Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How could we get Odsonne Édouard?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Still believe this player is our main target, will be a late bid , by all accounts his head has been turned and applying little effort for Celtic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still believe this player is our main target, will be a late bid , by all accounts his head has been turned and applying little effort for Celtic.

He has had a contract extension on the table since June. It remains unsigned because he realises that his opportunity of improvement in the SPL is almost non-existent.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

Late bid means Celtic have little time to replace. I don't see a late bid working at all.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
In that case, I'm out on this one. Still haven't forgotten or forgiven Danny Wilson doing the same thing to us back in in the day. Just switched off all his effort like a light switch and played at 10% till he moved on. Can't stand that sort of behaviour and attitude. Coupled with Edouard allegedly saying 'a move to Brighton would be a step down', this has all the hallmarks of another Locadia.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In that case, I'm out on this one. Still haven't forgotten or forgiven Danny Wilson doing the same thing to us back in in the day. Just switched off all his effort like a light switch and played at 10% till he moved on. Can't stand that sort of behaviour and attitude. Coupled with Edouard allegedly saying 'a move to Brighton would be a step down', this has all the hallmarks of another Locadia.

Where’s that Alleged quote come from? I swear, if there’s players we’re after like this guy (who would be my choice) or Brewster etc they’ll have seen our games this season and that may change their minds/ convince them to be part of the project...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dean Saunders couldn’t hit a barn door in his last season with us got his move then turned into a goal machine at Oxford/Liverpool that’s football I guess.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Where’s that Alleged quote come from? I swear, if there’s players we’re after like this guy (who would be my choice) or Brewster etc they’ll have seen our games this season and that may change their minds/ convince them to be part of the project...

Sorry, can't find the quote. Spend far too much time reading Albion snippets when I should be doing other things, but that quote stuck in my memory. Probably all tosh though:lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He has had a contract extension on the table since June. It remains unsigned because he realises that his opportunity of improvement in the SPL is almost non-existent.

Or it could be because he knows other clubs are interested therefore he's assessing what Celtic value him at and, and- if he stays- will insist on a contract that reflects that.

Exactly as Ben White did.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry, can't find the quote. Spend far too much time reading Albion snippets when I should be doing other things, but that quote stuck in my memory. Probably all tosh though:lol:

Something like that was mentioned somewhere but I'm pretty sure there was no direct quote from the player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Something like that was mentioned somewhere but I'm pretty sure there was no direct quote from the player.

It would seem unlikely that any player would say something like that about any club, unless they were a supporter as well as a player (so, it would be no surprise if, say, Billy Sharp had a dig at the Massive). The agent, maybe...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dean Saunders couldn’t hit a barn door in his last season with us got his move then turned into a goal machine at Oxford/Liverpool that’s football I guess.

Mmmmm.....nnnnnn....not really.

Like his made-up anecdotes about his time with Clough, his magnificance is largely fiction.

He is certainly a snidely little ****, though.

dingo.PNG

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mmmmm.....nnnnnn....not really.

Like his made-up anecdotes about his time with Clough, his magnificance is largely fiction.

He is certainly a snidely little ****, though.

View attachment 128852
I might be a bit biased, after dodging bottles trying to get to the ground WBA away, Saunders races clean through and does some weird pass back to the keeper didn’t even shoot the ****.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I might be a bit biased, after dodging bottles trying to get to the ground WBA away, Saunders races clean through and does some weird pass back to the keeper didn’t even shoot the ****.

Your last word sums him up I suspect :wink:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

All of that is just idle gossip and made up tabloid shit yet that’s enough for you to decide ‘you’re out’ and he’s another Locadia?!

Jesus, some players have no chance with our fans do they?!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
the-mask-jim-carrey-money-gif.gif

518.gif

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
All of that is just idle gossip and made up tabloid shit yet that’s enough for you to decide ‘you’re out’ and he’s another Locadia?!

Jesus, some players have no chance with our fans do they?!

This whole thread and most of NSC is just idle gossip based on idle gossip from one source or another. . Most of the time I don't even take myself seriously, far less believe it all. No need to get all aeriated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here