Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They've done it completely arse about face. The detail should've been released first to those who need it e.g employers who can then cascade it down. Then they could release the silly slogans.

They have indeed.

What Boris and Dom should have done (after consulting ministers - dur!) is release the 60-page document to business leaders and other senior officials followed by the media/world, and then gone on TV to summarise it and explain the reasons behind it.

And it should obviously have been presented on a Thursday, with a view to implementing changes (not the next day - dur!) the following Monday...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They have indeed.

What Boris and Dom should have done (after consulting ministers - dur!) is release the 60-page document to business leaders and other senior officials followed by the media/world, and then gone on TV to summarise it and explain the reasons behind it.

And it should obviously have been presented on a Thursday, with a view to implementing changes (not the next day - dur!) the following Monday...

about right. the ideas are there, the application is ballsed up.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
They have indeed.

Spot on - but I think we're forgetting that the whole point of putting BoJo on TV at 7pm on a Sunday (Antiques Roadshow time - special VE Day edition) is to appeal to the typical Torygraph/Mail/Express readership who just want to lap up his "statesmanship". If it was about trying to convey meaningful, practical information there are any number of better ways to do it. I almost pity the Ministers who then have to show up on the TV and radio the next day to try to explain something they weren't even consulted about. Johnson is virtually totally absent from any public scrutiny (nb: No press conference today - journos not able to quiz him about it). What amazes me is how he still has such support (but I guess that's what you get when his appearances are being so carefully stage managed by Cummings and his cronies - unbelievably, we are falling for it).

D

Deleted member 2719

You haven’t got a ****ing clue. You thought you’d come on an wind people up and then when put to the test, you bottled it.

3 years of getting the thick slant aimed at me and others, tempts me to chuck it back at yer.

Forget your political views and just listen to it again, it won't all fit every situation as nothing will, then work out yours.

I think some of the issues yet again lie with the media, bullshitting that lockdown was being lifted, they like to brainwash you, don't be fooled they are currently the scum of the earth.

Jimmy Grimble

745d93a3fb06b4ad7cdc1940c24a30d7.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The fact the Gov increased universal credit the minute all the middle class ****ers needed it tells you all you need to know about the Tories. I think some conservative voters probably feel ashamed of themselves right now. I hope when they're out clapping on Thursday nights they take that minute to think about what they've done.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The fact the Gov increased universal credit the minute all the middle class ****ers needed it tells you all you need to know about the Tories. I think some conservative voters probably feel ashamed of themselves right now. I hope when they're out clapping on Thursday nights they take that minute to think about what they've done.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Excellent post. Sums it all up for me. And yes, Tory voters should have a little think.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If wasn't already a trade union member I would signing up straight away. Johnson asking employers to show common sense? Come on mate.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
With my wife who works as a Matron in an NHS hospital and two friends who have died from Coronavirus.... I can assure you I am quite 'real' about this. But carry on with your chippy jibes if it makes you feel big and clever.

what does your wife make of bungle johnson's handling of this crisis?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
what does your wife make of bungle johnson's handling of this crisis?

She would tell you that her hospital has coped extremely well, had time to restructure and prepare, tripling it's ITU capacity, has never had a shortage of PPE, has never run out of ventilator beds... and it has been an extra-ordinary team effort to look after hundreds of extremely ill Covid patients. Their main issue has been maintaining staffing levels, because of isolating.

She would also tell you that it has had a considerable impact on her mental well-being and that of her colleagues... and we will be bearing that burden for years to come.

I don't think she would be impressed by name-calling and bickering while we face such a demanding crisis... or maybe that is just me being sensitive on her behalf.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He’s a joke.

It’s clear he has no idea in the slightest, I don’t think he answered one questions whilst passing the going back issue to employers and a stand off.

He’s about to cut certain aspects of furlough as he kept saying there would be more info tomorrow.

I get the feeling even the Tories seem pissed with him

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She would tell you that her hospital has coped extremely well, had time to restructure and prepare, tripling it's ITU capacity, has never had a shortage of PPE, has never run out of ventilator beds... and it has been an extra-ordinary team effort to look after hundreds of extremely ill Covid patients. Their main issue has been maintaining staffing levels, because of isolating.

She would also tell you that it has had a considerable impact on her mental well-being and that of her colleagues... and we will be bearing that burden for years to come.

I don't think she would be impressed by name-calling and bickering while we face such a demanding crisis... or maybe that is just me being sensitive on her behalf.

What does she think about the hospitals that have had ppe shortages and deaths due to lack of ppe?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What does she think about the hospitals that have had ppe shortages and deaths due to lack of ppe?

She was surprised to hear stories like that, because it is not her experience.

But the NHS is a huge organisation, and every hospital is different, every catchment area, and every Chief Executive and management team are different.

So it is unsurprising in an organisation of over a million people and 1300 hospitals that there are some that face challenges.

I would ask if you have any evidence of 'deaths due to a lack of PPE' in NHS hospitals, or are you talking about privately run care homes?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Actually - don't bother answering... I am going to cook her tea for when she gets in from work... and doubt I will be back on NSC until much later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here