Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Bournemouth?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We were seated right next to them and they were making decent noise throughout. The rest of the stadium sounded like a morgue. Acoustics and all that.

I was right next to the Bournemouth fans. The panto banter was put a stop to by baldy, which was a shame. Loved the celebrations for the equaliser with lots of us dancing wildly in the aisles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A very odd post. Bournemouth did well. Howe clearly gets the most out of his players and do well for what he has. .

I think you overplay Howe's achievements with 'plucky little Bournemouth'. They had £3 million pounds worth of strikers on the BENCH yesterday.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What is tinpot about bringing a decent away following and celebrating a hard-fought and deserved point? Am pretty sure we have been 'guilty' of that quite a few times over the years...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
A message to all the AFCB fans on this thread.

Most of us (I reckon 95%) consider you a proper football club and not much different to ourselves. Do not confuse the views of some nutters on here (I'm sure you have them too!) with the views of the silent majority.

I thought you were decent yesterday but as mentioned could have lost 6-1.... that's football.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A message to all the AFCB fans on this thread.

Most of us (I reckon 95%) consider you a proper football club and not much different to ourselves. Do not confuse the views of some nutters on here (I'm sure you have them too!) with the views of the silent majority.

I thought you were decent yesterday but as mentioned could have lost 6-1.... that's football.
This.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was actually looking forward to yesterday's game due to the fact that it was Bournemouth we were playing. I know it's not a derby per se but there is always something extra special about playing the teams on the south coast.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think you overplay Howe's achievements with 'plucky little Bournemouth'. They had £3 million pounds worth of strikers on the BENCH yesterday.

I don't know but I don't imagine that their squad cost as much as most in the championship. I think with crowds that they get, they over achieve in the championship. I quite liked the way they set up and play, they played some nice footy at times. Good luck to the. Some people on this board are trolling or deluded.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
I don't know but I don't imagine that their squad cost as much as most in the championship. I think with crowds that they get, they over achieve in the championship. I quite liked the way they set up and play, they played some nice footy at times. Good luck to the. Some people on this board are trolling or deluded.

Apart from Elliot Ward (CB) yesterday's 11 was the same 11 we played with in Lg 1 last year… and this has been the case for the vast majority of this season… Yes we bought Tokelo Rantie for a rumoured 2 (ish) million but he really has not worked out and will seemingly take a lot longer to adapt to the English game than any of us, including Howe, had hoped…

We are now getting around 10/11k attendances which although great, for us, is still one of the lowest in this division… Because of this FFP will always cripple us in competing with most in this division, yet we continue to play good football, are sitting 9 points above the relegation zone and have played most of the top teams away from home…

Some on here come across as having very short memories and feel now you're in a big ground, you are all of a sudden a big time charlies… However, I do accept that MBs do not reflect the opinion of the masses, in fact the complete opposite…

Cold harsh truth… you could have won, and probably should have, but you didn't… !!!!! Thus meaning you weren't good enough to win!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apart from Elliot Ward (CB) yesterday's 11 was the same 11 we played with in Lg 1 last year…

Err.. no it wasn't. Surman wasnt with you in League One, and nor was the guy who kept you from getting well beaten, Lee Camp.

Yes we bought Tokelo Rantie for a rumoured 2 (ish) million but he really has not worked out and will seemingly take a lot longer to adapt to the English game than any of us, including Howe, had hoped…

You also had Brett Pitman and Ian Harte on the bench, who are presumably playing for pocket money?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We had this discussion yesterday. The stadium acoustics are terrible, sound doesn't travel. Bournemouth sung for much of the game.

As did the North (in places), but other parts of the ground couldnt hear.

Similarly, I couldnt actually hear the "Police Box Crew" yesterday and im sat in the North. Couldnt hear the SWC again either, again probably down to the stadium acoustics.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As did the North (in places), but other parts of the ground couldnt hear.

Similarly, I couldnt actually hear the "Police Box Crew" yesterday and im sat in the North. Couldnt hear the SWC again either, again probably down to the stadium acoustics.

I was beneath the Police box and there were only about 20 people singing so it's not really a surprise we couldn't be heard. SWC I heard a few attempts of 'we're the south stand' (no your not) and that was all. Heard songs from further along the North but not for 90 minutes. Atmosphere was shit in general from the home fans.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hate some of our fans being so dismissive of clubs like Bournemouth, pompous self absorbed idiots, people forget where we came from just because we have a nice stadium now, compete at the top end of the championship & have big crowds that we are such a big club and everyone else is tin pot and small, patronising songs from our fans like 'what's it like to see a crowd' are you kidding me? Unreal.

For what it's worth I don't even like them that much and the time wasting was embarrassing but at least they came and had a go and played a bit of football, the same can't be said for most teams we've played at the Amex this year, I thought they were a decent side anyway. Good to see teams like them punching above their weight, people forget we were like that for a very long time.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Hate some of our fans being so dismissive of clubs like Bournemouth, pompous self absorbed idiots, people forget where we came from just because we have a nice stadium now, compete at the top end of the championship & have big crowds that we are such a big club and everyone else is tin pot and small, patronising songs from our fans like 'what's it like to see a crowd' are you kidding me? Unreal.

For what it's worth I don't even like them that much and the time wasting was embarrassing but at least they came and had a go and played a bit of football, the same can't be said for most teams we've played at the Amex this year, I thought they were a decent side anyway. Good to see teams like them punching above their weight, people forget we were like that for a very long time.

Sensible post, thankyou. Some of our fans really do show us up and would do well to remember a lot of fans of these "tinpot" clubs were all to willing to help us when we needed it most.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Err.. no it wasn't. Surman wasnt with you in League One, and nor was the guy who kept you from getting well beaten, Lee Camp.

You also had Brett Pitman and Ian Harte on the bench, who are presumably playing for pocket money?

Fair point, I forgot about Surman… This is because he has literally only just broken into out starting 11… Up until a few games ago he has been a shadow of the player he was when on loan to us years back…

As for Camp, well, fair point again… :blush:

Ian Harte has played maybe 2 games for us all season… As for Pitman, I am not convinced that our home-grown striker, who went to Bristol City whilst we were in financial meltdown (again) and came back last year, is a top earner…

Anyhow, I am not really arguing that we don't have money… Cos we do!!! We have millions, but FFP means we can't spend it. Previous, inexperienced managers were given the biggest purse an AFCB manager has never had, and effectively blew it on mainly poor players on high wages!!!

EH is now having to get what he can out of 15/16 players that struggled at times in Lg 1…

So I stand corrected… 8 out of the 11 were the same as last year…!!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did you have £3m+ worth of player on the bench last year too?

Indeed.

I'm not sure why he felt the need to point out that Harte doesn't play, either. The fact that they can spunk around half a MILLION in wages for a reserve backs up my point, rather than counters it, surely?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Apologies, if anyone calls you 'tin pot'. always had time for clubs like Bournemouth, good community club, who have had their problems in the past with some bad owners etc. I could not really hear any fans much on NYD, maybe the wind and cold, but very quite from sitting in the West Stand. On footballing terms, a strange team I thought, looked to have ability, but just defended and put 10 men behind the ball, think they could have attacked more, but they got a point (which no one could say they deserved really on the way they played), but they got it, by a mixture of bad luck, an awful ref, bad finishing and their MOM the woodwork, although the keeper played a blinder though. A plucky/lucky team, but please not tin pot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here