Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Bournemouth?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I quite like the track tops. Just saying.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Francis and the keeper were time wasting from the 20th min but the hopeless referee did nothing about it. Bournemouth played some nice stuff in midfield but never looked like scoring and it took the gift of the penalty to give them a goal. Eddie Howe comes across as a nice guy in the media but his sides always have a dirty and cheating edge to their play.

I thought Francis did a pretty good job on KLL. It's unusual to see Kaz tamed.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
In fairness to kaz where was ritchie today? Didnt get forward at all as he had to do his job of defending. To be fair he did it well along with ward who somehow never got booked. They played some nice football at times and i thought one of the better sides we have had at the Amex so far this year. If we had got a last gasp winner it would not of been highway robbery but we have to take our chances. Leo should of had two before half time.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't think "attractive" is the adjective I'd use. Hard working and well organised, certainly, but they clearly came for the point and the tactics were basically to stop us playing. Which is fair enough.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So we were tinpot?

Is that all you can find to say?

If acting in a tinpot way means you're about 24 places higher in the football league than you really should be then I'm all for it.

Some of the stuff that's happened at Dean Court over the past couple of years has reduced cynical old buggers like me to tears. (did you notice Bubbles Champagne Bar when you came to our place?)

I'm with you all the way on the coats, and the time wasting is hideous to watch.

But along with that we play some of the most attractive football in the division and we're punching above our weight rather nicely thanks very much.

You obviously don't go and watch Bournemouth play that much :facepalm:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wouldn't surprise me if we do the same from next season, Probably an "Old School" look one

With SEAGULLS or the players' surnames on the back?

wales76-tracksuit-3.jpg

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
You would not have scored today without the help of Hooper! Put 10 men behind the ball after that and you call that attractive football! We would have won comfortably but for the penalty!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I thought Bournemouth contributed to a really entertaining game today. At times they passed the ball really well and looked a threat on the break. Four of their players stood out the obvious one being Camp although you wonder how his afternoon would have gone if his mistake from the Crofts shot went in. I was really impressed with their right back Francis and Grabban and Pugh looked lively in attacking areas.

Where I felt they were vulnerable was at the back as their defensive line was all over the shop, so many times Ulloa broke their offside trap and really should have converted at least one chance. Second half they seemed to remedy this by playing a lot deeper.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Not sure whether it's good tactics or just boring, but they put 10 men behind the ball most of the game. Seems like we are so much better than most teams, but struggle when teams sit back. Maybe that is why we are better away from home. What annoys me is refs that let teams get away with blatant time wasting. He simply made a mistake with the pen, maybe we will get a dodgy one soon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Could barely hear their fans on the radio, in fact most of the time could barely hear Albion either. Bournemouth are a small club and to be fair punching well above their weight

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A typical Eddie Howe team, what they lack in ability they make up for in effort and endeavour plus throw in some snide tackles and off the ball tugs and time wasting.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Their keeper wasn't even that good though, he was by far the luckiest at the Amex to date, post saved him from the massive blunder at the start and somehow is flapping saved the ball from Barnes' header.

Funny that one of their players missed the photo call at the start of their cup final

True, had a good kick on him though, much more accurate than the big pole.

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
I found that the team photo was very strange, can't remember the Albion having a photo shoot before a game.
Maybe it was a special day out for them and may not have the chance to play at the Amex again.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Whilst I agree that you probably did enough to earn 3 points, you didn't… Neither did you at Dean Court… So tin pot we may be in your eyes, but we have matched you over 2 games now…

Who cares is we set up defensively in the 2nd half… We are an away side, so we should look to not concede and counter when possible… Is not exactly a new tactic…

If you want to discuss tin pot, then I think we should begin to talk about how quiet your support was today… Quietest home support I have heard (except for QPR)… Maybe there is an acoustic issue in your ground but from where we were sitting… silence. Until you scored!!!

Like I said, I thought you were the better side today, however, I thought we showed some good play and spells… I don't consider a point away to a team that just missed out on promotion to the Prem last season, a bad point…

PS. re sitting down… I know… I abs hate it but some of our fans are miserable buggers :) (I also think the stewards were insisting on it)...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I thought Bournemouth contributed to a really entertaining game today. At times they passed the ball really well and looked a threat on the break. Four of their players stood out the obvious one being Camp although you wonder how his afternoon would have gone if his mistake from the Crofts shot went in. I was really impressed with their right back Francis and Grabban and Pugh looked lively in attacking areas.

Where I felt they were vulnerable was at the back as their defensive line was all over the shop, so many times Ulloa broke their offside trap and really should have converted at least one chance. Second half they seemed to remedy this by playing a lot deeper.

Agree - they play some neat passing football. Howe is an excellent manager - he obviously knows how to play against us, and every time I've seen one of his sides against us they've had absolutely the right game plan.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
KLL took a knock in the first half and didn't seem the same again apart from his 2nd half shot against the woodwork

And Francis always had the close support of a couple of teammates, making 3 men for KLL to beat. A lacklustre Albion didn't have the guile/players on form, to exploit the space that this left elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here