Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
By far the most frustration i've ever felt.

Been following for 35 years and I reckon 6 or more of the top 10 frustrating games have been this season.

But I feel as though i've got a team I can be proud of. Despite the results, I love watching, Dunky, Veltman, Lamptey, Bissouma, Gross, MacAllister. (I'm sure I could add to that list) Brilliant players to watch

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've been thinking today that I may not watch the rest of the season. Obviously the poor results (and the frustrating manner of them) and the prospect of relegation are definitely part of it, but it's more about having to watch the games indoors alone.

Having to negotiate having the living room and TV twice a week, being constantly interrupted by young kids with cabin fever, going through the emotion mill and then having to turn the TV off at full time and immediately return to being a normal husband/parent. The last three games have just put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day/evening - whereas watching a game live, or even just down the pub, doesn't do this. Even the wins like Spurs and Liverpool, great though they were, weren't amazing experiences. I could just as happily have checked the score at full time and been as pleased.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not at all, because we are not good enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I enjoyed it a lot up to the Palace game.

After Benteke's goal... not so much.

My nadir was actually going to the games in December, they were two such useless performances that you just couldn’t help looking at the faces of all the other fans grimly filing out of the stadium and catching snippets of conversations to know that no one was enjoying it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Very little but I certainly don't lose any sleep over it, or even spend much time thinking about. The football is what it is but I have decent work and a lovely happy family, so my main concerns are taken care of.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Frustrating innit.

We are clearly better than our results suggest. We can see something really special in flashes that could really shoot us up the table. It continually feels like we are on the cusp of something incredible.

I just hope it is worth the wait.

Largely I am trusting in Tony and the gang to make the right decisions with way way way more information than we have.

Tony is currently saying "wait people and have faith in what is to come"

Well either that or he is saying "We can't find anything better at the moment?" :lolol::lolol:

Anyway. I think what we need is another thread railroaded into the Potter in/out discussion.

In. (Happy to wait Tone).

Oh and I voted "very little" but a few weeks ago it would have been much more enjoyable. Changes dunnit!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I went through a phase of being in a foul mood after the latest game we let slip through our fingers.
I’m through that now .
It’s not worth believing, or putting faith in this team
They try their best but the they are not very good.
If we go down, I look forward to winning a few games in the champ.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Yes, enjoying it in the main, football
Is the best I have seen, frustrating in parts, mistakes have been made, but this is football, entertainment, drama. As said many times, if someone told me after walking out of Hereford that we would be beating Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool in a month, have a 30,000 plus stadium, state of the art academy, then I would have had them
Sectioned. Enjoy the ride, could be a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There you go again with those pesky facts...!

As for the fotball, if I'm really really honest, with everything that is going on in the world at the moment, couldn't care less - never thought I would say it, but it is after all, only a game!

Also, not patronising you :smile:, health scares and health fights, give a perspective to life and living.

Don’t let football get you down.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Also, not patronising you :smile:, health scares and health fights, give a perspective to life and living.

Don’t let football get you down.
I've supported Brighton for too long to let it get me down. If we were playing absolute dogshit like we were towards the end under Chris Hughton then I might be a bit more depressed.

This time I think we're giving it a good go, as the stats prove, but just don't have all the personnel to carry it off ..

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
For some reason it was more fun watching us be crap in the 3rd division than watching us be crap in the premier league.

We can all sit back, have a chuckle and say "classic Brighton" when we repeatedly miss open goals or fluff two penalties in one game, but Christ almighty it's becoming very dull watching the same scenario play out week after week. The style of play is better and more entertaining than when we first went up, but the end result remains the same.

I know I'm in the minority, but I would prefer us to be bouncing around the playoffs in the Championship and have that excitement, rather than dining out on beating Spurs or Liverpool for months while we lose to West Brom etc on the reg.

We don't have the cash other teams have and that won't change unless someone comes in and wants to turn us into the next Man City. We are developing youth, which is wonderful, who we will eventually sell off at a massive profit because they need to take the next step in their careers. What we do with that money will determine how our own next step looks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here