Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Bournemouth?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree - they play some neat passing football. Howe is an excellent manager - he obviously knows how to play against us, and every time I've seen one of his sides against us they've had absolutely the right game plan.

I agree, I don't think they were tinpot at all. If they were all that bad why didn't we beat them when we are so much 'bigger'.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Whilst I agree that you probably did enough to earn 3 points, you didn't… Neither did you at Dean Court… So tin pot we may be in your eyes, but we have matched you over 2 games now…

Who cares is we set up defensively in the 2nd half… We are an away side, so we should look to not concede and counter when possible… Is not exactly a new tactic…

If you want to discuss tin pot, then I think we should begin to talk about how quiet your support was today… Quietest home support I have heard (except for QPR)… Maybe there is an acoustic issue in your ground but from where we were sitting… silence. Until you scored!!!

Like I said, I thought you were the better side today, however, I thought we showed some good play and spells… I don't consider a point away to a team that just missed out on promotion to the Prem last season, a bad point…

PS. re sitting down… I know… I abs hate it but some of our fans are miserable buggers :) (I also think the stewards were insisting on it)...

Fair post.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If you want to discuss tin pot, then I think we should begin to talk about how quiet your support was today… Quietest home support I have heard (except for QPR)… Maybe there is an acoustic issue in your ground but from where we were sitting… silence. Until you scored!!!
Fair cop. "Is this a library?" and "Can you hear the Brighton sing?" were briefly just about audible (if you knew what you were listening to) from my seat at the North end of the WSU.

There is, however, a massive "acoustic issue" at The Amex. Apart from a couple of "Barmy Army" chants nothing else that Bournemouth sang could be heard from where I sit. I am assuming that 1,600 away fans, watching their team 1-0 up for 75 minutes, did muster at least a few other chants...?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are a number of teams lower than us that we have failed to beat at home this season; Millwall, Wednesday, Barnsley and Huddersfield to name but a few.

Bournemouth were far better than any of them imho. They pressed us well and they were good on the counter-attack. Don't think they were "tinpot".

We should have won though.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Fair cop. "Is this a library?" and "Can you hear the Brighton sing?" were briefly just about audible (if you knew what you were listening to) from my seat at the North end of the WSU.

There is, however, a massive "acoustic issue" at The Amex. Apart from a couple of "Barmy Army" chants nothing else that Bournemouth sang could be heard from where I sit. I am assuming that 1,600 away fans, watching their team 1-0 up for 75 minutes, did muster at least a few other chants...?

Please see below mate… :cheery:

Noisiest fans at the Amex this season.

Also one of the better teams we have played.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Noisiest fans at the Amex this season.

Also one of the better teams we have played.

Assuming your second sentence is a joke? One of the worst sides at the Amex this year. ONE shot on target bar a penalty incorrectly given to them. They worked hard and that was literally it.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought they played some really good high tempo stuff, but their end product was certainly lacking and having nothing upfront made it quite easy for El-Abd and Upson. They got a penalty which wasn't and were saved by the woodwork. Camp had a blinder as well. if we can put our last ten minutes into the full 90 minutes, not many teams in this division will be able to handle us and we must make sure we do it constantly, if we are going to get into the top six.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Assuming your second sentence is a joke? One of the worst sides at the Amex this year. ONE shot on target bar a penalty incorrectly given to them. They worked hard and that was literally it.
This. The ludicrous penalty award, some good goalkeeping and a lot of luck were what saved Bournemouth from a heavy defeat.

Given that we only played "quite well" by our standards this doesn't make Bournemouth's performance very impressive.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Jesus SOME of the posts on here are very disparaging towards us, to say the least! Yes, if we held onto 0-1 it would have been very unjust, but I knew you would score eventually. Support all round was terrible, lets be honest, 2/10 for both of us (yes its New years day and bad weather, but..). Didn't think we were 'tinpot' in any areas!

Thought we played some decent stuff, but tired in the last 20 and not enough presence in the penno box. KLL looked very lively for you, how comes he doesn't play every week? - I would have thought he would have been first on the sheet.

Both sides played some good stuff, despite the conditions and Camp had a blinder, thankfully!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Jesus SOME of the posts on here are very disparaging towards us, to say the least! Yes, if we held onto 0-1 it would have been very unjust, but I knew you would score eventually. Support all round was terrible, lets be honest, 2/10 for both of us (yes its New years day and bad weather, but..). Didn't think we were 'tinpot' in any areas!

Thought we played some decent stuff, but tired in the last 20 and not enough presence in the penno box. KLL looked very lively for you, how comes he doesn't play every week? - I would have thought he would have been first on the sheet.

Both sides played some good stuff, despite the conditions and Camp had a blinder, thankfully!
Sport often involves fine margins.

Today there was a gulf in class between the two sides. The chances you "created" would on average yield something like 0.1 goals per game.

It was a complete travesty that Bournemouth escaped The Amex with a point.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Don't take the piss fella. Well done, you got away with your robbery but that's what it was. Could've easily been 5 or 6-0. Check the stats. We were utterly all over you bar about 25 mins in early 2nd half. We hit the woodwork 3 times and your GK was you MoM by an absolute country mile. You didn't look like scoring in 10 hours of football.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sport often involves fine margins.

Today there was a gulf in class between the two sides. The chances you "created" would on average yield something like 0.1 goals per game.

It was a complete travesty that Bournemouth escaped The Amex with a point.

This. Possibly the most one sided game at the Amex this season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

But they were ahead due to the (dodgy) penalty, so why do you feel that they need to bomb forward and attack when their defence was very well organised and reducing us to a few long range efforts and a couple of half chances?

They were very close to securing all 3 points as they only conceeded in the 89th minute.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
reducing us to a few long range efforts and a couple of half chances?
the rest of your post gives the impression that you watched the match

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Track tops to wear walking out on to the pitch, team photo before the start of the game, time wasting after 3 minutes, fans celebrating hanging on for a draw.

What a strange club.

Get over yourself you big wuss!

They've just come up from League 1 and had every right to celebrate an away draw against a side that most expect to be in playoff contention.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

i think the point re the conditions hasn't been taken into account as much as it should have been...it was dreadful

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There are a number of teams lower than us that we have failed to beat at home this season; Millwall, Wednesday, Barnsley and Huddersfield to name but a few.

Bournemouth were far better than any of them imho. They pressed us well and they were good on the counter-attack. Don't think they were "tinpot".

We should have won though.

Actually think Barnsley were better and thats not to knock Bournemouth who clearly play the better football more consistently if you refer to there points total

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here