Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I suspect after we beat Liverpool and Spurs people were enjoying that immensely. I enjoy the fact that I can pretty much watch every game. I like our style of play and even yesterday could have been 2:0 up at HT. the manner in which we’ve lost the last three games and the fact we are now properly in a relegation scrap is not enjoyable in the slightest. Overall Ok.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
- Young, English manager
- Already succeeded with turning young talent into established Premier League players
- Created a culture of positive, progressive football
- Formidable defensive record compared to rivals
- Great possession and xG statistics, amongst others
- Achieved the above with a minimal budget

We would be extremely lucky to find another manager who could match even some of those achievements. We could bring in a Hughton or Allardyce who could keep us up, but we would lose everything we have gained with Potter.

You make some valid points and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. However;

- it's nice that he's English but is that important?
- which players are these?
- pretty football but no substance
- concede at bad times
- can't convert the chances we make
- broke our transfer record

Why does the alternative have to be an Allardyce type? I think there are a fair few managers who tick most of your boxes e.g Thomas Frank, Steve Cooper, Eddie Howe, Valérien Ismaël, Nathan Jones

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes this is a discussion forum. If you make a post or a poll people will respond to it.

That’s how it works.

I've been on NSC for a quarter of a century, but thanks for the steer on how discusson forums work.

If you don't agree with someone's opinion, that's fine - but maybe try and limit it to a single response or, you know, people might think you're a self-important, pompous prat or something.

But, also, don't try to tell others what they can and can't f*cking write on NSC.

If you don't like a thread on here, that's fine - but, you know, maybe just ignore it?

No-one is looking for your approval. No-one needs your permission to post. So wind your neck in yeah?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I love it when we win, the losses are like a body blow.....unfortunately the wins have been few and far between.

Even the wins have been stressful, to be honest it’s not been much fun. I’m hopeful we’ll stay up, I like GP.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Yes this is a discussion forum. If you make a post or a poll people will respond to it.

That’s how it works.

I've been on NSC for a quarter of a century, but thanks for the steer on how discusson forums work.

If you don't agree with someone's opinion, that's fine - but maybe try and limit it to a single response or, you know, people might think you're a self-important, pompous prat or something.

But, also, don't try to tell others what they can and can't f*cking write on NSC.

If you don't like a thread on here, that's fine - but, you know, maybe just ignore it?

No-one is looking for your approval. No-one needs your permission to post. So wind your neck in yeah?

giphy.gif

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I did. All I said was this:

I mean.. who’s going to say yes?

Am sure most of us quite fed up with the season right now. Seems a bit obvious to me.

And you came back with the personal attack.

No-one has told you what you can or can’t write. But as per my previous comment, this is a discussion forum. People will respond. That’s how it works.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You make some valid points and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. However;

- it's nice that he's English but is that important?
- which players are these?
- pretty football but no substance
- concede at bad times
- can't convert the chances we make
- broke our transfer record

Why does the alternative have to be an Allardyce type? I think there are a fair few managers who tick most of your boxes e.g Thomas Frank, Steve Cooper, Eddie Howe, Valérien Ismaël, Nathan Jones

Hasn’t Potter spent about £90m in 2 seasons?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I did. All I said was this:

And you came back with the personal attack.

No-one has told you what you can or can’t write. But as per my previous comment, this is a discussion forum. People will respond. That’s how it works.

No, you’ve said…

I mean.. who’s going to say yes?
Am sure most of us quite fed up with the season right now. Seems a bit obvious to me.

Do you genuinely think someone is going to say “golly, I’m really enjoying this season”? On the back of a 3 game losing streak.
Honest question.

But this poll, I’m sorry, I think is a bit silly. Especially on the back of 3 defeats.

You're not giving your opinion on the topic raised in the poll/thread, as would be perfectly reasonable.

You're critiquing the poll/thread itself.

And you're doing this all over NSC, like you're some kind of editor.

Literally just spotted this one in another thread...

Another poll. Fantastic. More please.

Why should anyone care if YOU think there are too many polls? Or if the polls don't meet YOUR standards?

If you don't like a topic, just frigging stay out of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can’t believe that some people have said we’ve been really good this season and haven’t had the rub of the green.

Utter tosh.

Just 5 wins and that’s all we’ve deserved.

Football points and results aren’t awarded for playing a nice passing game for long passages of play in games. Defence, 100% concentration for 90 minutes, game management, scoring ugly goals, nicking unlikely wins with goals on the counter .... are all very much part of the football. We’re lacking in some of those facets.

But football is all about opinions. Fact.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why should anyone care if YOU think there are too many polls? Or if the polls don't meet YOUR standards?

If you don't like a topic, just frigging stay out of it.

You’re conveniently leaving out all your personal insults towards me I see.

After my one (slightly glib) post:

Funny that everything seems 'obvious' to you.

Maybe that's you're notoriously terrible at understanding anyone else's viewpoint - and spend all your time shooting them down?

So take your own advice, chill and ignore the comment then. Ignore me actually, I really don’t mind. But if you post things on here, people are liable to respond. Let’s leave it there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bloom sacked Hughton for putting the clubs PL status at risk, he then goes and gets someone worse in :facepalm: And before someone mentions Cardiff and Bournemouth we all enjoyed our first PL season and the majority of the second.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here are the first two posts made by people digging someone else out.

1.PNG
2.PNG

Rather a lot of huffing, puffing hypocrisy on this thread I feel. I even read an 'I was in Baghdad when you was in dad's bag' style comment above.

Weird. :shrug:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Hasn’t Potter spent about £90m in 2 seasons?

Yes. The minimal budget that has provided him:

Neil Maupay - Championship top scorer
Tariq Lamptey - Chelsea wonderkid
Adam Webster - £20m CB
Leandro Trossard - Belgian international
Joel Veltman - Champs league Semi finalist
Danny Wellbeck - Established Premier League striker £70k+ pw wages
Adam Lallana - Champions League winner - Allegedly top earner at club
Alexis Macallister - Argentinian international

Add to that the wealth of Acadamy talent that has matured, two Polish international U21s touted to be huge in the future and now the hottest young property in South American football. People are just making stuff up now to defend Potter.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Bloom sacked Hughton for putting the clubs PL status at risk, he then goes and gets someone worse in :facepalm: And before someone mentions Cardiff and Bournemouth we all enjoyed our first PL season and the majority of the second.

hughton will never succeed at the tricky transition phase between hanging on for a certain grim death, and mid-table medicrity; potter might!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here