Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How HUNGOVER are you?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not at all despite mixing whisky with lots of wine and bubbles. Then again drank lots of water when went to bed around 3 and was up around 9 to do likewise and get on with day

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Thought I'd lucked out last night. I went to a party while my wife looked after the kids. This morning, while the rest of the family sit happily watching television or laughing I have about a GRADE THREE hangover. Mercifully I had six hours sleep but that time seems to have just been used to turn a very nice night in to a ball of pain. I am two ibuprofen and a VERY strong cup of coffee in without any noticable difference other than that I might write to the writers of Dinosaur Train suggesting that they do one off a cliff. The same thing's happening to the telly when Dora the Feckn Explorer finds her cheery bi-lingual way on to the box in five minutes.

Calling my eyes pissholes in the snow would probably be complimentary and any minute now I will end up with a BUM like the Japanese FLAG. I am alternating between the ideas of never eating again and visiting a nearby Maccy Ds to order the whole menu washed down with two litres of Fat Coke.

Luckily I'm doing dry January so I will have 31 odd days to contemplate if I actually really will never drink again.

You?
I you don't mind I'd rather not share such information. Thank you for asking.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Only about 4 out of 10, but had some paracetemol and just finishing breakfast, so feeling OK.
Stay off that strong coffee @ Guinness Boy when you've got a hangover. It dehydrates your brain, as does alcohol. What you want to do is rehydrate the brain, so drink water not coffee.
Happy New Year to all, and don't bother with that dry January.

This is debatable.

Do coffee and tea really dehydrate us?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm off to wash the smell of urine and god knows what from my body.
Looking after the grand daughter last night, I'd forgotten what a complete mess nappy wearing kids can be.
Will partake in an alcoholic fueled, footie, telly session this afternoon

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I'm off to wash the smell of urine and god knows what from my body.
Looking after the grand daughter last night, I'd forgotten what a complete mess nappy wearing kids can be.
Will partake in an alcoholic fueled, footie, telly session this afternoon
Please!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Zero. There are only four days of the year (illness aside) that I don't drink - St Patrick's Day and New Year's Eve as all the pubs are full of dickheads, plus Christmas Day and Boxing Day as I hate Christmas.

Off on a ten stop Lewes-Eastbourne pub crawl now though.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Fine, thanks for asking. Mind you, only a couple of glasses of prosecco last night with some Tesco 'Indian Snacks'. We know how to live.
#watchedJoolswenttobed

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Only about 4 out of 10, but had some paracetemol and just finishing breakfast, so feeling OK.
Stay off that strong coffee @ Guinness Boy when you've got a hangover. It dehydrates your brain, as does alcohol. What you want to do is rehydrate the brain, so drink water not coffee.
Happy New Year to all, and don't bother with that dry January.

Not sure I'd agree, caffeine withdrawal can give you a headache - last thing you want with a hangover. If you normally drink coffee, now's not the time to give up:drink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I felt fine today despite a monumental or mental combination of Port, beer and wine.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Saw the New Year in at the home of some Muslim friends house.

No alcohol on offer, so drank orange and mango juice all night.

First time of my adult life I haven't got a raging hangover on Jan 1st!

(I suspect the last too)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thankfully, I don't get hangovers and I surprised myself last night in that I can still do 8 or so pints of Harveys (didn't count) and remember everything.
A piece of Turkey pie at 2.30 was not really necessary, but went down well. Just heating up the rest now.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I spent most of Christmas Eve dry-heaving into the toilet so last night was a very restrained affair. Zero hangover... and I haven't had a drink since 23rd December, strangely enough.

It won't last.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Horrendous.

I dunno if it's just me but I don't think a fry-up has ever helped a hangover. Myth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here