Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are you feeling about the new season?

What are your thoughts on the new season?

• I can't wait - it's always exciting.

Votes: 60 27.0%
  • So-so - I'm still in Summer/holiday mode.

Votes: 38 17.1%
  • Apprehensive - the Albion squad is not ready.

Votes: 97 43.7%
  • Dreading it - we're going to struggle.

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Where's the option for "? ? ? ? ? ? ?"

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Always excited and always apprehensive : it's what being an Albion fan is like for me! I think it is right to be cautious about our chances - given Sami is new, is relatively inexperienced (but exciting potentially!), given the re-shaping of the team, and the long term strategy of the Club...getting the infratsructure right gives us the long term platform, but we have committed to FFP whoch means in the short term we will miss out on certain players for whom the Club looks attractive in every way but for the wages we are prepared to pay, and we will sell players for profit when we need to. This sounds like strategies that Arsenal and Southampton (maybe swansea?) have deployed to greater or lesser extents...I am OK with this, but it does come with risk attached in terms of performances, expectations and Season ticket sales - we will see churn as prices go up, as people who thought they would get in early in case we got to the premiership decide waiting is tedious, as people fall in and out of love with the Club, as the novelty of the Amex wears off...it happens, and it happens a lot down here...
I'm in for the ride as I always have been; will be in my normal seat on saturday, have got me Birmingham tickets and fully expect it all to be a tough, finger nail-bitingly, beer swillingly roller coaster of a ride. As I have said before, if Southampton and Swansea are possible templates for us, then we are not that far off as good as we might expect!! Our time will come - and these times are what will make that time all the sweeter!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It hinges on our left back after the ease in which Derby got past on their right.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Can't be anything but excited - we haven't conceded a goal in a league game yet and there's still everything to play for. I may feel different if we're absent any points by the end of the month but at the moment - bring it on! :albion2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He didn't actually say that though did he? I thought it was more to do with fans who didn't like the football or the number of goals scored, which are a small percentage of the churners, that then decided to bin their tickets. These were the ones that he said weren't real fans. I did smile as I read that and wonder why he didn't say customers rather than fans :smile:

Well, I don't think he should be dismissive of ANY punters or potential punters. And I generally like what he says...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here