Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How happy are you, overall, following the Albion?

How happy are you, overall, with the Albion?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Five points will nowhere near get us back in the playoff hunt. We would about two points better off than we are now, still five behind. I think we need seven points

I'd have to agree. If we're targeting a min 35 pts from the last 18 games, we can't afford to be dropping too many at home. I think we'll get 9, but then again I am an embarrassingly optimistic.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Dissatisfied with the board's investment in the team since the appointment of Oscar Garcia.

This sums up the argument for me. I can understand if you said you were disappointed with the board's investment, but dissatisfied ! Oh my that is just something else.

I would agree with you if this was Man Utd, but we have a board putting money into the club at unprecedented levels, to allow us to compete at this level. It is not like they are sucking cash out.

Another thing I can't understand is how some people are interpreting FFP. If it had never been mentioned, we would still not be able to compete with some of the egotistical money men running some of the clubs in this division. It is a small step to try and redress the balance, it isn't in itself evil.

theboybilly

I was a bit fed up yesterday because, as at Charlton and Derby I thought a bit more attacking intent might bring a win. But all in all things are looking pretty decent. I look forward to every game I can attend, Saturday can't come around soon enough.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Disappointed after yesterday but I think I understand the task in hand and limitations of the squad.

Just looking at the top end ages of our players now and if we were promoted next season what their ages will be in the 2015-16 Prem season.

Olandi now 29 will be 31 pushing on 32
Upson now 34 will be 36 pushing on 37
Bruno now 33 will be 35 pushing on 36
Greer now 33 will be 35 pushing on 36
Calde now 31 will be 33 pushing on 34
Lopez now 31 will be 33 pushing on 34
Andrews now 33 will be 35 pushing on 36

Would love to see them all make it up there for sentiments sake but these are not our Prem players of the future. Even if we did get promoted this season they wouldn’t cope with the step up to the pace and strength of the Prem.

I would sacrifice a playoff place this season for an automatic next, where we are winning consistently and running away with it. To go up as Champions or runners up is the best scenario.

Nothing to stop us from having a good Cup run and a strong finish to the season though. The fat lady hasn't even got out of bed yet, let alone put on her makeup.

Something along the lines I am thinking.

I think it is looking OK recently. We are not getting the breaks. I would have have been more than disappointed if we has lost Will Buckley in the transfer window as I see him as one of the players to make it in the Premier.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm an "other".

I am, and always have been,ecstatic about being an Albion supporter.

I always will be, pending the grim reaper.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Quite happy if it was not a combination of preseason shenanigans unsettling of players, injuries and our forwards not scoring goals we would be sitting nicely in the playoffs.

Really think we are building for the future really happy with the development squad, training ground and the way the managment team is bringing youngsters through to play first team football.

Having said that I don't think this season is any near over it's a all still to play for

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Loving the ride.

Yesterday was pants!(Company and cider excluded)

Moaning about possibly missing the Championship Playoffs :shrug:

I can think of worse problems for a footy club to have.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
In love with the Albion, really enjoying things as they are...we're just having a rough patch

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Mike Bailey got the boot because fans HATED boring football and that is the one thing that will empty the AMEX, turgid, defensive, no entertainment, crap football which is what we are getting now

Oscar promised us attacking football though, maybe the team he inherited are not quite up to the attacking mindset seeing most were brought in by Gus to play percentage football. Oscar needs the ability to bring his own players in who can change this not players foisted upon him by Burke and Barber who are still not accomplished in what Oscar requires

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm at a point where my Albion fanaticism days are long behind me. In days past I would get to plenty of home and away games, would look forward to the next match the moment each game ended and a defeat on Saturday would ruin my week until at least the following Wednesday. I knew instinctively how our league position would be influenced by the results of the various clubs around us and a midweek fixture for club just below or above us would be as important to me as if we were playing.

These days - whilst I will never support another club - I can't say I'm especially bothered if we don't win and the division we play in is no longer important to me. Therefore as I have very little emotional capital invested in the club I'm pretty happy following the Albion as the poor results no longer bother me, whilst the good results are always welcome.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Something along the lines I am thinking.

I think it is looking OK recently. We are not getting the breaks. I would have have been more than disappointed if we has lost Will Buckley in the transfer window as I see him as one of the players to make it in the Premier.

Yep its been ok for what we have. Watford parked the bus yesterday and we under performed, shame Ulloa's goal was cancelled out and KLL hit the post.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This sums up the argument for me. I can understand if you said you were disappointed with the board's investment, but dissatisfied ! Oh my that is just something else.

I would agree with you if this was Man Utd, but we have a board putting money into the club at unprecedented levels, to allow us to compete at this level. It is not like they are sucking cash out.

Another thing I can't understand is how some people are interpreting FFP. If it had never been mentioned, we would still not be able to compete with some of the egotistical money men running some of the clubs in this division. It is a small step to try and redress the balance, it isn't in itself evil.
Think you've said exactly what I've been trying to say, but a lot better.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think we have been very unlucky this season with injuries and generally in the games. I think there was a thread earlier in the season where our bad luck was being discussed. For me it's got even worse recently.

Watching Sunderland since Gus took over, it seems like he took our good luck with him.

In every game I watch I see fortunate things happen for both sides but am now left thinking "Why doesn't it ever happen to us?". Man U this season have the same problem.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm of the opinion that those deeply upset / miserable about the Albion at present are a very small but vocal minority. Others have suggested that this is not the case, and that more people would moan if they weren't too scare to do so (see below). Just a quick poll to see if this is the case.

I realise the poll doesn't cover all possibilities, hence the "other" option.

Overall, very happy, and very happy with Notters for posting this thread and poll, which verifies the point he was trying to make.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep we would still be outbid in the market regardless of FFP.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm quite content with how the season has gone, no we're not storming the league but for a first season under OG with all the summer drama and the monumental injury issues I don't think we could have expected much more. I'm glad we have some sensible heads running the club, rather than blowing it all on an attempt to go up and leaving us to do a Pompey...we'll get there, but the 'correct' way.

That all said, christ, some of the other Albion fans I know are driving me crazy. It's obviously a game of opinions and they're all worth the same, I just don't understand what having a constantly negative outlook is meant to achieve...one or two are genuinely annoyed that we're not in the top two.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Overall, very happy, and very happy with Notters for posting this thread and poll, which verifies the point he was trying to make.

It doesn't though does it, it's completely off topic from what he was originally trying to persecute me for, the questions aren't even a particularly accurate representation of what I was saying but he's worded in a way to enhance his argument.
The original debate was about people being a bit disappointed about the transfer window dealings, it should have been a 2 option poll, not that any of it matters :shrug: still, who am I to deny him a chance to indulge himself in a bit of internet willy waving.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Overall content.

Just a little fed up with us not taking games to the opposition a bit more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here