Votes: 30 20.1%
  • £50 and more

Votes: 23 15.4%

• Total voters

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Hopefully in line with my pay "rise".

i.e. 1%.

Really?? So you think there will only be (based on a £500 season ticket) a £5.00 per season increase? Think you'll find it'll be closer to £5.00 per month or an 8.35% increase per season if you want to look at it that way

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Already paying 627£ a year, don't want to lose my excellent seat but may have to if they increase prices.

Shame the view is crap from behind the goals, might have to try the corners or WSU instead

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Very true, players wages go through the stratosphere whilst the supporters face ever increasing prices for their tickets. God knows what we would charge if we ever get to the Premier but I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore

A season in the top flight might be fun as something of a novelty factor. Like getting half a dozen great away cup games in one season. Couldn't afford/justify it for a prolonged period of time though. Would probably find myself drifting along to a local non league club with occasional trips to The Amex.

I know it is a bit of a cliché to compare English football with German football at the moment, but I went to watch Hertha Berlin recently. My ticket was 17 Euros. For a top fight game in a brilliant stadium.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think to be fair to the club they want to keep rises to a minimum, and increase it from other avenues rather than ticketing. Expect to hear about the prices sooner rather than later!

Genuine question: given that the amount made from a fairly hefty increase in attendance from the first season to last in the accounts appeared to be fairly minimal (in the big scheme of things) is it worth increasing the cost and potentially alienating fans? Presumably any increase in each season ticket would have to be balanced against the loss of fans deciding not to renew at those increased prices?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll hang on in there thanks to the DD option too. A lump sum would just seem too vast and inexcusable. My friend who has had the seat next to me is giving up as he's just not there enough and the alternatives to him being my seat-mate are lessening.
If i ever had a tale published or found myself the sorry star of a reality show - perhaps one set in a salt-mine in Cheshire in which i am the sole member of the mole-eyed underground bloaters who wants to return to daylight and crawl around squintily on the Earth's surface, before returning to the deep to tell my people of the strange equality humans have up top and how women and pets aren't merely sex objects - then i'd think about having the seat next to me and renting it out per game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Taking the piss really, we as fans are paying for the fiancial mess the club are getting themselves in which should not in my view be happening given the home crowd sizes.

NB what the rise is will be Barbers bonus no doubt

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Still pretty cheap if you ask me with the DD option. I've paid £600 to watch a single England game in the past (if you think this is a lot ALL 3 of Thomson holidays 4 day trips to Brazil have sold out @ £2799 WITHOUT match tickets)
Everyone had had to spend less money on heating this winter so where better to put the dosh than the Albion?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My slightly educated guess is £20-£50, given a 5% rise in the cheapest tickets would be a £22.75 rise.

It may be that the cheapest tickets come in a bit under that, but it's hard to see that a WSL ticket won't go up by at least £20 - 2.9% of the current £680.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Really?? So you think there will only be (based on a £500 season ticket) a £5.00 per season increase? Think you'll find it'll be closer to £5.00 per month or an 8.35% increase per season if you want to look at it that way
Not really, no. Just making a point that everything keeps going up at the moment apart from most people's wages...

My real hope is that they restrict the price increase to around 4%.

D

Deleted member 18477

Was too expensive already this year for me. Everything else is going up and my salary isn't going up at the same rate so something had to give. A season ticket was the pure luxury for me.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've already made the decision to not renew this year so anyone wishing to pay £680+ the additional price hike is welcome to it. I'll attend games on a game by game decision basis seeing as there are plenty of empty seats each game now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In addition to any season ticket increase I would expect to see a widening of the price range between cat a and cat c match day prices as makes more sense to attract more to a potentially poor game than say one against west hsm if they come down.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally I will renew whatever happens, although possibly not in the same seat. The one advantage of being in Category A on the pricing structure is that as soon as it starts to go up too much for my liking I'll just move to a cheaper seat, rather than contemplate not renewing. But there are an awful lot of people who don't read this site who might not be quite so committed as most of us to sticking with it if the club are seen to be taking the piss.

I'm in a similar boat, the problem being my friends and I pay in a lump sum, and last season you had to renew before you could change seats. I have no idea how the refund works for those that buy in a lump sum, then move to a cheaper seat. The club does like to put refunds on your smartcard, rather than back into your bank account, and that could stop some of my group renewing.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
IDepends how much they put them up by as I train it down from the West Country and with train fares rising as well I may just cherry pick a few Amex games and do a few more away games maybe ?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Prices to stay the same but do away with the travel subsidy? This does mean a price rise in real terms but does away with a loss making part of the business.

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
I think this could be my last season for a while as a season ticket holder as i'm finding it hard to justify the expense.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't be surprised if the rail travel zone is shrunk to just cover the line between Brighton and Lewes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here