Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How big is Mitoma back in Japan

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't think a drink called Pocari Sweat would do so well in the UK.
You can buy it in Brighton. When I was over for the summer they were selling it in the Asian supermarket in sydney street.

I don't recommend it though. Drink too much of it and it'll make your sweat smell like vinegar. It's pretty grim. And it doesn't taste that nice to start with. Go for Aquarius instead.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I’m still yet to see a Brighton replica shirt worn by a local here. That’ll be the benchmark for having truly made a mark.
It happened to me yesterday for the first time ever. Well, it was a Europa league black hoodie, which I think threw me a bit, but, there it was, the Albion badge, worn by a local.
I always thought if I saw one, I'd give them a grin and a gormless thumbs up or something, but honestly, I was just so shocked. Did a massive double take and I think the fella looked a bit freaked out.
A while back I was at a zoo and my son was wearing his Mitoma shirt. At least 3 people commented on it as they passed, one person even saying 'Brighton' rather than 'Mitoma'.
Heady days.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It happened to me yesterday for the first time ever. Well, it was a Europa league black hoodie, which I think threw me a bit, but, there it was, the Albion badge, worn by a local.
I always thought if I saw one, I'd give them a grin and a gormless thumbs up or something, but honestly, I was just so shocked. Did a massive double take and I think the fella looked a bit freaked out.
A while back I was at a zoo and my son was wearing his Mitoma shirt. At least 3 people commented on it as they passed, one person even saying 'Brighton' rather than 'Mitoma'.
Heady days.
Yeah I wore the stripes on a trip to Osaka last month and had two occasions of locals shouting "Brighton! Mitoma!" at me in the street. Actually rather annoying TBH. The price of fame now I guess. Still yet to see a local wearing one. I guess they have to buy it from the club shop and have it shipped over at great cost. Whereas the Big 6 have their shirts in the high street sports shops. I bet there'd be loads if our shirts were in Soccer Shop Kamo with the big boys.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah I wore the stripes on a trip to Osaka last month and had two occasions of locals shouting "Brighton! Mitoma!" at me in the street. Actually rather annoying TBH. The price of fame now I guess. Still yet to see a local wearing one. I guess they have to buy it from the club shop and have it shipped over at great cost. Whereas the Big 6 have their shirts in the high street sports shops. I bet there'd be loads if our shirts were in Soccer Shop Kamo with the big boys.
Heady days.
I saw a small kid in a Brighton Mitoma shirt at an Omiya Ardija game a few weeks back.

I played it cool by nodding and saying nice shirt. The kid and his parents looked blankly at me.

The game, if you are interested, was awful. Reminiscent in the cluelessness of the teams to watching us when we were floundering around the arse end of the fourth division. It was strangely comforting!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I saw a small kid in a Brighton Mitoma shirt at an Omiya Ardija game a few weeks back.

I played it cool by nodding and saying nice shirt. The kid and his parents looked blankly at me.

The game, if you are interested, was awful. Reminiscent in the cluelessness of the teams to watching us when we were floundering around the arse end of the fourth division. It was strangely comforting!
I used to be a regular at the Nack5 a few years back. I like it's Withdeanesque atmosphere and the very small bit of terracing that they have where you can stand with a beer. I haven't been since they went down to J2 (bad fan!). My avatar is Ardy-kun their mascot. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They can’t even get stock levels right at the Amex, let alone 8000 miles away 🤣

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

I used to be a regular at the Nack5 a few years back. I like it's Withdeanesque atmosphere and the very small bit of terracing that they have where you can stand with a beer. I haven't been since they went down to J2 (bad fan!). My avatar is Ardy-kun their mascot. :lolol:
Took my son to see Sanfrecce once this season. Hadn't been in years. Back then I thought it was fairly impressive and scoffed at the arrogance of Premier league big 6 fans who poo pooed the level of football in the J-league.
But as a a newly minted fan of a top 6 Premier league club, I had to admit, it was a bit shit compared to De Zerbi ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here