Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How excited are you about tomorrow?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
From the BBC:-

Brighton have scored once in their last five meetings with Preston, a Marlon Broomes own goal in August 2004. The last Brighton player to score in this fixture was Steve Sidwell during a loan spell from Arsenal in November 2002.

We're loose.

I'm not there but will be in spirit. Small consolation of heading out on Safari instead. Let's hope we throw PNE to the lions and not me eh?

Gratuitous boast post I know...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Excited-kitten.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
How come no drinking thread tonight? By this time after 6 pints most people are saying it will be at least 4-0 tomorrow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I enjoyed Leeds, it was great to see Bobby back and scoring a classy winner. I was tuned into Sky Sports on Tuesday, but something is still missing for me.

I've cancelled Seagull Player and stopped the player sponsorship, not for financial reasons but for something indefineable.

Not seeing us win at home since Gary Gardner scored in the first minute last November may be something to do with it, but I'm not convinced.

Perhaps the romance has disappeared?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Ridiculously excited. Having spent numerous years between Spain, Brighton and Cambridgeshire I am thrilled to be attending my first Amex game. At last, having watched the real time 'grow' of the stadium, to this point has been a long time. I shall enter the Cathedral of BHA with wonder and awe. I am over 50 and like a boy I cannot wait!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ridiculously excited. Having spent numerous years between Spain, Brighton and Cambridgeshire I am thrilled to be attending my first Amex game. At last, having watched the real time 'grow' of the stadium, to this point has been a long time. I shall enter the Cathedral of BHA with wonder and awe. I am over 50 and like a boy I cannot wait!

Oh wow. SO lucky. I wish I could experience the Amex for the first time, all over again.

Enjoy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I enjoyed Leeds, it was great to see Bobby back and scoring a classy winner. I was tuned into Sky Sports on Tuesday, but something is still missing for me.

I've cancelled Seagull Player and stopped the player sponsorship, not for financial reasons but for something indefineable.

Not seeing us win at home since Gary Gardner scored in the first minute last November may be something to do with it, but I'm not convinced.

Perhaps the romance has disappeared?

It might be a distance thing because the feelings you describe were clearly felt by many last year, but I think there will be few regular Amex attendees still in that mode right now. The Shoreham disaster and the response from the club, most notably at the emotion-charged Hull fixture, made a big impact. And then, of course, there is the upswing in results which has been the result of far more spirited and entertaining performances. That reached a peak, although we all hope there are even greater heights to come, with Bobby's finish on Tuesday night. I've scarcely gone loopier over an Albion goal.

The squad we now have seem far more connected to the fans than was the case last year. No loanees is a big part of that clearly, but we do seem to have assembled a group of players who really want to be here, enjoy being here and are working bloody hard to make a success of things. It counts for a lot to me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
O
It might be a distance thing because the feelings you describe were clearly felt by many last year, but I think there will be few regular Amex attendees still in that mode right now. The Shoreham disaster and the response from the club, most notably at the emotion-charged Hull fixture, made a big impact. And then, of course, there is the upswing in results which has been the result of far more spirited and entertaining performances. That reached a peak, although we all hope there are even greater heights to come, with Bobby's finish on Tuesday night. I've scarcely gone loopier over an Albion goal.

The squad we now have seem far more connected to the fans than was the case last year. No loanees is a big part of that clearly, but we do seem to have assembled a group of players who really want to be here, enjoy being here and are working bloody hard to make a success of things. It counts for a lot to me.

All of that. Spot on.

So many GOOD BLOKES in the current squad. Hard not to be rooting for them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I understand where you're coming from but the distance issue has been around since 1980.

Last season was painful, but I'm long enough in the tooth to have seen us relegated from this division four times before and wasn't put off then.

I take on board the loanee comments, but had no problem when Bridge, Hammond and others were here.

Can't put my finger on it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I won't be there because I can't be there. But that doesn't mean I won't be following every kick on here and hoping that everybody has a fantastic day.

#together

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
<------------------ Feet firmly planted on the ground. This is another step in the road, home to Preston after they got a good 3 - 0 away win will be a difficult game.
If we win, great if we draw or lose not the end of the world. Overall a fantastic start to the season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I understand where you're coming from but the distance issue has been around since 1980.

Last season was painful, but I'm long enough in the tooth to have seen us relegated from this division four times before and wasn't put off then.

I take on board the loanee comments, but had no problem when Bridge, Hammond and others were here.

Can't put my finger on it.

Blimey, I thought you were joking.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Absolutely. I know that 25,000 is a good crowd when you think of the support over the years, but nonetheless if we can't go over this, then I still find it disappointing after the start we have had.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Top post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here