[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
that's an invalid arguement as these players wouldn't have signed up for hughton hoofball

No - the invalid argument is assuming that Hughton would have continued to play so-called 'hoofball' with newer players (he didn't in the Championship). Neither you nor I have any idea who Hughton would have signed if still Brighton manager and what he would have done with them.

And I notice that you didn't comment in the reality that Potterball would have seen the club relegated if implemented straight after promotion.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
On top of everything else going on, the results are the last straw/

Any other season, I think I would be happy/happier, but the results are just doing my head in.

The football we are playing is great, but ................................

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No - the invalid argument is assuming that Hughton would have continued to play so-called 'hoofball' with newer players (he didn't in the Championship). Neither you nor I have any idea who Hughton would have signed if still Brighton manager and what he would have done with them.

And I notice that you didn't comment in the reality that Potterball would have seen the club relegated if implemented straight after promotion.

indeed, it's almost as if tony bloom has a plan

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
See, that's how you see it. But to many others on NSC, you're tedious and self-important. At best..

To you old boy. And a few others who dislike me perhaps. If you’re not a dullard without thought provoking opinions you’ll get some people who dislike you. That’s ok.

But this poll, I’m sorry, I think is a bit silly. Especially on the back of 3 defeats.

It’s like going into a Liverpool forum saying “hey lads, I’ve great idea for a poll. How much are you enjoying this season?”. Sure fill your boots if you want to make polls, but if people laugh about it you can’t be offended.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
As much as the games that we should have won/drawn/shouldn't have lost are immensely frustrating I still look forward with gusto to watching every single game we play because I am an Albion fan. I love it, win, lose or draw.

I would be devastated if we got relegated, especially as a team who appear to be "too good to go down" but I'll carry on supporting regardless of which division we are in.

Who knows if the goals will start flowing and save us from the championship? Two good finishes like yesterday (even though one was disallowed) in each of the remaining games would see us safe and that's all I care about right now.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The football is, at times, a joy to watch. The results less so unfortunately:(

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
As much as the games that we should have won/drawn/shouldn't have lost are immensely frustrating I still look forward with gusto to watching every single game we play because I am an Albion fan. I love it, win, lose or draw.

I would be devastated if we got relegated, especially as a team who appear to be "too good to go down" but I'll carry on supporting regardless of which division we are in.

Who knows if the goals will start flowing and save us from the championship? Two good finishes like yesterday (even though one was disallowed) in each of the remaining games would see us safe and that's all I care about right now.

You Sir are a true supporter.......thru thick & thin, better or worse.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To you old boy. And a few others who dislike me perhaps. If you’re not a dullard without thought provoking opinions you’ll get some people who dislike you. That’s ok.

But this poll, I’m sorry, I think is a bit silly. Especially on the back of 3 defeats.

It’s like going into a Liverpool forum saying “hey lads, I’ve great idea for a poll. How much are you enjoying this season?”. Sure fill your boots if you want to make polls, but if people laugh about it you can’t be offended.

AGAIN, you're reviewing other users' threads and posts. You just can't help yourself.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This is fair comment.

Personally I was relieved to see CH replaced.

But his brand of football from Jan15 to Easter 17 was a winning thing of beauty. History rewritten at times on NSC that it was dire, counter attack fare.

Proving that CH had in his skill set attractive football. With quality players for the division.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
There are lots of things `i dislike about this season.
VAR
No crowds
The frustrating way we are playing
Too much footy on the tele
Pundits who cant think (Or research) for themselves and just regurgitates the same shit about us.

I think we play some great football at times and that just keeps me from saying "not at all".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t believe that some people have said we’ve been really good this season and haven’t had the rub of the green.

Utter tosh.

Just 5 wins and that’s all we’ve deserved.

Football points and results aren’t awarded for playing a nice passing game for long passages of play in games. Defence, 100% concentration for 90 minutes, game management, scoring ugly goals, nicking unlikely wins with goals on the counter .... are all very much part of the football. We’re lacking in some of those facets.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
i don't think I've ever enjoyed a season where we flirt with relegation - how can you ?

There have been 5 results this season which i have enjoyed.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
You and others are being incredibly obtuse.

The philosophy quite clearly is to play football the right way, like the biggest and best do, and bring through young players in our academy accordingly.

When does it all pay off? It's paying off already - see Sanchez, White, Mac Allister, Lamptey and more top young talent coming through all the time.

In terms of when will it pay off and see ourselves move up the league? Well with this philosophy, it is only a matter of time. Our young players will get better all the time. They are at the right club, with the right managfer and playing the right type of football. We could well be in another relegation battle next year, or maybe not. Regardless, we will improve all the time. Our squad will get better all the time. Within 5 years we will be top 10, mark my words.

Patience is key. I know it's wearing thin at the moment given the frustrating results we've had... but it's important to remain mindful of what we are doing at this football club. What Potter has done. It is remarkable. It is the right way to do things. And it will pay off over time, possibly for many years, or decades, to come.

This is a genuine question; do you think Potter is the only manager in the world that could get us playing decent football, giving some minutes to some academy players and being 17th in the table?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Of course not, but we struck gold with Potter. If we lost him, of course we could strike gold again with another top young manager.

Unfortunately we aren't of the reputation to appeal to tried and tested top class managers. So it would always be a gamble whoever we would go for.

We could end up with another Hyypia. Or even go for someone like Gerrard who could be a total flop in the Premier League despite his success at Rangers.

We're lucky that we do have Potter and he's on a lengthy contract.

And can you help me understand what the 'gold' with Potter is? What is it about him that is unique or we wouldn't be able to get with another manager?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course not, but we struck gold with Potter. If we lost him, of course we could strike gold again with another top young manager.

Unfortunately we aren't of the reputation to appeal to tried and tested top class managers. So it would always be a gamble whoever we would go for.

We could end up with another Hyypia. Or even go for someone like Gerrard who could be a total flop in the Premier League despite his success at Rangers.

We're lucky that we do have Potter and he's on a lengthy contract.

I like GP and I’m willing him to succeed.

But I wouldn’t say that we’ve “struck gold”. Not yet by a long chalk. A very mixed bag so far, 22 months into the project we’re losing with great regularity, we’re perched on a relegation precipice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports