[Albion] How could we get Odsonne Édouard?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Never PL quality if we signed Toney I would question the ambition.

Kind of proves the point about the standard of the SPL, if he signs for Celtic he will probably do very well, this is the standard that Odsonne Edouard needs to step up from, it is a HUGE step up, doesn't mean he cant, but i'd let someone else take that chance for £30m to be honest.

As has been said Kris Boyd is the all time record scorer in the SPL, couldn't even cut it in the Championship, Kenny Miller, nothing special for either Wolves or Derby, prolific at that level.

30 million, let that sink in for a minute, you could get proven strikers for less like King or Wilson at Bournemouth, Pukki at Norwich, christ even Leeds signed Spain's number 9 for less. Ok none of those have sell on value, but neither will Edouard if he flops.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Kind of proves the point about the standard of the SPL, if he signs for Celtic he will probably do very well, this is the standard that Odsonne Edouard needs to step up from, it is a HUGE step up, doesn't mean he cant, but i'd let someone else take that chance for £30m to be honest.

As has been said Kris Boyd is the all time record scorer in the SPL, couldn't even cut it in the Championship, Kenny Miller, nothing special for either Wolves or Derby, prolific at that level.

30 million, let that sink in for a minute, you could get proven strikers for less like King or Wilson at Bournemouth, Pukki at Norwich, christ even Leeds signed Spain's number 9 for less. Ok none of those have sell on value, but neither will Edouard if he flops.
Pukki was signed from the SPL ??? :) I would rather 4 seasons in at top flight going for proven player from a top league. You will spend more but you know what you are getting. Locadia and Andone looked like desperation punts. Maupay has adapted quite well just give him some help notice how he started snatching at shots as we slowly got worse. Honestly think Covid saved us this season as we didn’t look like we had a win in us before hand.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Pukki was signed from the SPL ??? :) I would rather 4 seasons in at top flight going for proven player from a top league. You will spend more but you know what you are getting. Locadia and Andone looked like desperation punts. Maupay has adapted quite well just give him some help notice how he started snatching at shots as we slowly got worse. Honestly think Covid saved us this season as we didn’t look like we had a win in us before hand.

:thumbsup: I think we'd all prefer someone proven at this level, which would rule out both Edouard and Nuñez tbh and they are out there. I like us taking a punt on a youngster, but not at 25-40m which are the figures being mentioned for these two. Christ we could sign Messi on a free and pay his wages for a year for the price of these two :lolol:

Fair point on Pukki btw, but he did at least have experience at the championship before stepping up, and totally agree on Locadia, complete desperation and frankly a waste of time, money and effort, in my not so humble opinion, the worst signing we've ever made, Ashley Neal, Mark Farrington, Valor Gislasson and Richard Tiltman were worse players but we didn't pay 14m for any of them. Not so much on Andone who we had scouted for years and tried to sign previously, he had experience of top flight with DLC in La Liga before they got relegated.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
According to the Sun a whole bunch of PL clubs about to start a bidding war for Eduard.

Including our friends.. Leeds.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently Celtic owe PSG 40% of the next transfer fee (not profit - actual fee) so Celtic need to sell at £40M+ for it to be worth it

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apparently Celtic owe PSG 40% of the next transfer fee (not profit - actual fee) so Celtic need to sell at £40M+ for it to be worth it

If thats the case, then they have made a really shit deal because that fee is just not happening.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

I wonder if there are rules in place to stop a similar scenario as the one years ago involving Wayne Clark when he moved from Birmingham to Everton. Birmingham had to pay 50% of any fee to Clarks previous club Wolves so was transferred on a free. At the same time Everton paid 300,000 pounds for a young lad at Birmingham called Stuart Storer.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I think he's feeling the cold north of the border, he's wearing three pairs of pants underneath his shorts. Maybe he's longing for warmer climes...

NINTCHDBPICT000603842989-1.jpg

2020-08-28 12.29.13.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like green and white tape to me but still, fair play for bouncing the thread to give us all hope on this transfer :lol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Henrik Larsson wasn't bad for this tin pot league. He only later went to Barcelona, won a European cup and had a successful loan spell at Man Utd near the end of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports