Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How HUNGOVER are you?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Thought I'd lucked out last night. I went to a party while my wife looked after the kids. This morning, while the rest of the family sit happily watching television or laughing I have about a GRADE THREE hangover. Mercifully I had six hours sleep but that time seems to have just been used to turn a very nice night in to a ball of pain. I am two ibuprofen and a VERY strong cup of coffee in without any noticable difference other than that I might write to the writers of Dinosaur Train suggesting that they do one off a cliff. The same thing's happening to the telly when Dora the Feckn Explorer finds her cheery bi-lingual way on to the box in five minutes.

Calling my eyes pissholes in the snow would probably be complimentary and any minute now I will end up with a BUM like the Japanese FLAG. I am alternating between the ideas of never eating again and visiting a nearby Maccy Ds to order the whole menu washed down with two litres of Fat Coke.

Luckily I'm doing dry January so I will have 31 odd days to contemplate if I actually really will never drink again.

You?

I know this sounds a bit nonsensical but try it. Get some Fluticasone Propionate. Blow the old conk as hard as you possible are able. Spray your nasel passages with two to three sprays and breath in hard. If you get your nasel passages to allow free breathing this will do wonders for all the other items hurting in your head. I guarantee it will work. Even when you don't feel as if your nasel passages are stuffed full this will help any time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I started drinking when friends arrived around 1pm, yesterday lunchtime, which should have meant I was on the same express train to Hangoverville, arriving this morning.

As it is, I hit a tiredness wall around 10pm and limped over the midnight line dozing in my oversized Crumpler beanbag. I then went outside, annoyed the neighbours with some fireworks, before going to bed. For the first time ever my daughter, aged 12, went to bed later than me on NYE.

I awoke, without the need for child intervention, around 8:30 and feel completely fine.

Our guests have yet to surface so I can toss about on my laptop (not literally) guilt-free.

I contemplated doing the dry month thing but decided it's a stupid idea. I don't want to go to football and not drink, so I will restrict myself to 'event drinking', i.e. I'm out somewhere with people. I'll completely stop my casual supping at home for a while at least.

It's not often I'll bounce a thread to prove I'm wrong but I will just this once. I like the idea of "event drinking". I'm going to Charlton on Saturday and the idea I would deny myself one pint seems silly. Then I've got a business trip to Ireland followed by a home game with no child. Getting through that dry would test better men than me. Event drinking it is.

No I'm not p****d.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here