Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Bournemouth?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Don't take the piss fella. Well done, you got away with your robbery but that's what it was. Could've easily been 5 or 6-0. Check the stats. We were utterly all over you bar about 25 mins in early 2nd half. We hit the woodwork 3 times and your GK was you MoM by an absolute country mile. You didn't look like scoring in 10 hours of football.

I wasn't taking the piss at all - my post was fair. Yes, rode our luck and said that we didn't deserve to win that.

take a deep breath - that's football. We battered Brum and got sod all 2 weeks ago, it's annoying.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't think Bournemouth are tinpot at all.

Today we should have won but that's football. Howe always gets the luck against us, just hope he never manages Palace !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bournemouth fans pretty quiet . Few songs were loud .

Big day out for them

Fair play to them . At least they showed some intent unlike Huddersfield . They should be comfortably mid table

We should of won that though . Home record becoming a problem

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just another frustrating home performance that we should have one.i hope it dosnt cost us at the end of the season.we really need to get an early goal in these matches like we did against Leicester.
Don't seem to be getting the luck at the moment but that's football.

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
You're confusing 'big day out' with 'an away game on a public holiday that is easy to get to'.

A big day out is travelling a distance to a proper 'big' club.

Thats not you.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
You're confusing 'big day out' with 'an away game on a public holiday that is easy to get to'.

A big day out is travelling a distance to a proper 'big' club.

Thats not you.

Compared to your little club, we are a big club to you, I have always liked Bournemouth, but really hope you get relegated.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fair cop. "Is this a library?" and "Can you hear the Brighton sing?" were briefly just about audible (if you knew what you were listening to) from my seat at the North end of the WSU.

There is, however, a massive "acoustic issue" at The Amex. Apart from a couple of "Barmy Army" chants nothing else that Bournemouth sang could be heard from where I sit. I am assuming that 1,600 away fans, watching their team 1-0 up for 75 minutes, did muster at least a few other chants...?

This. I could barely hear them at all from the North. Often you can see the away fans bouncing up and down so you assume they must be singing, but you can't hear them. And the away fans often say the ground was silent when the North was singing for large parts of the game. Is it something to do with how big the pitch is perhaps? The players often say it is loud so maybe the sound goes straight on to the pitch and doesn't travel to the stands.

Although saying that, whenever Leeds come down they are deafening the whole game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Jesus SOME of the posts on here are very disparaging towards us, to say the least! Yes, if we held onto 0-1 it would have been very unjust, but I knew you would score eventually. Support all round was terrible, lets be honest, 2/10 for both of us (yes its New years day and bad weather, but..). Didn't think we were 'tinpot' in any areas!

Thought we played some decent stuff, but tired in the last 20 and not enough presence in the penno box. KLL looked very lively for you, how comes he doesn't play every week? - I would have thought he would have been first on the sheet.

Both sides played some good stuff, despite the conditions and Camp had a blinder, thankfully!

A very fair summary.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Just another frustrating home performance that we should have one.i hope it dosnt cost us at the end of the season.we really need to get an early goal in these matches like we did against Leicester.
Don't seem to be getting the luck at the moment but that's football.

Good point, the fact is we came out at a fare pace today and squandered some very good chances, Leo very guilty of this should have had a hat trick before half time. Surprised there has been no comment on this on here as had it been Barnes, and i'm not a Barnes lovey, then the screens would have lit up.

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
"Compared to your little club, we are a big club to you, I have always liked Bournemouth, but really hope you get relegated. "

Oh, I'm heartbroken.

Considering what Brighton have been through over the past 30 odd years, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Or are you just a 15 year old Amex Johnny come lately?

I've fond memories of the Goldstone, I don't recall you being a big club then.

Don't get me started on the Whithdean years.

Its a funny old world; I'd still be happy to see you lot in the Premiership.

Because you're a 'little' club, like us.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Bournemouth fans pretty quiet . Few songs were loud .

Big day out for them

You aint big pal, if so when exactly did that happen ?Also whats this tinpot malarky all about ? 12 year Withdean type tinpot, dont recall you calling anyone tinpot back then. So you have new ground, well done, its a shame it clearly became gift wrapped with a large number of 'new fans' . I hope you get your singing section sorted :p

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You aint big pal, if so when exactly did that happen ?Also whats this tinpot malarky all about ? 12 year Withdean type tinpot, dont recall you calling anyone tinpot back then. So you have new ground, well done, its a shame it clearly became gift wrapped with a large number of 'new fans' . I hope you get your singing section sorted :p

Not saying we are but I bet when the fixtures came out Brighton away was one you were looking for

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear...I really don't know why opposition fans get so wound up because a couple of people put something on a forum about their club............................a couple of people out of thousands that use this forum.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
A very odd post. Bournemouth did well. Howe clearly gets the most out of his players and do well for what he has. Why you would care about the tracksuit tops says more about you than their tops. It was quite an entertaining game that we should have won but fluffed our chances.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Not saying we are but I bet when the fixtures came out Brighton away was one you were looking for

A few probably wanted to tick the stadium off (and it being New Years day) but other than that I dont recall anyone making an issue out of this fixture any more than we would if we were playing Swindon,Bristol City or Yeovil. You are kind of on that level to us - someone relatively close in terms of travel but nothing to get excited about fixture wise. Well of course you know that, cant help but think theres a bit of a WUM factor about this thread :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
"Compared to your little club, we are a big club to you, I have always liked Bournemouth, but really hope you get relegated. "

Oh, I'm heartbroken.

Considering what Brighton have been through over the past 30 odd years, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Or are you just a 15 year old Amex Johnny come lately?

I've fond memories of the Goldstone, I don't recall you being a big club then.

Don't get me started on the Whithdean years.

Its a funny old world; I'd still be happy to see you lot in the Premiership.

Because you're a 'little' club, like us.

As i stated on another thread. I stayed behind for a lot longer than usual after the game. I ended up getting a train back about 9ish. I was in a carriage which only had Bournemouth supporters. They had a great day, were happy, loved the Amex and were full of compliments. Obviously they did not see the bad penalty decision from the South stand, and admitted a draw was a tad lucky. Nice lads.
If we can not get into the Prem, then this fairly local game is good for both clubs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A few probably wanted to tick the stadium off (and it being New Years day) but other than that I dont recall anyone making an issue out of this fixture any more than we would if we were playing Swindon,Bristol City or Yeovil. You are kind of on that level to us - someone relatively close in terms of travel but nothing to get excited about fixture wise. Well of course you know that, cant help but think theres a bit of a WUM factor about this thread :)

Some pathetic posts on here from some Brighton fans. Most of us don't consider ourselves to be the Real Madrid of the Championship so please don't tar us all with the same patronising idiocy displayed in some of the posts above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here