Votes: 36 24.2%
  • £20 - £50 more

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • £50 and more

Votes: 23 15.4%

• Total voters

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
It will be a really hard decision for me even without a price rise, the pay to see the matches I want is very appealing. Given the atmosphere at the Amex I would rather save up and do away days instead, maybe combined with a Saturday night stop over where we go. I think any increase at all will pretty much nail this.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This. I will renew, but both sets of people next to me are not. The four lads in front of me are not and 5 of the 8 in the row in front of that who are friends are not. Hardly, scientific but I can see tickets sold dropping by 10k which would be a significant loss of revenue and a real shame. IMO it's not the price increases, it's the novelty value for some people wearing off, travel and mostly the football...

The club has always been a bandwagon one, and I think/fear we have reached the end of an upward cycle...
The difference now though is the Amex compared to the Goldstone, so I cant see it turning as bad as you say.Fascinating that you know the plans of a lot of strangers close to your seat though. If the team is performing well next season, the fans will comeback in my opinion.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
£50 increase for every ticket. Less than £1 a week. If you can't make sacrifices in other areas of your life/budget then maybe you can't afford it now?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Given the poor football we've had to endure this year and coupled with the fact that unless there is substantial investment in the playing budget that we will, with the current squad be in either another relegation battle in the Championship or scrambling for promotion in League 1, then I would be very concerned to see an increase in any of the key matchday services, including ticket prices.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think the club should freeze current season ticket prices in an attempt to get people to renew. They should also reduce match by match tickets a little because these have clearly not been selling. They do not have to do all of them but making it 20 notes to sit in south stand for example should see more sales.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think the club should freeze current season ticket prices in an attempt to get people to renew. They should also reduce match by match tickets a little because these have clearly not been selling. They do not have to do all of them but making it 20 notes to sit in south stand for example should see more sales.

Last year the club did freeze all season ticket prices for u10s, u16s and u18s. Also unlike most clubs its still refreshing that they allow you to buy tickets, interest free, on direct debit every month. Assuming we're still in the Champ then my guess is ST prices will be frozen. *

*As other posters have pointed out the club haven't announced prices of ST for 15/16 yet. and certainly haven't announced they are going up.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Seemed to recall there was something in the small print the last couple of years that the prices would go up by/stay the same unless we were promoted in which case there would be an unspecified increase.
I trust this year the small print will include a price reduction should we end up in league 1!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A very,very big shock,at least 10k down if we go down.

When Wolves went down to League 1 their average crowd went down from 21K (last season in Champ) to 20K.
They were promoted and their average crowd this season is 22K... (their average in the Prem was 25K)

Crowds don't change as much as you think...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
When Wolves went down to League 1 their average crowd went down from 21K (last season in Champ) to 20K.
They were promoted and their average crowd this season is 22K... (their average in the Prem was 25K)

If you've had the same ground for a century so those going for 10 or 20 years are greater & more 'sticky'

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Two seasons ago, our then manager stated, that he thought the club had hit the financial ceiling and I have reached what I predict will be the same financial ceiling for many supporters and any increase will mean I will not renew.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you've had the same ground for a century so those going for 10 or 20 years are greater & more 'sticky'

Molineux was effectively knocked down and rebuilt between 1990-93. It's currently being re-developed again. Same place but not same ground.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Difficult one. It is already expensive to watch the Albion - and football in general in this country.

What happens on the pitch isn't a massive deciding factor for me. I go because I want to see the Albion.

That said, I am feeling more and more apathetic towards football in general. I don't blame the Albion for the high prices etc - its a problem with football. But being able to afford an increase and being able to justify it are not necessarily the same thing.

Probably will renew though. Just losing a bit of love for football more each season. Again, not the Albion's fault. Not blaming Barber et al. Just modern football in general.

Funnily enough for me it IS what happens on the pitch. I am no longer prepared to put up with an inferior product. My target for Barber is to deliver championship football as an absolute MINIMUM. He fails in that then I fail in renewing frankly. With that in mind I dont mind a couple of quid extra a month. So long as MY target of championship football is met.

