Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did UKIP do?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Where is Farage getting all this intel from that young female voters are voting for UKIP. How can he know this? He is making it up as he goes along.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Farage had a successful campaign in terms of appealing to those in the country who think that migration is more important than the NHS and education, but, having said he will stand down as party leader should he not win Thanet, will of course keep to his word and resign.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Delighted he's gone but I can't disagree with Farage on electoral reform, to pick up one seat from nearly four million votes is just insane.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a good thing for the constituents represented by Nige as an MEP, it means now he can concentrate on attending EU meetings and earning his MEP's salary at last.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Farage should be comfortable now, has saved up a lot of allowances from being MEP to fund his lifestyle

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I disagree. The SNP did not run in all those places, so all those people could not vote for them. They do have more seats than they should, but they are representing the opinions of the majority of people who they have tried to represent.

Listening to Farage right now, and it is the first time I have ever agreed with him. It is time for real electoral reform. Of course there is no chance of that whilst Cameron has a majority.

Can't disagree with that. PR is dead and should've been the red line that the Libs insisted on after the last election. It's also the end for UKIP, Farage is UKIP IMO and one of the very few MP's of any party with Charisma, without him they will wither away.

Lastly, hard to see how there will be a Union or membership of the EC in 5 years time with this vote. Interesting times ahead I suspect.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think Farage had a successful campaign in terms of appealing to those in the country who think that migration is more important than the NHS and education, but, having said he will stand down as party leader should he not win Thanet, will of course keep to his word and resign.

Migration isn't the issue with me, its the bureaucratic stranglehold of Brussels. The blatant and obnoxious corruption. The complete lack of accountability and the power and control that faceless civil servants, earning vast salaries plus ( unaccounted ) expenses, exert over hundreds of millions in Europe.
People have been hoodwinked over its trading importance. We should be strengthening ties with the USA and Far East, whilst easing ourselves away from this massively costly organisation, bleeding us dry, with billions disappearing down ' black holes ' We should have the confidence to do it, not meekly subserve to their wishes.
The civil servants love it. Its a gravy train beyond their wildest dreams. Is it any wonder that it garners such support at Westminster.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Migration isn't the issue with me, its the bureaucratic stranglehold of Brussels. The blatant and obnoxious corruption. The complete lack of accountability and the power and control that faceless civil servants, earning vast salaries plus ( unaccounted ) expenses, exert over hundreds of millions in Europe.
People have been hoodwinked over its trading importance. We should be strengthening ties with the USA and Far East, whilst easing ourselves away from this massively costly organisation, bleeding us dry, with billions disappearing down ' black holes ' We should have the confidence to do it, not meekly subserve to their wishes.
The civil servants love it. Its a gravy train beyond their wildest dreams. Is it any wonder that it garners such support at Westminster.

UKIP recently voted FOR expenses to be not accounted for though.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Farage travelled to Brussels during the UK election campaign to vote against accountability.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-says-only-voted-5636179

Last edited:

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009

Spot on.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
That's all well and good, but in this election UKIP came out second in dozens of constituencies.

Let's 'pretend' that 33% of voters from 50 different constituencies voted UKIP making this party the 'runner-up'.
Is it fair that the millions of voters over the UK won't be represented?

3.8 million UKIP voters all over the UK represented by 1 (possibly 2) MP.
1.4 million SNP voters mostly from (or in) Scotland represented by 56 MP's.

:shootself

Its fair to say that nobody gives a hoot about the millions of votes across the uk who's vote has not been heard.

50'000 people vote for David or Ed

Ed receives 27'000 votes, quiet simply the majorty of people in that constituent want Ed to represent them.

Sometimes things in life are deemed not fair (normally by those who are losing), however it is always the majority that win. And that my friend has been made clear today!

Whilst were at it we should change football rules next season and scrap goals, teams with the most shots win or even most possession that would be fair (or would it as the point of the game is to score goals, that same as the point of the vote is to win your set constitution)

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think Farage will take a break for a few months then come back as leader again. Their future depends PARTLY, that's PARTLY on how many MPs from other parties cross the floor to join them in the next term.

Jan 30, 2008
Can't disagree with that. PR is dead and should've been the red line that the Libs insisted on after the last election. It's also the end for UKIP, Farage is UKIP IMO and one of the very few MP's of any party with Charisma, without him they will wither away.

Lastly, hard to see how there will be a Union or membership of the EC in 5 years time with this vote. Interesting times ahead I suspect.
3.5 million votes , far from finished , farage done the honorable thing and will step down, watch this space
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here