Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Out of interest, can anyone tell me why we’ve seen so little update of the ‘staying up tracker’ which people subscribe so loyally to?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I know this is heretical to some, but I enjoyed the first season in the PL under Hughton much more than anything that has happened since. Contrary to what people say, we actually played some very attractive football at times and I used to drive home (150 miles) in a reasonable mood on more than the odd occasion. Wins over W Ham(2), WBA, Everton, Man U, Swansea all spring to mind. I know there were also some pretty dreadful away performances, but every game won in that season seemed like a bonus.

I'm really grateful for the Covid situation in some ways. I couldn't imagine !'d want to keep on travelling down and back for games this season. I would probably be thinking of chucking in my season ticket now and saving myself £40 petrol every home game.

This, we have a 220 mile round trip every home game..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More than 90% of the seasons I have followed us. I love seeing the slick passing, the instant ball control, the clever link up play. Yes I am enjoying the football, if not the results, a fair amount. I remember when all our players were incapable of even controlling a ball first time.

I think some will tell you they preferred going to Gillingham every other week though. Different folk. Different strokes

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The only real positive for me is that as wins for us are as rare as Hens teeth, when they do come along I enjoy them far more.

This season alone I've probably re-watched our 3-0 win against Spurs from last season on 4 or 5 occasions.

Still trying to remain positive as 4 wins from our last 11 should still keep us up so not losing faith yet, although starting to get used to the rough with awful now.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I mean.. who’s going to say yes?

Am sure most of us quite fed up with the season right now. Seems a bit obvious to me.

Funny that everything seems 'obvious' to you.

Maybe that's you're notoriously terrible at understanding anyone else's viewpoint - and spend all your time shooting them down?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
:lolol: I'm not persecuting anybody. I do get frustrated by the dinosaurs who fail to see the bigger picture though.

The reason this season is so frustrating is because we have been so good all season, bar a few games, but with little to show for it. If we were utter shitehouse and fighting for our lives, we could enjoy the ride more... but we're not.

The dinosaurs calling for the managers head are idiots. If they got their way then we would surely go backwards next season - unless somehow we recruited another exceptional manager, which is very unlikely.

By calling people with a different opinion dinosaurs I assume that you believe anyone that is fed up with Potter must be old? Interesting, why is that? And why are they idiots because they don’t share your opinion?
We are where we are because we’re not good enough, for all the things we do right we have weaknesses, the opposition identify these easily. We do the same thing over and over again and are surprised (why?) and outraged when it all goes belly up.

Last edited:

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The season is frustrating because the team is not performing as they should given the resources that are available. All the passing, entertaining play is great to watch and then you get the result and it all seems a bit pointless (literally).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm enjoying seeing every match but starting to miss the crowds. So I just want it to be over.

It's a season to forget in many senses. Not an ordinary time. I'll be glad when it's over. I want Albion to stay up, but I'm not that worried if its Luton or Liverpool next season now.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Do you genuinely think someone is going to say “golly, I’m really enjoying this season”? On the back of a 3 game losing streak.

Honest question.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quite enjoying the sheer existential angst of the thing, in a perverse sort of way. Better to be ON the rollercoaster than off it IMHO (though mathematical safe with a couple of games to play would be nice also, has to be said)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I've said Immensely as I'm definitely enjoying it more than a fair amount but I feel I'm bucking the trend and perhaps a little deluded/ Glass half full.

1. For someone who can't get to many games, I'm able to watch every single minute.
2. I love what we're trying to do tactically and in the way we play. We are very well coached and as a tactics nerd, it's really interesting to see how teams adapt to us and how we adapt
3. I'm always surprised by something every game.
4. From where we started 18ish months ago, we are significantly improved
5. We give every single team in this division a game and something to think about.

Sure there are frustrations (and my opinions on these is well documented on here) but it is "only a game" and I'm revelling in us trying to go toe to toe with the big boys.

scooter1

How soon is now?
It’s been a hard watch this season, predominantly because the football has been good but the results haven’t. I said at the beginning of the season that I’d prefer we went down trying than suffered a re-run of the last season with Hughton, and I stand by that. However, when push comes to shove it doesn’t make it any easier.....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It just doesn't feel normal at the moment.
A few real highs but so many disappointing lows, last night's game had both down to a tee.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Frustrating , probably the most frustrating season I can remember, it’s got to a point where I can’t be bothered to watch on tv any more . You just know they are not going to win against any of the teams down at the bottom of the table , they can’t score more than 1 goal a game against any other team apart from Wolves .they are more likely to give away a late goal , The whole team finds in so incredibly hard to actually put the ball in the net ,
Potter has not got a clue how to get the team to win matches at home , Football is about putting the ball in the back of the net , and winning matches , not passing and not being able to put the ball past a keeper, I have never known a Brighton team shoot itself in the foot so often as this team does .
I think the team is very light weight , which is one of the reasons they do not win more matches , they will be very lucky to survive at this rate and if they are relegated I doubt very much they will be strong enough physically to cope with the Championship.

Have you looked at the Championship table recently?

Last year’s PL whipping boys, Norwich (packed with big strong bruisers, like Todd Cantwell, Max Aarons and Emi Buendia) are 10 points clear, and absolutely pissing it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Much better. This should have been your first answer.

Condescending, much?

Incredible given some of the competition, but you really are the most objectionable NSC user right now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sick of it

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To answer the original question, not at all. I know it was framed around our play but I can't stand not being at games and the lack of fans and over use of VAR has made the game completely soulless and removed the last vestiges of fun from something that's meant to be a leading leisure time activity for the working man and woman. This season would be shit if we were pissing the league by twenty points.

As we're obviously not that just makes it worse. We are extremely frustrating to watch. I sit on the sofa with my son and in my head I'm kicking the ball into the goal myself. West Brom just about finished off any interest I have in the season. Last night I watched because I'd had a few beers and there was nothing better on.

:lolol: I'm not persecuting anybody. I do get frustrated by the dinosaurs who fail to see the bigger picture though.

The reason this season is so frustrating is because we have been so good all season, bar a few games, but with little to show for it. If we were utter shitehouse and fighting for our lives, we could enjoy the ride more... but we're not.

The dinosaurs calling for the managers head are idiots. If they got their way then we would surely go backwards next season - unless somehow we recruited another exceptional manager, which is very unlikely.

Interesting use of the word dinosaurs. Swanny uses it for other managers. Palace, for instance with that old dinosaur Hodgson managing a club that have been in the Premier League for longer than us and who have finished above us in the regular season every single time without fail and will do so again. Dinosaurs like Dyche who took Burnley to Europe despite their limited crowds and crappy old ground. You, Vagabond and Swansman keep banging on about "long term plans" yet we've been in the Amex for 10 years, Poyet was tasked with bringing a common style across the age based teams and Oscar taken on to reinforce that. In that time we've seen Wolves and Leeds overtake us, Leicester who we played in a League One game win the league. When does it all pay off? Next season? The season after that? 2030? Or have we, in reality, hit Poyet's ceiling?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Condescending, much?

Incredible given some of the competition, but you really are the most objectionable NSC user right now.

Not really. I just call out silly arguments and give back as good as I get it. You cast the first stone.

If you throw an insult or are unpleasant towards someone you shouldn’t cry if they respond in kind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here