How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/04/19/response-to-sunday-times-insight-article/

The government response to the Times article. Were such rebuttals offered pre-corona? A similar thing was done after the FT ventilator exposé.

Claim - Little was done to equip the National Health Service for the coming crisis in this period.

Response - This is wrong. The NHS has responded well to Coronavirus, and has provided treatment to everyone in critical need. We have constructed the new Nightingale hospitals and extended intensive care capacity in other hospitals.

The claim is about a lack of preparation. The response is about the reaction...which doesn’t address the claim. If anything it backs up the claim the government did **** all. Facepalm.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’m rather hoping that our Government will, in due course seek reparations from China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And risk a trade war with our biggest supplier of cheap products and components post Brexit? Highly unlikely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ps [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], you have been, and are, a dickwad. People remember your twatbursts. :drool:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, it was. I thought I managed it with a bit of elan though .........................

You did.

Lotus all the way.

All the best :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we can expect more of a duty of care and leadership. The tail should not wag the dog.

Indeed.

My view is there is nothing to be gained by prodding the fat oaf now, but a lot to be gained by throwing him into the sea later.

Hope you and yours are safe and well :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’m rather hoping that our Government will, in due course seek reparations from China.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just over a month ago, Johnson was castigating the idea of 'autarky', insisting that he would be the beacon of free markets. Now, we've binned off Europe and with you advocating binning off China too, who else will this world power, Great Britain have to trade with?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/04/19/response-to-sunday-times-insight-article/

The government response to the Times article. Were such rebuttals offered pre-corona? A similar thing was done after the FT ventilator exposé.

I've spent five or so minutes with that. Typical evasion of the key issues going on. Don't take my word on it, though. Instead, wait to see how this pans out in the media* over the next few days.

*I'm currently watching BBC News at Ten, and they're not addressing/confronting the issue.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think it’s time this poll was reset, too many people voted early days, when Boris (and his team) appeared to be doing a good job, unfortunately since then the chickens appear to be coming home to roost.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Claim - Little was done to equip the National Health Service for the coming crisis in this period.

Response - This is wrong. The NHS has responded well to Coronavirus, and has provided treatment to everyone in critical need. We have constructed the new Nightingale hospitals and extended intensive care capacity in other hospitals.

The claim is about a lack of preparation. The response is about the reaction...which doesn’t address the claim. If anything it backs up the claim the government did **** all. Facepalm.

Quite - What it also does is highlights how the nasties use the NHS as a mechanism to shield themselves from criticism. The claim accuses the nasties of not equipping the NHS, the response says 'NHS has responded well'. 'Our NHS' as they now like to call it, tossers.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Not that I'm aware of. I work for a local authority and we've often been in situations where the media or campaigns put things out there for the public that are entirely misleading - and I've often wanted to do this sort of 'correction / response'. But in general we shy away from it on the basis that it just stokes the fire.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I listened to a healthcare professional describe only yesterday how countries were learning new things about the virus every day and were adapting their response daily according to new information as it came in and how the virus has overwhelmed healthcare systems globally and left the whole global community struggling to access equipment whilst those producing it are reducing their productivity .

and twits on here are still trying to score political points..........give your head a wobble.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I listened to a healthcare professional describe only yesterday how countries were learning new things about the virus every day and were adapting their response daily according to new information as it came in and how the virus has overwhelmed healthcare systems globally and left the whole global community struggling to access equipment whilst those producing it are reducing their productivity .

and twits on here are still trying to score political points..........give your head a wobble.

I heard Jenny Harris refer to the UK's strategy (or an aspect of it) as 'exemplary'. I'm not sure how well that would go down with staff who work in care homes. I agree with your point that we shouldn't make this a partisan point scoring exercise (and I think that Labour in fairness have been pretty restrained), but there are and certainly will be questions to be asked on the strategy and the way its being communicated and defended.
Anyone who wants things to go wrong is a sicko but we do need to have confidence in those making such astonishingly important decisions on our behalf.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

The virus is new. China, then Italy had to rapidly adapt. We were lucky in that we could learn from their experiences.

We threw that away due to arrogance, political points scoring (Brexit influenced), laziness and incompetence. There's nothing to debate regarding that and we still suffer from it.

We aren't screwed by our 'government' as badly as the US but seem to be aspiring to that. It's a disgrace yet some excuse it and don't want to push for improvements.

Let's just have a clap to make ourselves feel better and donate to the NHS to make up for a decade of crushing it without daring to hold this shower to account. Good plan.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

In a crisis there will always be shills, fifth columnists and Lord Haw Haw characters, NSC is a breeding ground for these simpletons, time will tell if ours or any other government for that matter was right or wrong, these idiots that attempt to make political gain from an hourly evolving tragedy will never be forgiven. Pathetic, unhelpful armchair experts on pandemics, they are an embarrassment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports