Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long has Poyet got as manager at BHA?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The team looks boring, lacklustre and disinterested. We are very predictable and one dimensional, I am starting to think we need someone with fresh ideas.

I don't want to sack him yet but we are very much this and one of the reasons I'm not going to the cup match. We are boringly predictable without plan b. For £40 plus same again in transport I can't justify it.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Teams have up and downs when they have long term plans, i didn't realise we were suddenly a team that should be unquestionably sitting in automatic promotion places? yes this half has been disappointing but i believe this is a dip that could be rectified with new funds in january.

We have blatent problems with the team that just aren't improving. We cannot score from crosses, we cannot score from corners, we cannot score from headers.

The whole team is all over the place, playing with little confidence or conviction. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS! IT IS NOT IMPROVING!

He lets the best striker we have had since Zamora go on a free to our biggest rivals. Sells our best players. Spends nearly 3 mil on an average player and makes complete dogshit signings in the summer.

Something needs to change and the buck stops with the manager.

Real talk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
To be fair we have only been in this league for 5 mins and too many people expect success overnight. I don't think he should go.

Like a few people have said, we have a plan to get into the PL. I for one will be happy to be playing in this league for the next few seasons whilst our club grows.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Clueless goodbye

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Spoken as a NSC 2011 registered supporter.
We always come back to perspective when we go through these bad runs and I still have to remind myself of how far we've come. Watford were a decent side and their results against the top teams prove that and their recent run is amazing.
Chill out guys, Brighton are in this for the long run, we are building and we are not about making knee jerk decisions. Look at the teams sacking mangers this week? What a joke, we need to stick with Gus, things aren't perfect, things are not great at the moment, we will lose more games but its the long haul surely. Watford have a team full of loan players from Italy. Do you want to swap? Not me. We need to keep the faith with Gus, he will get some players in and I'm sure we will turn it around. A couple of results we are back in the play offs and that aint a bad place to be is it?

So if you've registered in the past couple of years, you are a JCL...? What if you didn't have a computer beforehand? Or what if you were just monitoring NSC as a non-member? And are you the guy sitting next to me on the 19.29 train to Southampton who is also on NSC on his phone...?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
What a load of bollox! Poyet bores us to death, and no results. The JCL is 100% correct!
Thanks for you insight and input, not sure what your point is? Do you want a change of manager? I think we are still on the right track. Perhaps we haven't made much ground from a year ago but 'i would still be happy with a 10th place finish, surely anyone with a slight bit of intelligence would agree? Two season in the championship in front of 20k fans every week is still dream land to me. Sometimes its frustrating but ultimately I'm an Albion fan comfotable in the fact we are heading in the right direction. I don't want hire and fire footy at the Albion. Stick with the manger, back the manager, grow with the manager and we will create something that is the long lasting, that has foundations, that has a chance of suriving the future!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have to say I am leaning towards the Poyet out side at the moment.
That was a match played with the wrong formation, tactics, and absolutely no passion
by the players.
Massive hole between defence and midfield which allowed Vydra to run where he wanted.
The formation was questionable playing one up front at home very defensive !
and not one shot from outside the penalty area except a couple of free kicks.
Tippy tappy let's walk it in the net crap.
Free flowing good football doesn't have to be played like that.
OUT: Dobbie, Crofts, Hammond, Harley, CMS, Greer, El-Abd,
Lopez, Hoskins, Barnes Dicker, Sparrow, Vicente ???

IN: f*** knows yet !

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Thanks for you insight and input, not sure what your point is? Do you want a change of manager? I think we are still on the right track. Perhaps we haven't made much ground from a year ago but 'i would still be happy with a 10th place finish, surely anyone with a slight bit of intelligence would agree? Two season in the championship in front of 20k fans every week is still dream land to me. Sometimes its frustrating but ultimately I'm an Albion fan comfotable in the fact we are heading in the right direction. I don't want hire and fire footy at the Albion. Stick with the manger, back the manager, grow with the manager and we will create something that is the long lasting, that has foundations, that has a chance of suriving the future!!!

Sorry, my point is that Poyet does not have a clue how to take us any further.

Nearly every signing he brings in is utter gash, and we play the type of football that only rivals watching paint dry as a spectical.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Gus Poyet will be the manager of Brighton when we play ipswich on new years day.

No idea about newcastle though

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My sincere apologies, apart from the very first league match, we've failed to win coming from behind in the league.

Does that really make it any better?!

You're mistaken on this, and you're mistaken on other things.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yep, He totally raped El-Abd on that 3rd goal. Who some moron on here called him Phenomenal.

Phenomenally shit, and lucky to stay on the pitch. Thug type defenders not needed higher up the leagues.

He has been one of our better players this year. Not a good game agrred but he is not phenomenally shit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Camaraderie. After a run of the mill away win at a boring mid table team, Zola, his assistants and entire squad spent a few minutes with their fans at the away end.

After rare away wins, do Gus and team do the same for just as long?

My point is, that just like Millwall and dare I say CP, on and off the field there is a visible and tangible togetherness from the entire playing and management team. As pointed out on Sky, they hunt in packs when not in possession, and attack with elegance.

The Albion by and large from:
Late Sept 2011 to May 2012; and
Late Sept 2012 to Dec 2012
have something seriously lacking in their play. I'm now not so sure that spending even more cash on a target man will be the golden solution.

8 wins at his stage, and a shocking lack of goals, AGAIN, says it all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Worryingly, None of the reactions on this thread can be called knee jerk. This has been going on for a long time, especially in the context of the average life expectancy of a football mgr tenure. The problems have been plain to see for sometime now and if bloom does give Gus the Jan transfer window he simply has to make progress with his signings this time. Because we simply aren't going forward anymore and the new stadium momentum has seemingly stalled instead of projecting us on as it has done with some other teams, notably Hull. Nothing wrong with going up in quick succession, ask Norwich, hull, soton and even Crawley! Doesn't matter where we were, football is all about the present season!

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

OK, I see your point now. I disagree, hopefully I will be bouncing this in a couple of months but if your right then fair play. My point is when everyones dissapointed its easy to have these Poyet out threads but not many people have a good alternative. Come on stick with it, its a rollercoaster we're on, never smooth with the Albion but I'm enjoying the peaks more than the dips.............aren't we all??????????? Apart from the 2 blokes in H bloke WSU who will be asked to move seats next season :)

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Worryingly, None of the reactions on this thread can be called knee jerk. This has been going on for a long time, especially in the context of the average life expectancy of a football mgr tenure. The problems have been plain to see for sometime now and if bloom does give Gus the Jan transfer window he simply has to make progress with his signings this time. Because we simply aren't going forward anymore and the new stadium momentum has seemingly stalled instead of projecting us on as it has done with some other teams, notably Hull. Nothing wrong with going up in quick succession, ask Norwich, hull, soton and even Crawley! Doesn't matter where we were, football is all about the present season!

Completely agree, the writing has been on the wall for ages now and instead of improving on things we seem to be going in reverse

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

OK, I see your point now. I disagree, hopefully I will be bouncing this in a couple of months but if your right then fair play. My point is when everyones dissapointed its easy to have these Poyet out threads but not many people have a good alternative. Come on stick with it, its a rollercoaster we're on, never smooth with the Albion but I'm enjoying the peaks more than the dips.............aren't we all??????????? Apart from the 2 blokes in H bloke WSU who will be asked to move seats next season :)

We have been poor for over a year now, it is not a rollercoaster, just a helta-skelta with the only way down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here