How happy are you, overall, following the Albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How happy are you, overall, with the Albion?

• Total voters

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Anyone seriously upset with the state of the club should walk away now - because they are being ridiculous. Great stadium and chairman - who also happens to be a real fan of the club - three competitive seasons in the Championship, no horrible debts and the best (hopefully) still to come. I'm also a fan of OG despite so much doom and gloom. The guy seems to have some self-respect and is focused purely on the team and its progression. I don't think we're quite strong enough for promotion this year (fairly obvious looking at the table) but I'm hopeful for next year. We've had a hideous run of injuries; how many clubs could absorb long term injuries to Ulloa, CMS, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Buckley and still be talking of the play-offs this year? To the NSC depressives out there - get real, or get out....
What a good post...well done young man..

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anyone seriously upset with the state of the club should walk away now - because they are being ridiculous. Great stadium and chairman - who also happens to be a real fan of the club - three competitive seasons in the Championship, no horrible debts and the best (hopefully) still to come. I'm also a fan of OG despite so much doom and gloom. The guy seems to have some self-respect and is focused purely on the team and its progression. I don't think we're quite strong enough for promotion this year (fairly obvious looking at the table) but I'm hopeful for next year. We've had a hideous run of injuries; how many clubs could absorb long term injuries to Ulloa, CMS, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Buckley and still be talking of the play-offs this year? To the NSC depressives out there - get real, or get out....
Good post, completely off topic but good post all the same.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Stadium - very happy
Club management - trust they have clubs best interest at heart
Pricing - disappointed that despite large crowds we've also seemingly lost control of costs since moving to Amex.

Football - in truth since first season in Championship I've often found quite a bit of football to far too ponderous. And this season quite erratic in terms of quality.

Overall I'd say I was very happy with clubs stability and future prospects but marginally disappointed by seeming inability to use players to max potential.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Can you imagine how boring it would be to be a fan of a club that is guaranteed to win things every year? I love the heart-ache because it only multiplies the elation when things actually go our way!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Other:
No problem with league position etc.
Slightly dissapointed by transfer window (especially as we have constantly been told this seasons budget was slightly bigger than last years and on top of that we sold £4m worth of players). However without knowing demands of targets etc it is hard to know why more signings were not made. I would rather we signed no-one and were financially sound than bow down to stupid wage demands.
Not happy with the boring football (all season not just the last 3 games). Not convinced by Garcia as manager as he is far too negative in tactics and team selection. We have a squad capable of attacking teams and causing them problems yet have done that in VERY few games.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Feeling a bit meh. Still love match days home & away but it can be interrupted by 90 minutes of poor football.

Felt the same all season, not sure if it's still a hangover from last season which is ridiculous but we just don't seem
to have ever got started.

Glad we have a great chairman who doesn't want to bankrupt the club by splashing out stupid money but would be more than happy with just a bit more attacking football.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Felt the same all season, not sure if it's still a hangover from last season which is ridiculous but we just don't seem
to have ever got started.

Glad we have a great chairman who doesn't want to bankrupt the club by splashing out stupid money but would be more than happy with just a bit more attacking football.

I think it's partly the hangover from last season and the summer that followed added to the fact that every time we look as though we're going to start kicking on we lose key players to injury, Or in Conway's case the end of his loan.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a long term plan. Too many other clubs don't have one. I'm happy on the roller coaster thanks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the ground is fantastic, although I am very surprised that the acoustics are so poor. Everything else about it is great

I am not a fan of our football as I find on the whole it is incredibly frustrating, but we have had this for a few years now and I can't see it changing, so although wanting us to win, I tend to go these days to see mates and the football is almost a side show.

We all know about the transport policies and issues with the stadium, but leaving bang on the whistle, means I can normally pick up the car and get away with a small delay from the virgin club.

I think what more saddens me, and it is a personal opinion, is that I do not think the club is " ours" any more! It really started when it went wrong with archer and the camaraderie between fans organising and battling the system to save "our" club. Once that fight had been won, it was then falmer for all and our siege mentality at gillingham. Coming back to withdean was a great boost to the fans and the withdean years actually when you look back on them were very sucessful for championships etc. Yes withdean had a load of problems, mostly when it rained, but in the south stand the atmosphere could be rocking a lot of the time.

Now I feel the brand of Brighton and Hove Albion is more a corporate business than a community football club. Having one single autocratic owner is seemly bad everywhere else, but good for the BHA club, and certainly without his millions, we would not be where we are now. We are all incredibly grateful obviously. I wonder how much this works against us in say the transfer market, where there is not a board of directors putting in money rather relying on blooms cash ( as people keep saying here that he is personally funding our losses).

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
coagulantwolf; Get behind the boys and enjoy! Better that than being a Sheffield Wednesday fan :laugh::laugh: for example![/QUOTE said:
Thanks for that!

Last edited:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Second option. I have been watching the Albion for 47 years now, and there have been ups and downs, not necessarily to do with the performance of the club. I am delighted that, financially and organisationally, the club is probably one of the best in the country after so many years of doubt and struggle and even the boom times under Bamber not sustainable, financially. We have a magnificent stadium. Trouble with that though, is it is a bugger for me to get to, compared with Withdean and the Goldstone. Queuing for a train in the rain after a lacklustre game with too much time to reflect on what you have just seen has an impact on how I feel. And, as others have said, it can be difficult to sustain a high degree of enthusiasm season after season. 2010-11 was a great season, exciting football mainly, one of the best I have seen. Followed by the delight and novelty of moving into the Amex next season and last season's nearly nearly. After all of that, mid-table so-so football will inevitably be a bit of an anti-climax. Nothing that a cup win over Hull and a big draw in the sixth round won't correct.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Well I still enjoy it, strangely perhaps even a little more this season, because I've given up on promotion this year and find watching it a lot less stressful if I dont think the result means that much. My view is we ain't going up and we ain't going down so this year I just enjoy. Obviously I'm happier when we win but not so downcast when we don't.

The one thing I do get fed up about though is this banging on about a '3 year plan', to get us to the PL. I understand you can have a 3 year plan when your building a channel tunnel, an extension to the M1, or a new housing estate but I just don't see how that works with a football club. Presumably the club is saying that every year the club will get stronger on the playing and coaching side but doesn't every other club in the championship say the same thing before a ball is kicked each season.

If all the other clubs were content to stand still I could see the argument, but they don't do they. With the relegated PL clubs getting their ever increasing parachute payments, its going to be more difficult not easier. Perhaps someone could explain to me how next years plan will differ from this years because it just doesn't make sense to me. I do wonder if by announcing long term plans the club is just trying to avoid criticism by saying 'don't moan, give us another couple of years'. What happens at the end of the 3 years and were still in the Championship, do we have another 3 year plan?

Anyway after watching the team for more than 60 years I'm not going to stop now and I am happy, its just the constant spin I don't like.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
We're in the top 10 of the second tier, playing in a fantastic stadium to sell out crowds.... could be a lot lot worse!

Since 1901 we have generally been nowhere near this - a lot lot worse! Actually think now will be more fun than a future PL struggle. Attendances in Div 1 were significantly lower on average than the excitement of 1977-79 in Div 2

Strap yourselves in for the ride and enjoy the now!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
My problem is I don't find the football very exciting. I still enjoy the day out, but it doesn't much feel like a rollercoaster to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports