Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much longer

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do Derby still do that dynamic pricing with tickets cheaper the earlier they are purchased ( and season ticket holders getting the cheapest rate ) ? ???

If it has proved a success up there, I assume the club has looked at it as a possibility.

Do Derby still do that dynamic pricing with tickets cheaper the earlier they are purchased ( and season ticket holders getting the cheapest rate ) ? ???

If it has proved a success up there, I assume the club has looked at it as a possibility.

Derby's last set of annual accounts (to 30 June 2014) report matchday income as £6.1M (BHAFC's was £10.4M). The annual loss was £7.0M (£8.5M) on a turnover of £20.2M (£24.0M). Apart from a £15M mortgage on the Ipro stadium Derby are debt free; BHAFC's debt is £60.7M (and doesn't own the Amex).

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
of course its relevant when you see all the talk of how much ST prices are going to RISE when we get premiership football
regards
DR

You'll get more support if you stick to walk up prices.

The season ticket prices weren't increased this season. Two seasons ago, my seat worked out at £25 per game, now it's £27. As this includes some of my travel costs, I don't think that's too bad. However, £41 for the same seat as a walk up price is seriously taking the piss (IMO).

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Thing is Das, you might have a point if we ran at a profit but the Albion like almost every other club runs at a loss. As such, its not for you or me to tell the owners to make even bigger losses and pay for it out of their (rather than your or my) pocket. As such it has to be said, if you dont like it then lump it.

I had a season ticket for a couple of seasons but with the one man up and taking off strikers to replace them with midfielders I became very dis-satisfied and decided to attend as and when we played entertaining football,still waiting,looking at attendances it would seem others have made the same decision,yes we have still to lose a match however if there is little enjoyment there are other interests to splash the cash.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had a season ticket for a couple of seasons but with the one man up and taking off strikers to replace them with midfielders I became very dis-satisfied and decided to attend as and when we played entertaining football,still waiting,looking at attendances it would seem others have made the same decision,yes we have still to lose a match however if there is little enjoyment there are other interests to splash the cash.

Little enjoyment??!!

Actually I find it excruciatingly painful right now, but no change there. I don't ever unclench till we are 3 up and there are 5 minutes left. So my ringpiece is now so muscular it practicall snaps the Andrex out of my hand . . . . .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't see that working to be honest - would be carnage at the stations with queues for tickets and to get through the barriers. Wasn't the travel-included element part of the deal to allow the ground to be built at Falmer anyway ?

Wasn't it also part of the deal that there would be no POTG (or at least, no buying a ticket at the ground on match days)? That seems to have gone by the board (or so I understand - I haven't tested it myself yet).

Can't see that working to be honest - would be carnage at the stations with queues for tickets and to get through the barriers. Wasn't the travel-included element part of the deal to allow the ground to be built at Falmer anyway ?

The stadium planning consent requires the club to operate to a Travel Management Plan that has been approved by B&H Council. This plan has to be prepared in consultation with a Transport Management Group whose role is to ensure that the plan ensures effective and efficient transportation of stadium users and is consistent with the sustainable transport objectives/policies of Council.
This TMG is made up of representatives from BHA, B&H Council, Falmer PC, Lewes DC, Sussex Police, Transport Police, Fire & Ambulance Services, both universities, Highways Agency, East Sussex Highways, Southern Railway and B&H Buses.
A further condition of the planning consent is that Club's Travel Management Plan must contain details of (amongst other things):
Provision of transport vouchers (or equivalent) and journeys, modes of transport to be covered
Public transport arrangements to be provided

Personally, I can't see any way in which the TMG or Council is ever going to agree to a plan which requires the purchase of individual rail tickets. As you've already pointed out the outcome will be chaos.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here