Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
and you need to show more respect to people who may have a different viewpoint to you.

Haha... I thought Bens Grandads post of Stephens as player of the season had made my day, you just did!

You and Thunder Bolt should form an allegiance/alliance, but get your story's together. He seems to think I say to much about wanting CH out and you seem to think I don't. And the fact both of you are in blind faith of the dirge we have been dished up in the past 3 months you still think he is the right man. I do respect both of yours total ignorance towards football. Perhaps you are sick of full attendances at the Amex, assuming you go, and want more empty seats, as recently seen. Can we be friends?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You mean the way he saw what was wrong, changed it and got us back into the game? Yep - completely lost it!

It did take him longer than anyone else in the stadium to see Izquierdo was having an off day, and the Kayal Bissouma switch was down to an injury. So no.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Haha... I thought Bens Grandads post of Stephens as player of the season had made my day, you just did!

You and Thunder Bolt should form an allegiance/alliance, but get your story's together. He seems to think I say to much about wanting CH out and you seem to think I don't. And the fact both of you are in blind faith of the dirge we have been dished up in the past 3 months you still think he is the right man. I do respect both of yours total ignorance towards football. Perhaps you are sick of full attendances at the Amex, assuming you go, and want more empty seats, as recently seen. Can we be friends?

You're another of those with a vendetta against Stephens as well are you? Doesn't surprise me.
Here's an idea: if you want attractive, winning football every week go support Man City and leave the supporting to the true supporters.
I have never seen you say a single positive thing. I can understand wanting a change of manager (strongly disagree but understand) - can't understand the almost glee from some posters when things go wrong? Maybe you just get some kind of weird pleasure from moaning all the time?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're another of those with a vendetta against Stephens as well are you? Doesn't surprise me.
Here's an idea: if you want attractive, winning football every week go support Man City and leave the supporting to the true supporters.
I have never seen you say a single positive thing. I can understand wanting a change of manager (strongly disagree but understand) - can't understand the almost glee from some posters when things go wrong? Maybe you just get some kind of weird pleasure from moaning all the time?

Bless you. Not friends then?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In years gone by you were told by the happy clapping lickers to go support Man U and now they tell you to go to Man City, how times change

I was thinking more Notts County personally, at least they go down with a fight.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
It did take him longer than anyone else in the stadium to see Izquierdo was having an off day, and the Kayal Bissouma switch was down to an injury. So no.

Everyone was having an off day first half. He made 1 half time sub and probably knew at half time Kayal might not last the game so would have been very risky using the 3rd sub after 45 mins by taking Jose off then.
My point was that if Hughton has "lost it" because we were so poor first half (we were - no arguments) that he should also get credit for an excellent 2nd half. Seems rather blinkered to only judge on 45 minutes of football rather than the full 90.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Burnley playing the same negative anti football v City were accused of playing. These are a tough league.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Everyone was having an off day first half. He made 1 half time sub and probably knew at half time Kayal might not last the game so would have been very risky using the 3rd sub after 45 mins by taking Jose off then.
My point was that if Hughton has "lost it" because we were so poor first half (we were - no arguments) that he should also get credit for an excellent 2nd half. Seems rather blinkered to only judge on 45 minutes of football rather than the full 90.

Fair enough, but I spent much of that first half watching Chris on the touchline, to see if the stick I had given him on here this week was perhaps over the top. But, as we stood off Newcastle, he didn't do anything, just stood there with his hands in his pockets.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Here's my view on 90 min's

The starting formation was an experiment with very curious timing, failed imo.

Izzy has been gash all season and seemingly is carrying an injury. Even if not injured another odd selection choice

Andone was a potential red in waiting, who knows if he would have come off had he not got the yellow?

Kayal should have been off after 15 minutes not 50

Newcastle checked out at half time and made us look good, in the same way we made Cardiff look like Barca

Are there any neutrals (ambivalent in respect to CH) that believe we were anything other than very fortunate, a statement you could apply to many of our 'points for' this season imo (and I'm not ambivalent obviously)

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Fair enough, but I spent much of that first half watching Chris on the touchline, to see if the stick I had given him on here this week was perhaps over the top. But, as we stood off Newcastle, he didn't do anything, just stood there with his hands in his pockets.

He changed the formation during the first half from 442 to 451/433 after about 20 minutes so didn't do nothing. Apart from that I can't comment as I can't say I was watching him.
One of the (valid in my opinion) criticisms of Hughton is that he doesn't make subs early enough so I was pleased to see him making a sub after 45 minutes that changed the game. It's certainly something I'd like to see him do more often.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Here's my view on 90 min's

The starting formation was an experiment with very curious timing, failed imo.

Izzy has been gash all season and seemingly is carrying an injury. Even if not injured another odd selection choice

Andone was a potential red in waiting, who knows if he would have come off had he not got the yellow?

Kayal should have been off after 15 minutes not 50

Newcastle checked out at half time and made us look good, in the same way we made Cardiff look like Barca

Are there any neutrals (ambivalent in respect to CH) that believe we were anything other than very fortunate, a statement you could apply to many of our 'points for' this season imo (and I'm not ambivalent obviously)

Clearly I'm not neutral but I agree with a lot of what you have said.
I don't think we were fortunate though. Think we played very well 2nd half (rather than Newcastle checking out) and deserved a point.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
He changed the formation during the first half from 442 to 451/433 after about 20 minutes so didn't do nothing. Apart from that I can't comment as I can't say I was watching him.
One of the (valid in my opinion) criticisms of Hughton is that he doesn't make subs early enough so I was pleased to see him making a sub after 45 minutes that changed the game. It's certainly something I'd like to see him do more often.

But why change formation putting players out of position? Andone is not a right side midfielder so that was the time to make the change.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
But why change formation putting players out of position? Andone is not a right side midfielder so that was the time to make the change.

Don't necessarily disagree with this but very few managers ever make subs in the first half.
I guess he wanted to try and find a way to keep Andone's pace and Gross' creativity on the pitch at the same time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here