Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long has Poyet got as manager at BHA?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
because he is our manager and we need to support him until the club makes the decision for him to go. He has done wonders for us and unless there is someone who could feasibly replace him to do the job we should stick with him, swapping half way tends to have bad repercussions.

Would you have supported Steve Kean?

I think this is a fallacious argument, I support Brighton & Hove Albion, I think the interests of the club come before the support of individual. There is now a serious concern that he won't take us any further.

Why on Earth shouldn't we be considering a removal of someone that could be damaging the club in the long term?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
what a rubbish thread, time for him to learn like any other manager and try something new. New year we can write off the first half.

He has had over a year to 'learn and try something new' We are in exactly the same situation as this time last year, and would actually say we are a weaker, more toothless team.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Blind follower?
He previously did wonders for us in League One and the first half of last season.

There is nothing more Gus Poyet can do for us.

I see so many fickle Brighton fans that it makes me ashamed often to be a fan of the same club. Yes he is making mistakes however he should be given time to fix it, and half a disappointing season in the top half of the championship is not a massive job sacking failure, we have a larger plan at this club don't we? I think we should give him till the summer because the summer can act as a much more successful transition period if he were to be replaced.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
That Vydra has some pace on him. ?

Yep, He totally raped El-Abd on that 3rd goal. Who some moron on here called him Phenomenal.

Phenomenally shit, and lucky to stay on the pitch. Thug type defenders not needed higher up the leagues.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Personally would love to see him at Albion. Has great close control and and put the ball away

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Would you have supported Steve Kean?

I think this is a fallacious argument, I support Brighton & Hove Albion, I think the interests of the club come before the support of individual. There is now a serious concern that he won't take us any further.

Why on Earth shouldn't we be considering a removal of someone that could be damaging the club in the long term?

Yes i would have supported steve kean, he was in third when he was removed and in comparison to there current position was doing a good job, seems like a pretty useless counter argument.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We need a manager with experience in this league and what it takes to get out of it. We also need a manager who can look at the opposition in front of us and formulate the best way to play them. I am not a fan of this one shoe fits all football that Gus is trying to play. We are 10th, however our form at the moment is bottom of the table and I can see us being dragged down the table if we do not make changes.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I think there's a small chance this game could be his last, only if Bloom is ready to pay the remaining wages.

Never won coming from behind at the Amex.
Repeatedly playing a weak formation including only 1 up front.
3 wins out of 17 is it?
I doubt Bloom trusts Gus with his cheque-book either.

Thats interesting, so the first league game at the Amex doesn't count then

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
He has had over a year to 'learn and try something new' We are in exactly the same situation as this time last year, and would actually say we are a weaker, more toothless team.

Teams have up and downs when they have long term plans, i didn't realise we were suddenly a team that should be unquestionably sitting in automatic promotion places? yes this half has been disappointing but i believe this is a dip that could be rectified with new funds in january.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
For the first time I am beginning to believe that Poyet is not the answer. Watford were just different class tonight, actually better players. As the commentary went "Plenty of endeavour no end product" from Brighton.

It is becoming serious with the defence now looking very vulnerable and no goals at the other end. There is a chance of complete free fall from here.

The main problem is the length of Poyet's contract. Doubt that Bloom will want to invest a large six figure sum.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I see so many fickle Brighton fans that it makes me ashamed often to be a fan of the same club. Yes he is making mistakes however he should be given time to fix it, and half a disappointing season in the top half of the championship is not a massive job sacking failure, we have a larger plan at this club don't we? I think we should give him till the summer because the summer can act as a much more successful transition period if he were to be replaced.

The plan would be to build on our success, and keep moving the team forward. Somebody needs to tell our defence to stop playing the ball sideways and backwards then. The club has a plan and only they will know if Gus is on target. As a fan, I am finding it hard to see where we are going. We play slow football, get caught on the counter and are always playing catch up. 7draws in 11games is not good enough

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Another home defeat. Only beaten the bottom 4 teams. Create little. Time for him to go Bloom.
Spoken as a NSC 2011 registered supporter.
We always come back to perspective when we go through these bad runs and I still have to remind myself of how far we've come. Watford were a decent side and their results against the top teams prove that and their recent run is amazing.
Chill out guys, Brighton are in this for the long run, we are building and we are not about making knee jerk decisions. Look at the teams sacking mangers this week? What a joke, we need to stick with Gus, things aren't perfect, things are not great at the moment, we will lose more games but its the long haul surely. Watford have a team full of loan players from Italy. Do you want to swap? Not me. We need to keep the faith with Gus, he will get some players in and I'm sure we will turn it around. A couple of results we are back in the play offs and that aint a bad place to be is it?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We always come back to perspective when we go through these bad runs and I still have to remind myself of how far we've come. Watford were a decent side and their results against the top teams prove that and their recent run is amazing.
Chill out guys, Brighton are in this for the long run, we are building and we are not about making knee jerk decisions. Look at the teams sacking mangers this week? What a joke, we need to stick with Gus, things aren't perfect, things are not great at the moment, we will lose more games but its the long haul surely. Watford have a team full of loan players from Italy. Do you want to swap? Not me. We need to keep the faith with Gus, he will get some players in and I'm sure we will turn it around. A couple of results we are back in the play offs and that aint a bad place to be is it?

What a load of bollox! Poyet bores us to death, and no results. The JCL is 100% correct!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

What a load of bollox! Poyet bores us to death, and no results. The JCL is 100% correct!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here