Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She was surprised to hear stories like that, because it is not her experience.

But the NHS is a huge organisation, and every hospital is different, every catchment area, and every Chief Executive and management team are different.

So it is unsurprising in an organisation of over a million people and 1300 hospitals that there are some that face challenges.

I would ask if you have any evidence of 'deaths due to a lack of PPE' in NHS hospitals, or are you talking about privately run care homes?

I would imagine an investigation would need to be carried out. Can’t imagine the huge shortages across many, many hospitals has helped much.

Genuinely glad that your wife’s experience seems to be different to so many reports we hear.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would imagine an investigation would need to be carried out. Can’t imagine the huge shortages across many, many hospitals has helped much.

Genuinely glad that your wife’s experience seems to be different to so many reports we hear.

I would suggest that his wife's experience is the norm and we just don't hear about that as it is, sadly, not deemed newsworthy.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
For the record, I'm not a labour voter. I couldn't vote for Jeremy and that useless Dianne Abbott. And it's not because I believed the media that unfairly, absolutely destroyed him. People chose not to tactically vote and look at the shit show we've got now. Unfortunately some of the blame lays at your doors.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Spot on - but I think we're forgetting that the whole point of putting BoJo on TV at 7pm on a Sunday (Antiques Roadshow time - special VE Day edition) is to appeal to the typical Torygraph/Mail/Express readership who just want to lap up his "statesmanship". If it was about trying to convey meaningful, practical information there are any number of better ways to do it. I almost pity the Ministers who then have to show up on the TV and radio the next day to try to explain something they weren't even consulted about. Johnson is virtually totally absent from any public scrutiny (nb: No press conference today - journos not able to quiz him about it). What amazes me is how he still has such support (but I guess that's what you get when his appearances are being so carefully stage managed by Cummings and his cronies - unbelievably, we are falling for it).

indeed; i know it's a national crisis but, we do seem to have abandoned democracy entirely

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She was surprised to hear stories like that, because it is not her experience.

But the NHS is a huge organisation, and every hospital is different, every catchment area, and every Chief Executive and management team are different.

So it is unsurprising in an organisation of over a million people and 1300 hospitals that there are some that face challenges.

I would ask if you have any evidence of 'deaths due to a lack of PPE' in NHS hospitals, or are you talking about privately run care homes?

200 health care workers have died. There are different sorts of PPE.

My biggest concern was hospitals emptying their beds to concentrate on Covid patients, putting the elderly into care homes, without testing.
Therefore the Covid virus was introduced into the nursing homes and care homes where the elderly residents were sitting ducks. Relatives asked to sign DNR forms because those residents were not going to be admitted to hospitals for any reason.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
She would tell you that her hospital has coped extremely well, had time to restructure and prepare, tripling it's ITU capacity, has never had a shortage of PPE, has never run out of ventilator beds... and it has been an extra-ordinary team effort to look after hundreds of extremely ill Covid patients. Their main issue has been maintaining staffing levels, because of isolating.

She would also tell you that it has had a considerable impact on her mental well-being and that of her colleagues... and we will be bearing that burden for years to come.

I don't think she would be impressed by name-calling and bickering while we face such a demanding crisis... or maybe that is just me being sensitive on her behalf.

so in answer to the question you think she wuoldn't mention bj at all then?

thru politeness no doubt

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Well, I’m not sure who the Badger chap is, but the big issue here is that there ARE no clear rules.

A less well known Beatrix Potter character, fighter pilot obviously.......

I have a different view, I think the big issue, and overriding RULE with this new step is that people shouldn’t take the pi$$. I suspect this RULE will be a key part on all the future new stages.

Contrary to the previous “stay at home stage” there is now no limit on time spent exercising, or on driving about. However, if people think that means they can stay out all day in a park getting smashed with their mates (socially distant or not) or driving from Brighton to a Cornish village for a walk then they are taking the pi$$.

People should exercise common sense, me and missus went out today and arranged to meet a couple we know (but haven’t seen since lockdown) walking their dog in a park. We caught up for 30 minutes, kept our distance came home and didn’t take the pi$$.

Yeah, I know what we are being told, but I think the adults amongst the population will just carry on and not take the pi$$.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He sounds tragic on his press conference now. Edgy, embarrassed.

I am convinced my comment elsewhere about how the 'alert' slogan came about is correct. They meant using alerts to inform decisions (fine), and someone made a soppy slogan out of it and Boris didn't realise....Now Boris is having to defend the slogan as if it means something. My guess is, soon, we will never hear it said again....he hasn't used it in 15 minutes (so different from 'get Brexit done').

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's actually slurring his words now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow - employers cannot force people to go to work if the workplace is not Covid 'secure'. If it isn't you report it (to whom not made clear, but....)

He said that just then. Make a note of that, all of you who are shitting it about being forced back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If wasn't already a trade union member I would signing up straight away. Johnson asking employers to show common sense? Come on mate.

He has just totally back tracked. He'll be offering a kidney to a kiddy in a minute, so fluster sounds he. I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think he was loving it for the first few weeks, he even took 2 holidays to celebrate. The honeymoon is over...

Someone I saw once said Johnson doesn't want so much to be Prime Minister as to be a "former Prime Minister". All the plum jobs, all the gigs he wants, all the gravitas he can shake a stick at, but none of the responsibility.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wonder what the odds are of him running off.

"Following his own brush with coronavirus he has resigned the office to spend more time with his young family".

I give it by August next year absolute latest.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not really to do with the covid-19 issue, but showing deeper issues. During that briefing, in response to a question he said something along the lines of 'and unlike after the recession of 2008, we really want to help the poorer, less-well off people'. Quite revealing I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here