Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How HUNGOVER are you?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I spend disproportionately more time and money in pubs in December. Can business owners really not come up with a budget that deals with seasonal fluctuations?
When most true locals are truly struggling to survive it's Christmas time that normally keeps them going over winter. Most pubs are quiet enough come January and February without people promoting the non use of them.

Don't know what you do but it's like a massive campaign deliberately aimed at hurting your business through no fault of your own. I doubt you would take to lightly to it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Feel pretty good. I have an amazing hangover cure but am unable to divulge on here due to legal reasons.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Not at all for me,though the state of one of my mates who missed his lift home last night and slept in a phonebox in Bracknell is questionable.Acting like that at 46:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I don't normally get hangovers, but today my head is pounding, didn't mix my drinks, stayed on white wine, although I must of sank at least 4 bottles !

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Didn't drink last night but have a persistent cold so sort of have a hangover equivalent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Horrendous.

I dunno if it's just me but I don't think a fry-up has ever helped a hangover. Myth.

True. The only cure I know is a day of regret, being grumpy and feeling sorry for myself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is not debatable. As stated, it dehydrates your brain.

Actually, caffeine and theobromine are duretics, so the body loses water and, via osmotic forces, so does the brain.

I have a shocking neurofen-resistant headache right now, but it may be just the start of a headcold. Pretty sure I was still ver ver drunk when I woke up this morning. Me and Mrs Tackle did tuck it away last night. And we had a great deal to drink as well. I’m doing dry January (again), largely to shed the six pounds of lard I somehow welded on to my gut over the holiday through prodigious grazing and guzzling. I did a precautionary ¾ of a dry November last year in anticipation of an endless cycle of largess in December. No idea if it helped, but it seemed to annoy a lot of people when I mentioned it, which amused me. Happy New Year from chilly Kent (not an anagram, it’s where I live).

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
First NY day for years that i am hangover free. This is thanks to having a 5 week old baby. We had soen friends round but I'd decided to let teh wife have a few drinks as 9 months of abstinence deserved it so i had 2 - 3 pints and that was it. Loving the fact i don't feel crap.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
A boring NYE in leads to a clear head for the blast to Brooklands today....wouldn't have wanted that with a screamer.....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Steady but non lethal drinking last night, got up today, lit the fire, step brothers cooked fry up, 5 hour game of Risk, roast topside of beef, film and wine in front of the fire. Clear head, good day. Can't complain.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Rolled back the years and drank my body weight in Hahn Superdry, outlasted 8 Aussie uni students and several french canadians. have felt like a 2 legged arthritic donkey since yesterday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here