How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Nothing short of shambolic. Effectively passing the buck to the common sense of the general public. If you get sick and die, it's your fault, not ours.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
How did the worst national crisis for 75 years manage to coincide with the most inept government and Prime Minister in that time too?!

Even the staunchest tories I know are criticising their general handling of the virus and more so since yesterday. The messages are totally unclear and every time one of their minister opens their mouth, the situation gets worse.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How did the worst national crisis for 75 years manage to coincide with the most inept government in that time too?!

Even the staunchest tories I know are criticising their general handling of the virus and more so since yesterday. The messages are totally unclear and every time one of their minister opens their mouth, the situation gets worse.

The fact that these ministers (and their leader) have been selected, not due to administrative competence, but ideological fervour is surely the problem. The calm heads and steady hands in the tory party didn't survive the culls of late last year.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How did the worst national crisis for 75 years manage to coincide with the most inept government in that time too?!

2 friends of mine who are lifelong Tory voters have exchanged messages with me this morning and they call it: '****ing shambolic' and 'utterly pathetic' respectively.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2 friends of mine who are lifelong Tory voters have exchanged messages with me this morning and they call it: '****ing shambolic' and 'utterly pathetic' respectively.

I wonder how many more 1000s of deaths it will take for [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] to get real?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
……….

Attachments

• 96294944_3490119787669029_1698387676958294016_n.jpg
    96294944_3490119787669029_1698387676958294016_n.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 98

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wonder how many more 1000s of deaths it will take for [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] to get real?

With my wife who works as a Matron in an NHS hospital and two friends who have died from Coronavirus.... I can assure you I am quite 'real' about this. But carry on with your chippy jibes if it makes you feel big and clever.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stay Alert = it’s your fault if there’s a second spike.

It was a mixture of passing the buck and trying to open up asap

As you said - your fault if second spike

Plus its now put employees and employers head to head - I imagine audits will follow from government on those still claiming furlough soon

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like Cummings is a one trick pony - who would have thought it? Here's a scoop for you Dom - there are some things you can't just ascribe a pithy catchphrase to in order to get your way. Tens of thousands of people dying is one of them. Whatever the rights or wrongs of the policies, the parroting of the new "slogan" is nauseating.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The message is undoubtedly a load of bollocks! The more they talk the bigger the hole they dig.

I do think that given the lack of a clear message people need to take some personal responsibility here. It's up to all of us to keep social distancing, it shouldn't be difficult for employers to come up with a safe working policy. We're all pretty well versed in how to stop the spread.

There's people all over the news this morning needing every single scenario spelled out for them.

"I didn't know if I was supposed to go to work this morning" is a common one. How about you discuss it with your employer this morning FFS :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With my wife who works as a Matron in an NHS hospital and two friends who have died from Coronavirus.... I can assure you I am quite 'real' about this. But carry on with your chippy jibes if it makes you feel big and clever.

Your posts regarding Boris suggest the exact opposite. And that’s ignoring your seemingly gleeful and pant pissing posts about other countries.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The message is undoubtedly a load of bollocks! The more they talk the bigger the hole they dig.

I do think that given the lack of a clear message people need to take some personal responsibility here. It's up to all of us to keep social distancing, it shouldn't be difficult for employers to come up with a safe working policy. We're all pretty well versed in how to stop the spread.

There's people all over the news this morning needing every single scenario spelled out for them.

"I didn't know if I was supposed to go to work this morning" is a common one. How about you discuss it with your employer this morning FFS :facepalm:

You're right.

The BBC this morning have been shit stirring the best they can, asking all and sundry what the message means, the best response was from Len McCluskey, who is as red as you can be, saying he hasn't a problem with it.

They showed a factory in Wales who have put all the safeguards in place that's needed. The workforce are obviously happy with these measures. Anyone who believes they just return to work this morning without any communication with their respective employers are plainly stupid.

All the relaxed measures had caveats and a time frame that allows things to be put in place and only then if the measures that the government are saying need to be met prior to that stage. The opening of restaurants in July will be very strict and only allowed if all the measures required are satisfied. Again the BBC speaking to a young waitress, were attempting to stir a hornets nest over it. It's bloody obvious that many will still not be able to open because the social distancing can't be achieved.

As far as Wales and Scotland are concerned, not wishing to follow the government on the same pathway means they are now responsible for their own failures which the mess Scotland is in, the poisoned dwarf has avoided so far. I bet though we will still have to pay for decisions.

As you say, personal responsibility is key and has always been since the beginning of this.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the best thing is if you pick up the guardian or Mirror and read that tomorrow as you will get the answers you are looking for.

You haven’t got a ****ing clue. You thought you’d come on an wind people up and then when put to the test, you bottled it.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Broadly agree, fact is political opponents and the media have been chipping away over recent weeks with claims of how Boris was treating adults like children. Arguing about the message is form over substance, the adults amongst will continue to act responsibly and be alert to potential dangers such as being to close to those deciding to gather together.

As I think Douglas Badger once said, Rules are for the blind obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men..........I know which of those 2 groups are whining the loudest this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports