Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long has Poyet got as manager at BHA?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-in-m-007.jpg

Get 'im in

Yes please.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Also people talk about giving managers time because need to recruit players and work in tactics etc which any sensible fan will agree with. If Albion were to get rid of Poyet then no one could accuse him of not allowing him sufficient time to put a first team together; nor time to put it right. He's certainly given loads more time than most and whilst I want Gus to stay, if his Jan dealings aren't successful and the team starts playing better then Bloom should probably start looking at potential replacements.

Yes I know better 1st hand than 22k+ do in the crowd how bad past albion's teams have been but this side is just boring to watch at the moment. We know we can't shoot, rarely score goals and draws are almost a given. Very predictable in other words and not exciting or entertaining and thats the facts of the matter for a while now. Stunning crowds in this context

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
We have been poor for over a year now, it is not a rollercoaster, just a helta-skelta with the only way down.
OK like I said hopefully I will be bouncing, I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. Not directed at you but there are far too many 2012 registered people on this board that give the negative feeling towards out current position when you know the people that mtter are the ones thta have been through a few 'rocky times' if you know what I mean. Its easy to be along for the ride for two seasons and to start slagging it all off, move along please there is still a season ticket waiting list and these two or three seasons are great way of filtering out the people we don't need. I think we will be in the Championship for at least 10 years with a hardocr 20k and that will suit most of us just fine.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Gus is still pulling Bloom's strings and I don't think Bloom will get shot of him in the near future - there would be too many hangers on needing a pay off. Gus and Tanno are on a million a year plus between them and their payoff alone would be considerable.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The big thing for me is, when Gus got us promoted, we were playing good exciting football, that was a pleasure to watch.
This season apart from a few games, it's been largely shit, boring football with very little to get excited about. I wouldn't mind mid table if we were watching an entertaining game, but it's the exact opposite.
Thanks for the memories Gus but unless you pull something big out of the bag in January, I think it may be time for you to "go home".

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Another home defeat. Only beaten the bottom 4 teams. Create little. Time for him to go Bloom.

As long as he wants, when will people learn that the constant hire and fire attitude doesn't work.

We could be in this league for another 5 years, another 10. I don't know. I'm happy and I am happy with him. Clubs need to build.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The big thing for me is, when Gus got us promoted, we were playing good exciting football, that was a pleasure to watch.
This season apart from a few games, it's been largely shit, boring football with very little to get excited about. I wouldn't mind mid table if we were watching an entertaining game, but it's the exact opposite.
Thanks for the memories Gus but unless you pull something big out of the bag in January, I think it may be time for you to "go home".

Good point.
We rarely score, and rarely win;
And the play is awful too.

Amazing how the Amex crowds are holding up.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
As long as he wants, when will people learn that the constant hire and fire attitude doesn't work.

We could be in this league for another 5 years, another 10. I don't know. I'm happy and I am happy with him. Clubs need to build.

If things don't change soon we will be in another league - LEAGUE 1, we are showing relegation form, and have been for weeks.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Gus is still pulling Bloom's strings and I don't think Bloom will get shot of him in the near future - there would be too many hangers on needing a pay off. Gus and Tanno are on a million a year plus between them and their payoff alone would be considerable.

Lets see what Bloom thinks when he sees the new setion of the staduim built and are left empty as fans are not buying tickets. will bloom stand by and allow crowds to dwinddle costing him hundreds of thousands. Dont think so.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
OK like I said hopefully I will be bouncing, I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. Not directed at you but there are far too many 2012 registered people on this board that give the negative feeling towards out current position when you know the people that mtter are the ones thta have been through a few 'rocky times' if you know what I mean. Its easy to be along for the ride for two seasons and to start slagging it all off, move along please there is still a season ticket waiting list and these two or three seasons are great way of filtering out the people we don't need. I think we will be in the Championship for at least 10 years with a hardocr 20k and that will suit most of us just fine.

Sorry but with a Life expectancy of 72 yrs of which i didnt follow the club before i was ten,we've been homeless 14years of it and archer wasted the best years of my football supporting years eg pre marriage, when i had money to spunk, no dependencies etc I for one just want us to get on with winning and I'm not settling for 10years in the championship! a northern businessman f***ed our club good and proper and set it back decades so we need to make up fast for lost time. My reason? Because we're all dying!!! And whilst I hope our fans are enjoying a good cup run in 2045 etc, chances are I won't be one of them! So start playing some winning and exciting football Gus!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Good point.
We rarely score, and rarely win;
And the play is awful too.

Amazing how the Amex crowds are holding up.

I'd be very surprised if attendances don't start to suffer soon! it's worth repeating but we have won just 3 out of our last 17 games, 2 of those against teams currently in the bottom 3 and the other against a decidedly below average huddersfield, that is shocking form however you want to paint it and clearly poyets tactics and team selections are not getting us results. we have not improved since last season despite some seemingly high profile positive signings many of whom have simply failed to deliver. next up is a resurgent Ipswich who have won 5 of their last 7 and lost just 1 and frankly I can see us getting stuff all on our current form, after that Newcastle - God help us!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
what a rubbish thread, time for him to learn like any other manager and try something new. New year we can write off the first half.

ha ha ha ha !!!! Jesus H what planet are you from ???

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I think it's time to go but say he's given a couple more months to turn it all round?
He could well go out and waste a load of money on Harley/billy paynter esque types players on 3 year contracts?
We could be stuck with more shite for years to come.
Go now poyet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here