I feel that those renewals will be funding the "non renew" as this has been an absolute car crash of a season with a ridiculous summer recruitment policy, the board not showing the BALLS in ditching Sami back in October then trying to KEEP HIM all the while whilst Brentford and Bournemouth sit above us clearly showing their ambition is alot higher than ours!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

YEs but Wolves stormed the division. There is absolutely no guarantee that we will do the same. I can tell you now that if we didnt have a good season in L1 you can knock a good 8/9k off any gate the season after.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Inflation - and no more! No business can be sustained by charging high prices for a crap product. Many of us (particularly those working in the public sector) have had several years now of no pay increases, or very small, token increases.

Catering revenues have already fallen because Barber has priced many fans out of the market and to put prices up more than a quid or two a month would be commercial suicide. But then it's Barber...so you never know!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
YEs but Wolves stormed the division. There is absolutely no guarantee that we will do the same. I can tell you now that if we didnt have a good season in L1 you can knock a good 8/9k off any gate the season after.

I'm going on examples of other clubs that have been in the Champ and been relegated and what happened.
How about Bristol City for example ? Attendances are down by about 5% not c40% (ie: a 8/9/10K drop)

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
£50 increase for every ticket. Less than £1 a week. If you can't make sacrifices in other areas of your life/budget then maybe you can't afford it now?

Are you the Director who said "F**K the Fans" when we wanted Sami out?

Even Mr Barber would choose his words with a bit more understanding of how some people are struggling.

Based on the number of night games which are now occuring which many cannot get to the real cost per game on the season ticket is increasing.
For that reason they do not have much leeway on the price of tickets for match by match.
It's getting to the stage where it would be more cost effective to by match by match.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The difference now though is the Amex compared to the Goldstone, so I cant see it turning as bad as you say.Fascinating that you know the plans of a lot of strangers close to your seat though. If the team is performing well next season, the fans will comeback in my opinion.

They're not strangers we've all been there since the off. WSL are a friendly bunch! We've been discussing a variety of subjects from how shit Hyypia is/was, ditto CMS, away travel etc etc. Don't you talk to the people around you? Strange if you don't...

sherbert

Oct 11, 2008
They're not strangers we've all been there since the off. WSL are a friendly bunch! We've been discussing a variety of subjects from how shit Hyypia is/was, ditto CMS, away travel etc etc. Don't you talk to the people around you? Strange if you don't...
Cant talk to anyone around me as there never there in the ESU .. Honestly on Saturday there was nobody within 4 seats of me other than my son .... I have 2 season tickets @£650.00 ... Parking at the Bridge @£250 ... That's £1550.00 per year .. I go to about 3 away games with my son so that about another £300.00 (not including beer) ... FA cup tickets X2 =£84.00 ... And most prob spend £300.00 a year on Beer and Pies etc .... All in its about £2200.00 to watch whats been piss poor football .... I go to be entertained, loyalty goes so far but I feel the club have taken the piss this year ....... I am seriously thinking about not renewing and picking my games and going to watch Worthing ... can walk to there ground, Have a few beers and still watch piss poor football and it will most probably cost me £50.00 per game with beers and be home by 5.15

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cant talk to anyone around me as there never there in the ESU .. Honestly on Saturday there was nobody within 4 seats of me other than my son .... I have 2 season tickets @£650.00 ... Parking at the Bridge @£250 ... That's £1550.00 per year .. I go to about 3 away games with my son so that about another £300.00 (not including beer) ... FA cup tickets X2 =£84.00 ... And most prob spend £300.00 a year on Beer and Pies etc .... All in its about £2200.00 to watch whats been piss poor football .... I go to be entertained, loyalty goes so far but I feel the club have taken the piss this year ....... I am seriously thinking about not renewing and picking my games and going to watch Worthing ... can walk to there ground, Have a few beers and still watch piss poor football and it will most probably cost me £50.00 per game with beers and be home by 5.15

£50 to watch Worthing ? F*** that !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports