Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you that we'll sign a QUALITY striker before the window closes

How confident are you that we'll sign a QUALITY striker before the window closes

• Total voters

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
People have a very plastic one dimensional viewpoint.

Not sure if I understand your use of plastic? To me it represents the ability to mould and change as in plasticity.

One question you could maybe answer. Have you seen the interview with Potter regarding the League Cup? During it he is asked about the rumours surrounding Folarin Balogun, to me his facial reaction was one of shock, but I have an ASD and it is therefore very unwise for me to rely on my own interpretations of someones facial expression, did you pick anything up?

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What don't people understand when Potter repeatedly says goal scoring is a team effort and he expects more from Trossard, Connolly, Maupay and Ali? How they get to this is code for 'we are in the market for a new striker' is beyond me.

Perhaps because sources in the club have been telling journalists that talk to them daily that they've been looking for a striker all summer and they've reported that across multiple outlets.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Perhaps because sources in the club have been telling journalists that talk to them daily that they've been looking for a striker all summer and they've reported that across multiple outlets.
Also it's demoralising for the players to be continually waiting for this silver bullet of a player to save the team.

Basic psychology from potter that managers like mourinho could learn a thing or two from.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Have they? Andy Naylor was pretty clear last week that there was no one in the pipeline. What it looks like to me is the journos assume we must be searching. As Potter has said sure if someone comes up we will look at it but working with the squad he has got is his priority

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have they? Andy Naylor was pretty clear last week that there was no one in the pipeline. What it looks like to me is the journos assume we must be searching. As Potter has said sure if someone comes up we will look at it but working with the squad he has got is his priority
We can't go into a premier League campaign with two recognised strikers , one being a glorified youth player. If the club are happy with that then we deserve relegation.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Klopp offered us Brewster on a season loan in the morning would you still be a No? !!
No. I read some posts 2 weeks ago and realised we may be totally skint because of Covid-19 losses at the club and potentially Tony's other businesses.

This summer we maybe can only scrape together the cash for a loan - so pragmatically due to the exceptional circumstances that may have to do.

The TV money may be reduced and all used up on our £100 million wage bill and the contracts for Veltman, Lallana, Dunk and White.

So we may only have the £14million transfer profit left in the kitty for a striker ( I think it was easy PR to bid £25million for Nunez knowing he'd go to Benefica, and the £20million for Martinez was always nonsense ) - which means a loan is perhaps the best option for a striker, and selling Bernardo or March may have to cover the cost of any LWB.

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
We can't go into a premier League campaign with two recognised strikers , one being a glorified youth player. If the club are happy with that then we deserve relegation.

So can you tell me, how in real terms, not just a name on the squad sheet ie having an effective 3rd option, how we are in a different position to last season?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Personally I think we're priced out of the market and we're lining up Trossard to play as a central striker. I don't think we'll take a punt as we're burnt from the whole Locadia signing.

Trossard has been seeing game time as they secondary striker, but he had to drop in to fill Lallana’s roll which again leaves us with 2 strikers, a huge risk to go forward with just Maupay and Connolly as has been covered hundreds of times. I think we’ve got a very good squad, but without some additional goals we’re going to struggling again. I do believe we’re another 10 goal striker away from being comfortably mid table, given the amount of chances we create even a semi competent forward should get that goal return if afforded the minutes to do so.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The transfer window never closes- it always SLAMS SHUT!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Naylor was reporting on the current state of play - not disputing club are working to sign more players before window closes. They are. Potter wasn’t either.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No. I read some posts 2 weeks ago and realised we may be totally skint because of Covid-19 losses at the club and potentially Tony's other businesses.

This summer we maybe can only scrape together the cash for a loan - so pragmatically due to the exceptional circumstances that may have to do.

The

So we may only have the £14million transfer profit left in the kitty for a striker ( I think it was easy PR to bid £25million for Nunez knowing he'd go to Benfica.

We made a bid for a player - “easy PR” - - to cheer up fans on NSC ? ?? Well it hasn’t worked. !!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We made a bid for a player - “easy PR” - - to cheer up fans on NSC ? ?? Well it hasn’t worked. !!
Well I think it is very possible that we don't have £25million available for a striker due to Covid losses - unless we sell Bernardo and/or March to add their fees to the kitty.

A loan may be the pragmatic solution this summer.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011

Have to agree. Go with what we have got we will surely get relegated even if the football is prettier than last campaign. Totally reckless in only having two strikers & one of them would struggle to be a regular in most championship sides.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Zero.

We don’t do recognised leading strikers

Not sure why Murray , Maupay, Hemed, Zamora , Baldock, Ulloa and Connolly - who have effectively been our front line in the last five years and scored 100s of goals are just dismissed out of hand or forgotten when people say this.
Play offs , promotion and 4 seasons on the premier league and multiple strikers who’ve scored 10+ goals or 20+ a season.
Don’t they count ?

Locadia and Akpom weren’t the only signings at the club in the last 5 years were they ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well I think it is very possible that we don't have £25million available for a striker due to Covid losses - unless we sell Bernardo and/or March to add their fees to the kitty.

A loan may be the pragmatic solution this summer.

Agreed - I’m sure the club are being careful with Blooms ££. But they’ve shown few signs of cashing in this summer to raise funds - quite the reverse.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not sure why Murray , Maupay, Hemed, Zamora , Baldock, Ulloa and Connolly - who have effectively been our front line in the last five years and scored 100s of goals are just dismissed out of hand or forgotten when people say this.
Play offs , promotion and 4 seasons on the premier league and multiple strikers who’ve scored 10+ goals or 20+ a season.
Don’t they count ?

Locadia and Akpom weren’t the only signings at the club in the last 5 years were they ?
Hemed !!! Desperate times. Might have to get him back on the cheap.i see him and his Mrs met the Beckham's yesterday potentially talking about a Miami move for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here