Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How happy are you, overall, following the Albion?

How happy are you, overall, with the Albion?

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Love watching football at the Amex. There's been a few bad performances but given that we're playing in a decent 2nd tier of the league I don't expect that we only have to turn up to win matches. The experience as a whole is spot on and the football would have to be really shit to change that for me.

It could and has been much worse. I can see what Oscar is trying to do with the style of play and fully back TB, PB and DB being prudent with the purse strings. If that means I have to support a mid-table 2nd tier club until someone does some managerial alchemy then so be it.

Jan 30, 2008
This is pretty much the sort of thing I was talking about when Notters got a wet bum and decided he needed to make a poll about it. At no point have I said that myself or anyone else has or should be falling out of love with the Albion, simply that some people were disappointed with the transfer window activity. But your not allowed to say such things hence we have a public vote, brilliant.
CLOSED SHOP .............what a farce :hilton:
regards
DR

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Somewhere between the first and second options!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dissatisfied. Expected more investment in the squad. And a more attacking outlook from Oscar.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Bit disillusioned personally. Feel like my Albion mojo has deteriorated drastically this season. For no other reason than the negative tactics being served up week after week. We have been incredibly boring this season, that's the bottom line.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As an average over the 42 years... about 8 out of 10.

Really! I started watching the Albion in the mid 70's. There wasn't much to shout about through most of the 80s. The 90s had a few highs but mainly lows. The same with the 2000s. In the 2010's it's been more than ok, so far. But come on, it's a 5/10 at best!!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Pretty happy. Historically, Oscar is a born winner so I have faith he'll be doing as much as possible to win matches. He's had a season full of injuries and a lack of signings to deal with but he gets on with it without bitching. If, at the end of the season the team isn't gelling I'll re-assess my opinion. We've hit the 40 point mark in 28 games and relegation isn't a problem so the next 18 games will make or break our season, and I'll be there to enjoy it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A bit disappointed at the moment but if we win next week I will be loving it.

What me? Fickle Fan? Never!

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
We're in the top 10 of the second tier, playing in a fantastic stadium to sell out crowds.... could be a lot lot worse!

Agree. Going away for the first time in a long while to Vicarage Road yesterday made me realise how lucky we are with the stadium, facilities, crowd & atmosphere that we have at home. You couldn`t even get a beer in there or go for a leak without wading through piss! People moan about the Amex and the atmosphere but compared to yesterday, we have everything to be positive about.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This is like one of those Government surveys designed to get the ‘right’ answer rather than a poll of any value.

Am I happy with the Transfer window? No. We’ve lost 3 players who formed the spine of the L1 winning team and replaced them with 2 loanees / trialists (which effectively is what Rodriguez is) and one good prosecpt in Stephens. If the Assistant manager isn’t jumping for joy about our transfer activity, then he won’t be alone in the club. Will we reach the play offs? Long odds against. Then again, I never expected anything less after the summer we had. I’d argue there is a case for March / JFC / Ince to be given extended runs in the team rather than some panic loans and consolidate in the summer if they aren’t good enough in the managers opinion. That, though, is at odds with Bloom’s desire of top 6 this year. So which is it BHAFC, a push for the top 6 or a balancing of the books? because it seems we have incompatible aims between our financial and footballing ambitions. That’s what also made the window all the more disappointing – We get ourselves in a position to kick on and then just as quickly as we got momentum, it seems to have been lost.

Also, I’d look at where some of the criticism is coming from. Even some of the perceived level headed posters on here were describing us as dire yesterday (even Warren Aspinall) and declaring themselves disappointed with the outcome of the transfer window. Its not just the nutjobs and those who wouldn’t be happy if the AMEX had Free Beer, Free Pies and Free Strippers that are having a gentle moan.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Getting a bit frustrated as I see us going backwards at present.

I don't like OG's current tactics (yesterday being a prime example starting without any width); there's not enough passion on the pitch; our lack of goals is very worrying; OG's persistence with Spanish Dave is completely illogical.

My mood will change again, hopefully quickly, when I see a more attacking style of football, more goals, and some real desire to win from the players on the pitch.

Best describes my current feeling but as the OP Poll says "overall" I gave it the top vote as I'm sure this is just another in a long line over the years ... doesn't change how I feel about my support for the club/team.

Right now I am a bit pissed off as I suspect there's a few weird things going on behind the scenes that are impacting on our performances, and not just a lack of activity in the window

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm content, but i clicked on Other as i don't feel on a rollercoaster ride. I'm in a colourless teacup ride that's very comfortable and the music i hear is a Geri Halliwell Best Of that's littered for being merely 2 tracks long with some haunting Belarussian folk inserts and some early LL Cool J studio out-takes that catch him weeping half-drunkenly during I Need Love. The other customers in the variously grey-shaded mugs neither yelp nor scream with delight or disgruntlement unless in the company of their bairns or high on the affordable absinthes one's handed upon entry. I turn down the usage of the borrowable hairbrush when dismounting as little has changed and i am at a pace in which i can dodge the few flies, but nod in agreement that a satisfactory time was had and promise i'll return again on the off-chance that a vehicular mishap might happen and a Final Destination style catastrophe catches my attention and i leap for my life in avoidance of the very fast falling carnation pink painted balsa tea spoon that is toppling in my direction from the ride's unoiled fulcrum.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Not very happy after seeing us dominate the ball (2/3rds possession) at Watford but produce nothing up front against a team there to be beaten. But all will be forgotten on Saturday and after 2 otherwise tough away games it could be a super February inc a good chance of progressing to the qtr final of the FA cup.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It's a great ride, it's not going to be perfect. Depressed on Mondays after bad result, always optimistic on Fridays, you will never get great football all the time. They even moan at the top of the Premiership. Unfortunately Oscar's on a three year plan we are on a three match plan.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surely my happiness or unhappiness has very little to do with it. I follow the Albion and the world continues to revolve.

After all, even during the heights of success happiness levels can increase or decrease. Why want to be happy?

Imagine you're a Coventry supporter and you're told that in 10 years time you'll be in a new stadium, back in your home town, and seemingly a championship promotion candidate. You'd probably say you'd be ecstatic, but perhaps not. Once you have what you wanted, you want something more.

The Albion continue to not let me down as a football supporter. There are days I wish I had no attraction to the bloody game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Overall very happy. Slight disappointment with recent results but have enough perspective to see that's all it is. 5+ points from next 3 home games and suddenly we're back in the playoff hunt.

Five points will nowhere near get us back in the playoff hunt. We would about two points better off than we are now, still five behind. I think we need seven points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here