Votes: 30 20.1%
  • £50 and more

Votes: 23 15.4%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's a luxury I can barely afford at the moment. Anything more than £20 and I'll be struggling to justify it :( I'm really falling out of love with football at the moment, it's so lost within its own greed and we, the fans, are being horribly abused. I might have to go as and when next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Max increase of 5%, junior prices frozen, travel subsidy and free direct debit to continue. All seems fair and reasonable to me in the circumstances. Decision still required though.......do we move out of WSL - based on the comments on here will be lots of seat choice for next season.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Will be interesting to see if the people who voted nothing, are really choosing not to renew now for about £1-2 a month increase?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I wonder if Mr Barber will be doing the same as Manchester United in view of the rise in our commercial income...

"Manchester United freeze season-ticket prices for fourth year in row.
The club have announced the prices for the 2015-16 campaign and the rise in commercial income from sponsors has allowed the club to freeze prices once more for the fifth time in six years."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/02/manchester-united-freeze-season-ticket-prices

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Inflation +1% would be my best guess.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`ve got three two adults and one under 18 who next year isn`t. £2k to pay next year without increase...prob will renew as am still dreaming of watching Man U,Chelsea,Arsenal,Spurs ETC with my two sons at the Amex....And cost at £650 is less than cost of week skiing....Not sure how long dreams last though.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Genuine question: given that the amount made from a fairly hefty increase in attendance from the first season to last in the accounts appeared to be fairly minimal (in the big scheme of things) is it worth increasing the cost and potentially alienating fans? Presumably any increase in each season ticket would have to be balanced against the loss of fans deciding not to renew at those increased prices?

This is one of the big problems I have with Barber.

Its not just the season tickets. Its food & drink prices, taking away card discounts to buy items in the club shop, parking costs etc. I guess when all added up it makes a difference especially with FFP, but I think Barber has squeezed too hard on this and he runs the risk of crossing the line between what makes a small difference to the club makes a big difference to the average fan.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I've decided not to renew mine or my Girlfriends due to rising costs as well as living 2 hours travel. Instead of £450 each in the North Stand, we can get Season Tickets at The Stoop for Harlequins for £195 each as well as just 1hr up the road. No brainer really, sorry PB.

I'm pretty sure people are waiting for an excuse not to renew and publicising increases is a crazy move by Barber. Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with less revenue.

They seem to be relying on the fact that Hughton will create a big feelgood factor - fine if the board start spending to support him, otherwise he will find results inconsistent to come by, not matter how good he is.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
It's a massive dilemma for me. At the moment I pay about £2,000 a year into the Albion's coffers (1 adult ST, two under-18 STs, programmes, food) for the pleasure of watching home games. Plus we go to up to three away games a season. Mrs Maglers wants to build an extension this year which will add about £200 a month to the mortgage. If I stopped watching the Albion that would just about cover the cost. What would you do PB?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Wouldn't it be refreshing for the club to say season ticket prices to go down next season , i wonder if in the long run a £100 off every season ticket available would actually bring in a higher turnover for next season because as it stands i reckon there will be between 14-17 k renewing which is a huge loss of ST holders in one hit , as it stands and with news of a increase and the fact i miss 5 or so matches due to work i will not renew , BUT ,if i were to get a letter saying Good news Tay we are reducing our season ticket prices next season by £100 i would renew , yep pie in the sky stuff i guess but football is in real danger of becoming a real luxury for me rather than a weekly indulgence and at some point i simply wont be able to afford to go at all .

I just wonder how many would renew even subsrcibe to a ST if the club or any club bucked the trend and lowered their prices

In todays Argus interview with Barber he confirms that the price of season tickets will go up next season. How much more are you prepare to pay ?

Just goes to show how out of touch this non football man is with the fans.
I would imagine if the club wishes to retain half of it's season ticket holders it needs to knock AT LEAST a bullseye off.
Clueless prick.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Should point out to the last few responders, this thread is from last February. It was bumped by someone highlighting the price freeze for Man Utd due to commercial deals. There has been no comment from the club (at least that I'm aware of) regarding season ticket prices for next season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taking the piss really, we as fans are paying for the fiancial mess the club are getting themselves in which should not in my view be happening given the home crowd sizes.

NB what the rise is will be Barbers bonus no doubt

This.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Should point out to the last few responders, this thread is from last February. It was bumped by someone highlighting the price freeze for Man Utd due to commercial deals. There has been no comment from the club (at least that I'm aware of) regarding season ticket prices for next season.

Thanks i did not spot that .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is one of the big problems I have with Barber.

Its not just the season tickets. Its food & drink prices, taking away card discounts to buy items in the club shop, parking costs etc. I guess when all added up it makes a difference especially with FFP, but I think Barber has squeezed too hard on this and he runs the risk of crossing the line between what makes a small difference to the club makes a big difference to the average fan.

Spot on.

And I predict a big drop off in season ticket sales this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here