Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't know why some people keep harping back to the team under Hughton. The team didn't play backs to the wall and still get walloped in the Championship. Is the football better now? - of course it is - it is a completely new team. We have no idea what Hughton would or would not have done with this squad of players. However, I would argue that if Potter was the manager when the club was promoted and he tried to play his brand of football with the players Hughton had available to him, then the club would (almost definitely) have been relegated in either of the first two seasons.

that's an invalid arguement as these players wouldn't have signed up for hughton hoofball

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I thought this thread was going to be a genuine question to gauge the present views of supporters. How come it has it degenerated so quickly into a bitch-fest? :shrug:

tenor.gif

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry, but that's a complete myth. We deployed a low block against some of the bigger teams some of the time in that season. We beat WBA 3-1 at home and attacked them regularly. We put three past West Ham. We pressed Man U to death in the game that confirmed survival, looking the better side throughout. I was at Old Trafford in November when we were desperately unlucky to lose to them, having matched them pass for pass. Two months later I was having a drink in Birmingham with some clients and one was a Man U box holder who complemented both our team and fans on that game. Swansea were battered 4-1. We had a VERY Potter-esque game against Stoke in mid week, drawing 2-2.

All that with the Championship promotion team, minus a few loans and with only Gross and Ryan added. Potter has FAR better resources at his disposal.

Edit - Propper, Sutner and Izquierdo added and playing too. Greyhound a sub.

we did go with the low block against cardiff at home tho', when it really mattered

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As any fule kno, them's the rools, H.

Let me rephrase, this time without the facetiousness. I though this thread was going to be a fishing expedition. Oh well. Never mind.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I do feel history has been rewritten about the Hughton era to suit the case for Potter doing an 'incredible' job at 'transforming' the club. The wheels only really fell off in the last 5 months or so.

As for the original question, absolutely hating it. There is an article in the Athletic today that sums it up perfectly. When we do win we are constantly told that 'at last we get the points our football deserves' but i struggle to see a team deserving to win if they don't score while giving away cheap goals.

Not a fan of armchair football, VAR or the 20-21 season at all. Yet, bizarrely, can't wait for the Euros if only to have a totally different side find new ways to frustrate the hell out of me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

the wheels came off as hughton tried to tweek his strategy, it would have been carnage without murray

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Nothing really, its becoming tiresome, same old, same old. It would be nice just being a safe mid table team but the constant threat of relegation week in week out is spoiling the enjoyment of being a Seagull supporter.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Not only week in week out, but year in year out. Every season starts and am optimistic. Come Christmas pessimism seems to hit in. Oh well, upwards and onwards.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Enjoying it a fair amount, seen almost every game on TV, best division in the world not likely to win many, not parking the bus and not looking like getting trashed. What's not to like :shrug:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Let me rephrase, this time without the facetiousness. I though this thread was going to be a fishing expedition. Oh well. Never mind.

I was genuinely - and I mean, genuinely - flabaghasted that anyone could say they were enjoying this season "immensely", so thought I'd poll NSC users.

I had zero intention of mentioning why I started the thread, until Vagabond stuck his nose in....

Do you genuinely think someone is going to say “golly, I’m really enjoying this season”? On the back of a 3 game losing streak.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yep your so right, Izquierdo hoofed it in the top right corner and Groß hoofed it in the left hand corner.

This was one of thirteen home wins under Hughton, Potter has cobbled together a poultry two but hey you crack on with your narrative, lovely football. :ffsparr:

certainly had our moments or we would have gone down, the downward trajectory would have done for us tho'

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Probably West Ham (on the pitch) should be our future model. The odd dud expensive signing (yup, looking at YOU Haller), but almost always a very astute blend of youth + experience on display

will uncle tone sign the checks tho?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
the wheels came off as hughton tried to tweek his strategy, it would have been carnage without murray

In my opinion the wheels came off for Hughton when the players stopped playing for him, after Ashworth arrived in February he was a dead man walking the board had their man in Potter.

Hughton's fate was sealed after some dreadful performances at the back end of that season, it played into Bloom's hands and made it easier for him to give Hughton the sack.

Interestingly the players were never blamed but under Potter they are constantly blamed, how it has all swung around.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Asking us the day after we lost is going to get predictable replies.
But the question was broader than our club form.
Taking everything into account, VAR, terrible referees , no fans allowed in and so many 8pm games lately. ... it is just not fun any more.

Roll on next season. If we were relegated, I would get over it . The Premiership is not what it is cracked up to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here