Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How excited are you about tomorrow?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
As we are Brighton fans, we have had nothing but serial under achievement. That is why many of us and fans of other clubs expect it to go wrong. The more they win however, the more winning will be important to the club, fans and most important of all, the players. I hope the players have that mentality of wanting the next game because they want to beat someone else. No fear, just hunger to win. Time will tell if they have that and if they are good enough. The players have achieved a 6 point cushion over 3rd place towards the back end of October. Good start, no actually a fantastic start, but that is all it is. It is all about today and the rest of the season. Promotion is success, not getting promotion is failure and that is the bottom line.

The "Razzle Dazzle" at Hollycombe steam fair was built just a few years after 1901.
It's exciting, but you simply can't help feeling it might fall apart at any minute.

Yep, that's what doing sod all since 1983 and before that 1910 does for us. Why should we "believe"? Certainly fans of my vintage have no reason to do so. A such, I also more than half expect it all to fall apart - it's part of a Brighton fans make up. Lets hope the players are good enough and have that desire needed to take us up. Winning should breed a desire to win more but are they good enough? We shall see.

What a miserable ****er you are, I bet you're a wow at parties.
Why do you feel the constant need to piss on the parade?
Just enjoy the position we currently find ourselves in.

Feb 14, 2010
Could be difficult WCP as you don't go to watch matches.

No El P, you wont understand as you are one of those who "chose a team" instead of being "born into a team." Albion were with me from birth and will be with me when I shuffle off this mortal place, just as those who came before me and those who come after me as well. Every time they play there is a wish that they win, no matter where you are in the world. The days of me going every week and trampling around the country to see them lose every week are over, but that is due to age and moving. But unlike yourself, the fact that I have moved somewhere doesnt mean that I can change my team because well I'm old school Sussex. Its like a nationality you see, an Englishman may move to France, but he will still support England.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get an element of that, particularly in a week where we've come away with 6 points when it could easily have been just 1 or 2 but you know that old "it all evens out over the course of a season" - well it's evened out over only a few weeks. We should have beaten at least 2 of Wolves, Bolton and Cardiff but conspired to draw all three. To then win two games that could have been draws feels like some short-term justice playing out.

And we HAVE dominated many games - we've just not been able to convert our dominance in the form of possession and chances into goals. Even against Bristol City, Hemed put a free header wide and Baldock had two golden chances to score and put us into a commanding lead. As such, you could equally argue that we have been unlucky this season (or, at least, profligate).

Chin up!

This is how I see it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It might be a distance thing because the feelings you describe were clearly felt by many last year, but I think there will be few regular Amex attendees still in that mode right now. The Shoreham disaster and the response from the club, most notably at the emotion-charged Hull fixture, made a big impact. And then, of course, there is the upswing in results which has been the result of far more spirited and entertaining performances. That reached a peak, although we all hope there are even greater heights to come, with Bobby's finish on Tuesday night. I've scarcely gone loopier over an Albion goal.

The squad we now have seem far more connected to the fans than was the case last year. No loanees is a big part of that clearly, but we do seem to have assembled a group of players who really want to be here, enjoy being here and are working bloody hard to make a success of things. It counts for a lot to me.

I get an element of that, particularly in a week where we've come away with 6 points when it could easily have been just 1 or 2 but you know that old "it all evens out over the course of a season" - well it's evened out over only a few weeks. We should have beaten at least 2 of Wolves, Bolton and Cardiff but conspired to draw all three. To then win two games that could have been draws feels like some short-term justice playing out.

And we HAVE dominated many games - we've just not been able to convert our dominance in the form of possession and chances into goals. Even against Bristol City, Hemed put a free header wide and Baldock had two golden chances to score and put us into a commanding lead. As such, you could equally argue that we have been unlucky this season (or, at least, profligate).

Chin up!

I'm with Bozza. Twice. :thumbsup:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Only mildly. Still taking a enforced football sabbatical whilst recovering an operation. Enjoying listening but it's horrible not being there.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Chin up!

My chin is now firmly up as I head off to the Amex

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Perhaps we should be more confident? Perhaps we deserve to be where we are?

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=Leagues

According to this site - with 66 shots on target we're comfortably ahead of everyone else in the league. With 38 shots on target, Preston are bottom even if though they scored 3 this week.

On that basis, we're due to score about 5 one day from the chances we create!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I genuinely don't feel that the football has been all that entertaining. I like the wins, they're fun, but the football is more frustrating than entertaining to me. It's better than the end of Hyypia's run, but I think I preferred the football at the start of his run, though that was worse than under Oscar, which was worse than under Poyet.

Other than 20-30 minutes here and there over the season, I don't feel like we truly dominate teams, not the way a team top of the table should, especially against lower table teams. Yes, I know the possession stats, and shots stats - but they are not indicative of how good those shots were or how many were Gardner type wasteful shots. It doesn't show how uncomfortbale we made it for opponents when we had the ball or if they were just sat back cutting off any options for us. It seems like too often someone is spouting clichés about winning when you're not playing well, and I can't remember a game this season that I haven't walked away from this season thinking 'we were lucky they were as poor in front of goal as we were last season (not that we're that much better this season)'.

I also dread going because there are people who sit near me who irritate the hell out of me with their usually unwarranted nervousness, impossible demands (if the balls on the left they want it on the right, if it's on the right they want it on the left, they want it played out wide immediately in one pass, but if we try a cross field ball they criticise the pass), the fact they seem to watch a completely different game ("there's one man in the middle and he's unmarked" when we have two men in the middle being covered by the four defenders), and an irritating Frank Butcher-like laugh when they say something completely unfunny. I know my first two paragraphs are quite negative about the football being served up, but at the game I do get behind the boys.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
And the jinx continues - sincerest apologies - we really should have.

Seriously, you should have. I no longer invite one friend because he has never had a result in the three times i have, including the second play off leg vs CP. cant believe you are letting us down like this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here