Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last season was fantastic, this one has been awful in the last three months, especially at home

Yes Icy but we were talking about miracles and wages. We can probably conclude that our wages is similar to last season. So is staying in the league a "miracle" ? (like Rafa)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good luck to Rafa. But even he has had more to play with than Albion in terms of budgets .
Like it or not Hughton has kept , Cardiff miracles aside, Albion in the Premier league for a 3rd season in a row with a bottom 6 budget.
Not good enough for the vocal majority on these threads and nobody is denying its been grim in the last few months or that recruitment in the summer has been mixed to say the least but an achievement nonetheless .

Cardiff and Hudders aside the player wages of the next 8 are broadly similar. It's a weak argument to hide behind imo

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes, the first three you mention have done OK - but no more than that, IMHO. We do need to add some real quality at the heart of the team for next season - and by that I mean quality and NOT quantity.
On top of that, though, something has seriously gone wrong this year; we don't seem to have that #Together thing any more. One or two bad apples in the squad? Whatever it is, CH needs to sort it.

I think we recruited too many foreign players, at the same time, who haven't learned their craft scrapping it out in the lower English leagues let alone being thrown into the Prem. On reflection it was a really risky move and we are lucky to have all but survived. That said the experience of a full season in the Prem will hopefully show next season and make it easier for Hughton plus a few signings. A Bernardo type RB with pace would balance the team out a bit for starters.

Maybe another manager would have failed getting into double figures under the same recruitment circumstances and therefore Hughton has been a genius working with EPL virgins who will tear the Prem a new one next season. Can only hope.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm completely team Chris. It's been a really difficult season and I'm concerned as anyone about the recent collapse in confidence. But we look like we'll stay up and that's the ONLY measure of success right now.

Funnily enough what this season has shown me is that the demands to play more expansive football came too soon. With hindsight, we stick to to the 4411 formation and we'll always be hard to beat plus dangerous on the counter when key creative players are fit.

Maybe there does need to be a rethink over the summer, but that should be about what kind of ambition is currently practical for us and formation/personnel will enable that. Either way, Chris should be in charge. He's not perfect but he's pretty damn good.

Agreed, the mid season change to accomodate Locadia has cost us in compromising too many other benefits and now has shot our confidence in everything we do. A pre-season will help get us back to our best

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Cardiff and Hudders aside the player wages of the next 8 are broadly similar. It's a weak argument to hide behind imo

Whats the argument ? I think its just perspective for what we're likely to achieve given our outlay which is fair enough. We're also in only our 2nd season in the league which is a factor.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Managers are judged on their current results not a vague whiff of nostalgia for past triumphs. CH has been amazing for the club and I'd rather remember him for that than for hanging on long enough to fully sour the relationship.
I can't imagine any other top flight side (or maybe even league side) that would stand by their manager after our current collapse. Throw all the stats at me you want, but the truth is on the pitch and plain for all to see. I'm not advocating an immediate sacking, but more hoping for an early summer mutual agreement of sorts, a golden handshake for someone who has gone above and beyond for our club before clearly reaching their limit.
I'm pleased we got a much needed point yesterday, but when a draw at home to Newcastle feels like winning the cup you have to appreciate something has gone wrong somewhere. I know staying up was all that mattered, (which we haven't actually managed yet) but I hopeTony Bloom would have now seen we need to move on unless our aspirations are for season after season of praying three sides are worse than us.
If CH stays,I don't think it'll make any jot of difference what players we bring in in the summer, and I find it hard to understand how anybody could see us surviving another season under his tutelage. We've/he's clearly been found out and without a change we will be next season's Huddersfield.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If anyone wants any proof about why we need to switch managers in the summer, then yesterday’s game was yet more evidence. The guy has lost it.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Agreed, the mid season change to accomodate Locadia has cost us in compromising too many other benefits and now has shot our confidence in everything we do. A pre-season will help get us back to our best
Pre season against Crawley, Hastings and Worthing will set us up for a top six finish without a doubt

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Managers are judged on their current results not a vague whiff of nostalgia for past triumphs. CH has been amazing for the club and I'd rather remember him for that than for hanging on long enough to fully sour the relationship.
I can't imagine any other top flight side (or maybe even league side) that would stand by their manager after our current collapse. Throw all the stats at me you want, but the truth is on the pitch and plain for all to see. I'm not advocating an immediate sacking, but more hoping for an early summer mutual agreement of sorts, a golden handshake for someone who has gone above and beyond for our club before clearly reaching their limit.
I'm pleased we got a much needed point yesterday, but when a draw at home to Newcastle feels like winning the cup you have to appreciate something has gone wrong somewhere. I know staying up was all that mattered, (which we haven't actually managed yet) but I hopeTony Bloom would have now seen we need to move on unless our aspirations are for season after season of praying three sides are worse than us.
If CH stays,I don't think it'll make any jot of difference what players we bring in in the summer, and I find it hard to understand how anybody could see us surviving another season under his tutelage. We've/he's clearly been found out and without a change we will be next season's Huddersfield.

I don't often say this, but this.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For someone who simply cannot debate facts and is always stupidly negative that response just about sums you up.

This feels like Brexit with all the remainer bullies throwing their weight around. Best of luck to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here