Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How big is Mitoma back in Japan

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
In Japan, a few channels such as SPOTVNOW and Ameba are broadcasting EPL games including Brighton's games. Mitoma is big in Japan, so soon after each game ends, they upload "Mitoma Cam" videos onto Youtube. Here is the Mitoma Cam of today's game. Btw, I like the Mitoma involved corner. Ah, the video is available in UK too?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
How big is Mitoma regarded in the pantheon of Albion wingers? I rate him on a par with Tony Towner who has been severely underrated. I also liked Paul Brooker an Paul Macdonald.
Yeh, you know I reckon Mitoma, is a better player than Paul MacDonald and may even be up there with Brooker :)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Good player but didn’t have the skill that Mitoma Towner Brooker to get to the dead ball line to deliver really dangerous crosses in my view. Nor the finishing ability of Towner or Mitoma
Tend to agree and also suggest what currently places Mitoma apart from any Albion wide player I've see over the years is that he's consistently delivering at a very high level in the Premier League (and internationally for Japan). :mitoma:

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Tend to agree and also suggest what currently places Mitoma apart from any Albion wide player I've see over the years is that he's consistently delivering at a very high level in the Premier League (and internationally for Japan). :mitoma:
Sometimes players ability is not recognised by serendipity. I think players such as Towner could have been recognised given the chance.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
I happen to find this video on twitter. The Chinese interviewer is saying "You are very popular among Chinese fans", so Mitoma is big in China as well ;)?. Mitoma might be helping Brighton become "big in Asia" (y)

It seems it's a video of Chinese media taking an interview with Mitoma (no Japanese - Chinese interpreter, so they were speaking in English and the subtitles are Chinese). It seems he is big among football fans in Asia. In the last FIFA World Cup (Qatar 2022), I was rooting for national teams from Asian Football Confederation (=Japan, South Korea, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Qatar). Half of them (Japan, South Korea, Australia) reached the knockout stage. Just like I was rooting for Asian teams (including Australia), it seems Asian football fans tend to root for footballers from Asia, hence Mitoma is big in Asia, I guess.

:mitoma2:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wonder how high this will go……

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
Wonder how high this will go……

Man some of the stuff they auction… who is buying Lamptey’s worn training shorts?! 0 bids right now so maybe truly nobody but what an odd thing to auction.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Paul Brooker was a very skilful player as was Tony Towner
Brooker was great……when the sun shone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here