Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are YOU enjoying this season?

• Immensely

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 36 10.9%
  • It’s okay…

Votes: 52 15.8%
  • Very little

Votes: 166 50.3%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 69 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Massively. It would be an absolute disaster.

Thankfully it hasn't happened yet and God forbid it won't.

But you can appreciate it’s a very realistic danger. As the table stands we’re a single Fulham win from being out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Planning for the future and project ‘Big Picture’ is all well and good but failing to adequately prepare for the present could very well ruin things.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We will be seriously pissed off, can you imagine how TB will feel though?

Has it been a disaster for the three relegated last season?

Norwich and Watford seem to be bouncing back. Things are far from smooth at Plucky.

In terms of "long term" because, apparently, that's the ONLY way we're allowed to think :rolleyes: do you know how many promising youngsters opted for a PL club's academy rather than those three? How many name signings they missed out on.

Norwich have a financial model than means they support their Premier League squad even less than we do financially. Their long term plan seems to be to be a yoyo team and pick up the parachute payments.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As a sort of Albion exile, I can't figure out whether it's better or worse that I've been able to watch every single Albion game this season...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwich and Watford seem to be bouncing back. Things are far from smooth at Plucky.

In terms of "long term" because, apparently, that's the ONLY way we're allowed to think :rolleyes: do you know how many promising youngsters opted for a PL club's academy rather than those three? How many name signings they missed out on.

Norwich have a financial model than means they support their Premier League squad even less than we do financially. Their long term plan seems to be to be a yoyo team and pick up the parachute payments.

Even with the sales that would inevitably follow relegation don’t you think we’ll have enough to be competitive. Ignoring whether it will be under GP?

I do

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Sorry, but that's a complete myth. We deployed a low block against some of the bigger teams some of the time in that season. We beat WBA 3-1 at home and attacked them regularly. We put three past West Ham. We pressed Man U to death in the game that confirmed survival, looking the better side throughout. I was at Old Trafford in November when we were desperately unlucky to lose to them, having matched them pass for pass. Two months later I was having a drink in Birmingham with some clients and one was a Man U box holder who complemented both our team and fans on that game. Swansea were battered 4-1. We had a VERY Potter-esque game against Stoke in mid week, drawing 2-2.

All that with the Championship promotion team, minus a few loans and with only Gross and Ryan added. Potter has FAR better resources at his disposal.

Edit - Propper, Sutner and Izquierdo added and playing too. Greyhound a sub.
I do feel history has been rewritten about the Hughton era to suit the case for Potter doing an 'incredible' job at 'transforming' the club. The wheels only really fell off in the last 5 months or so.

As for the original question, absolutely hating it. There is an article in the Athletic today that sums it up perfectly. When we do win we are constantly told that 'at last we get the points our football deserves' but i struggle to see a team deserving to win if they don't score while giving away cheap goals.

Not a fan of armchair football, VAR or the 20-21 season at all. Yet, bizarrely, can't wait for the Euros if only to have a totally different side find new ways to frustrate the hell out of me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Love how we play. Think we have some wonderful players and others coming through the ranks - but hate that we can’t score.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Even with the sales that would inevitably follow relegation don’t you think we’ll have enough to be competitive. Ignoring whether it will be under GP?

I do

Yes. We'll have a very good Championship squad if we go down. But it won't be a very good Premier League squad. There will necessarily be an element of resetting. That can only put back "long term" by another year or two. Not that anyone has successfully explained what and when long term is.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
By calling people with a different opinion dinosaurs I assume that you believe anyone that is fed up with Potter must be old? Interesting, why is that? And why are they idiots because they don’t share your opinion?
We are where we are because we’re not good enough, for all the things we do right we have weaknesses, the opposition identify these easily. We do the same thing over and over again and are surprised (why?) and outraged when it all goes belly up.

realistically, we have two options, stick with potterball, or go back to the "dinosaur" hughton hoofball, so we have hobson's choice, trust in bloom

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
How much are you enjoying this season?

istockphoto-157585008-612x612.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It’s been a hard watch this season, predominantly because the football has been good but the results haven’t. I said at the beginning of the season that I’d prefer we went down trying than suffered a re-run of the last season with Hughton, and I stand by that. However, when push comes to shove it doesn’t make it any easier.....

with hughton, we would not have a chance the next level, mid-table mediocrity

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m ‘enjoying’ it a bit like finally being sick after drinking too much. It was fun to begin with, you know it’s your own fault for getting carried away but you know you’ll feel much better when it’s over.

And then once you've slept on it, you'll be fully fired up like it never happened. We go again! :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
See, that's how you see it. But to many others on NSC, you're tedious and self-important. At best.

Exhibit A: An olive branch to the Potter outs tonight

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...e-branch-to-the-Potter-outs-tonight&p=9722745

You got it locked, but it's still there for everyone to see.

Absolute classic right there.

- start arrogant thread
- bounce it with lots of "cheers lads" when it's going your way
- arrogance turning to defensiveness when a few people point out what it really is
- get thread locked

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
realistically, we have two options, stick with potterball, or go back to the "dinosaur" hughton hoofball, so we have hobson's choice, trust in bloom

Yep your so right, Izquierdo hoofed it in the top right corner and Groß hoofed it in the left hand corner.

This was one of thirteen home wins under Hughton, Potter has cobbled together a poultry two but hey you crack on with your narrative, lovely football. :ffsparr:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It's certainly remarkable that we're in potentially a worse position than Hughton managed with a Championship quality squad in his first PL season.

that couldn't have gone on longer than it did tho', "suicide hoofball",

the norwich fans did tell us

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hating it as we should be doing better. It's ok for Swanny boy to keep backing his manager but something has to change. We run out of steam in the last 20 minutes of every game, the ones we've won have been a hanging on result.

Potter and his fan doesn't understand how supporters view their club, the passion he doesn't get it. The passive way he conducts himself shows on the pitch. A number of the players are taking the money and not putting doing it on the pitch.

And on that note I don't need telling how I feel for he and his fan don't know me and my feelings towards my club. A club neither would have given two hoots about two years ago.

Every game the emotion just drains away ending in a real anger at the ineptitude of the players and indeed more so the management to alter it.

I think my mental state would actually prefer us to be bottom and resigned to relegation.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’ve not enjoyed a season less than this since Sami Hyppia. Before that you’d probably have to go back to Micky Adams part 2.

Bar that little spell of beating Leeds, Liverpool and Spurs it has felt like constant misery of missed chances, terrible mistakes, poor subs, and poor game management. I really don’t look forward to us playing at all at the moment.

Everyone banging on about how much better things were than under Hughton is peddling fraud. Even in his last season up to Xmas things were ok and it was the four months after it got grim. Now as I’ve said it was probably time to move Chris on but we’ve now endured pretty much two seasons of Potter and for one and a half of those have barely won any football matches. It’s been awful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought this thread was going to be a genuine question to gauge the present views of supporters. How come it has it degenerated so quickly into a bitch-fest? :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
that couldn't have gone on longer than it did tho', "suicide hoofball",

the norwich fans did tell us

Probably West Ham (on the pitch) should be our future model. The odd dud expensive signing (yup, looking at YOU Haller), but almost always a very astute blend of youth + experience on display

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here