Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Expected by whom?

Current projections suggest that is the case, on average we're still over 800 deaths a day, Spain and Italy are a few thousand in front of us but their daily rates have slowed quite a lot, when we get to their total numbers unless we see a substantial decrease quickly we'll be showing more daily deaths than them at that stage. Of course we can't speculate on total deaths and any 2nd or 3rd waves but we've certainly handled the first wave much poorer than many other countries across Europe.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Current projections suggest that is the case, on average we're still over 800 deaths a day, Spain and Italy are a few thousand in front of us but their daily rates have slowed quite a lot, when we get to their total numbers unless we see a substantial decrease quickly we'll be showing more daily deaths than them at that stage. Of course we can't speculate on total deaths and any 2nd or 3rd waves but we've certainly handled the first wave much poorer than many other countries across Europe.

Another ray of sunshine that thinks this a competition.
EVERY DEATH IS AN INDIVIDUAL TRAGEDY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Exactly, so the countries who suppress the death tolls the most and reduce the individual tragedies I think have on the whole handled it better, I don't think its a coincidence that Germany has about one fifth of the deaths we have.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Jesus wept!!!

If other countries have lower death rates/infection rates, it's mentioned not because it's a competition as you seem to think, but as a way of suggesting that maybe what they are doing differently to us is working (or has worked) and maybe we need to think about what we can do to try and have the same outcomes.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Jesus wept!!!

If other countries have lower death rates/infection rates, it's mentioned not because it's a competition as you seem to think, but as a way of suggesting that maybe what they are doing differently to us is working (or has worked) and maybe we need to think about what we can do to try and have the same outcomes.

Its not over yet and not likely to be over for a good year.
The virus is the enemy, not the people that are doing their best to protect us.
Good grief.[emoji2359]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I know that they didn't ban mass gatherings until Arteta got covid and the EPL postponed fixtures.

An interesting thought that of course had that game that weekend gone ahead then the Arsenal game could well have become a super spreader event for Brighton / Sussex. As far as the Government were concerned there was no problem with that going ahead (they didn't ban mass events until after that weekend as I recall). I wonder if those who would seek to defend the Government might be thinking different if a significant proportion of us (I'm assuming a significant proportion of people on NSC are match-goers) had come down with it ourselves or spread it around (or both)?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson missed 5 meetings during the early stages of the pandemic in February...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/19/uk/johnson-coronavirus-response-criticism-intl-gbr/index.html

You have to ask yourself how the PM ended up being a victim of Covid himself, the only major leader in world to catch it. I'm afraid this just underlines his failings in the early stages of the crisis. It now looks increasingly likely we will pay a greater human and economic cost for these failings than we needed to.

A proven liar Johnson may be, but he is all we have for now. Hopefully we can pull a rabbit out the hat for the sake of the country.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think it’s important not to make a scapegoat of one person here. If there are failings and they are historical, ie the lack of preparation dating back years, then the whole government are in trouble.

IF there are failings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Johnson missed 5 meetings during the early stages of the pandemic in February...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/19/uk/johnson-coronavirus-response-criticism-intl-gbr/index.html

You have to ask yourself how the PM ended up being a victim of Covid himself, the only major leader in world to catch it. I'm afraid this just underlines his failings in the early stages of the crisis. It now looks increasingly likely we will pay a greater human and economic cost for these failings than we needed to.

A proven liar Johnson may be, but he is all we have for now. Hopefully we can pull a rabbit out the hat for the sake of the country.

In the headline it says he missed them, in the article it says he didnt chair them - whats the truth?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the headline it says he missed them, in the article it says he didnt chair them - whats the truth?

In the article it states that Gove said that Boris didn't chair the meetings, I guess you can't chair something if you're not in the meeting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What is that!?
"At a very basic level, this is wrong. The meeting was on the fourth Friday in January" You know they have zero comeback at this point! Not showing that the article is false as they can not. So instead they are arguing semantics about the day!? So inept.

worse, they confuse two separate meetings. one meeting is 3rd Friday, other is 1st Friday, probably to try to confuse. some of the response is petty, others seem fair comment in response to petty or subjective claims. a good example of why its not good to directly respond to media reports because you dont win anything. basic charge of failure to lead seems fair overall.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
worse, they confuse two separate meetings. one meeting is 3rd Friday, other is 1st Friday, probably to try to confuse. some of the response is petty, others seem fair comment in response to petty or subjective claims. a good example of why its not good to directly respond to media reports because you dont win anything. basic charge of failure to lead seems fair overall.

I was very shocked at the language used in the government’s repost. It’s so tabloid - very disconcerting. It was like some sort of Sun column for dimwits. As you say, the content was fair in parts why have they descended into a media bitch fight, the Government should rise above this sort of thing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I was very shocked at the language used in the government’s repost. It’s so tabloid - very disconcerting. It was like some sort of Sun column for dimwits. As you say, the content was fair in parts why have they descended into a media bitch fight, the Government should rise above this sort of thing.

Trump-lite..

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003

Yes, it was like it was written by a stroppy teenager. The retort about the senior advisor was extremely childish and whoever permitted that reply should be sacked.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Its not over yet and not likely to be over for a good year.
The virus is the enemy, not the people that are doing their best to protect us.
Good grief.[emoji2359]

That's a bit provocative, not sure anyone has said the government are the enemy. Your problem seems to be that you can't stand anybody holding the government to account for their decision making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here