Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much longer

Wasn't it also part of the deal that there would be no POTG (or at least, no buying a ticket at the ground on match days)? That seems to have gone by the board (or so I understand - I haven't tested it myself yet).

There were no match day ticket sales at the Amex when it first opened but there are now. Match ticket sales points are required by the stadium planning consent to be specified in the Club's Travel Management Plan (see my earlier post) and I assume that this has been updated/amended.

Jan 30, 2008
The stadium planning consent requires the club to operate to a Travel Management Plan that has been approved by B&H Council. This plan has to be prepared in consultation with a Transport Management Group whose role is to ensure that the plan ensures effective and efficient transportation of stadium users and is consistent with the sustainable transport objectives/policies of Council.
This TMG is made up of representatives from BHA, B&H Council, Falmer PC, Lewes DC, Sussex Police, Transport Police, Fire & Ambulance Services, both universities, Highways Agency, East Sussex Highways, Southern Railway and B&H Buses.
A further condition of the planning consent is that Club's Travel Management Plan must contain details of (amongst other things):
Provision of transport vouchers (or equivalent) and journeys, modes of transport to be covered
Public transport arrangements to be provided

Personally, I can't see any way in which the TMG or Council is ever going to agree to a plan which requires the purchase of individual rail tickets. As you've already pointed out the outcome will be chaos.
that's just speculation though isn't it AS REV POINTED OUT, HOW DID WE COPE WITH A SINGLE TICKET BARRIER AT HOVE STATION
regards
DR

the stadium planning consent requires the club to operate to a travel management plan that has been approved by b&h council. This plan has to be prepared in consultation with a transport management group whose role is to ensure that the plan ensures effective and efficient transportation of stadium users and is consistent with the sustainable transport objectives/policies of council.
This tmg is made up of representatives from bha, b&h council, falmer pc, lewes dc, sussex police, transport police, fire & ambulance services, both universities, highways agency, east sussex highways, southern railway and b&h buses.
A further condition of the planning consent is that club's travel management plan must contain details of (amongst other things):
Provision of transport vouchers (or equivalent) and journeys, modes of transport to be covered
public transport arrangements to be provided

personally, i can't see any way in which the tmg or council is ever going to agree to a plan which requires the purchase of individual rail tickets. As you've already pointed out the outcome will be chaos.

Unlike the transport now???

that's just speculation though isn't it AS REV POINTED OUT, HOW DID WE COPE WITH A SINGLE TICKET BARRIER AT HOVE STATION
regards
DR

Not at all. It's my opinion based on the fact that is the Amex planning consent which is on the B&H Council website for all to read and has been for years. I also don't see the relevance of comparing the operational reality of transport management that BHA face today with the situation at a different ground/railway station four or five decades ago.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Do Derby still do that dynamic pricing with tickets cheaper the earlier they are purchased ( and season ticket holders getting the cheapest rate ) ? ???

If it has proved a success up there, I assume the club has looked at it as a possibility.

Yep, the way that season tickets are guaranteed as cheapest though is that they are not simply prop pro rated across the season, forest would be rated at, say £20, Rotherham at £9. So for certain games, some £10 tickets are on offer, by ST still cheaper....

Jan 30, 2008
Not at all. It's my opinion based on the fact that is the Amex planning consent which is on the B&H Council website for all to read and has been for years. I also don't see the relevance of comparing the operational reality of transport management that BHA face today with the situation at a different ground/railway station four or five decades ago.

That's just putting your head in the sand as I said how did we cope with a single ticket barrier at Hove station
regards
DR

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's just putting your head in the sand as I said how did we cope with a single ticket barrier at Hove station
regards
DR

To be honest, I think that everyone is crediting you with the intelligence to know how we coped with having to use ticket barriers at Hove station and why it'd be likely to cause a monumental cluster**** at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here