Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How big is Mitoma back in Japan

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
The girl next to Mitoma in Puma Japan ad is Haruna Kawaguchi, 28 years old. The video below was filmed 14 years ago (2009), when she was 14 years old (it was a tv ad for a Japanese sports beverage). Hmm,14 years ago, hmm, it made me feel I've got old and time flies! (and Mitoma was only 11 or 12 years ago when the ad was on tv)

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The girl next to Mitoma in Puma Japan ad is Haruna Kawaguchi, 28 years old. The video below was filmed 14 years ago (2009), when she was 14 years old (it was a tv ad for a Japanese sports beverage). Hmm,14 years ago, hmm, it made me feel I've got old and time flies! (and Mitoma was only 11 or 12 years ago when the ad was on tv)

I don't think a drink called Pocari Sweat would do so well in the UK.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
I don't think a drink called Pocari Sweat would do so well in the UK.

It was often said so, I mean, many people kept saying that the name wouldn't sound good to English speaking people o_O . The drink was already well known in Japan 40 years ago (it was before I was born, though), so, it was when globalization didn't reach Japan yet. Hence, the company gave the strange name to their drink. The drink got "too famous" for the company to rename it :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Cow Piss (Calpis) tv ad

Tv ads of Calpis and Pocari Sweat bring me back high school memories because a lot of their tv ads are related to Japanese high school life. This is a Pocari Sweat tv ad.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Another similar example is Calpis.

It's a Japanese popular drink. It was first made in 1919, more than 100 years ago. If Japanese people pronounce Calpis, it sounds like "Cow Piss":ROFLMAO:
You forgot to mention that it's also white!

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
You forgot to mention that it's also white!

It's also white? You mean, cow piss (cow urinate) is white?. I didn't know that!. Yes, Calpis (the Japanese drink) is white, though.

About Calpis (Wikipedia in English) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calpis

It seems the Japanese drink (Calpis) is called Calpico in English speaking countries. Yeah, the original name (Japanese name) is not good for English speaking markets :ROFLMAO:
image11.jpg

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Sorry, this thread is getting like Cow Piss thread. I should post some new videos that show Mitoma is big in Japan.

Another Puma Japan video

Japanese beer ad (Sapporo beer)

Hugo Boss Japan

Pen magazine interview

There are many mores, but I'll stop here.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's also white? You mean, cow piss (cow urinate) is white?. I didn't know that!. Yes, Calpis (the Japanese drink) is white, though.

About Calpis (Wikipedia in English) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calpis

It seems the Japanese drink (Calpis) is called Calpico in English speaking countries. Yeah, the original name (Japanese name) is not good for English speaking markets :ROFLMAO:
image11.jpg
No, I just meant the drink is white, which makes the name even funnier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here