Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are you feeling about the new season?

What are your thoughts on the new season?

• I can't wait - it's always exciting.

Votes: 60 27.0%
  • So-so - I'm still in Summer/holiday mode.

Votes: 38 17.1%
  • Apprehensive - the Albion squad is not ready.

Votes: 97 43.7%
  • Dreading it - we're going to struggle.

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Where's the option for "? ? ? ? ? ? ?"

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Meh.

Not bothered by the supposed lack of signings, just not motivated whatsoever by the start of the season. Hopefully it will come back by Saturday.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have a nagging feeling about whether Sami is up to the job which along with the weakening of the squad makes me think this may be the toughest season we've had for a while. Supporting a relegation threatened team can be just as much of a thrill ride as supporting a table topping one though :smile:

In short I'm not confident.

This is my take exactly. Obviously the squad needs strengthening desperately but i also have doubts over the appointment of Sami. I'm just not comfortable with him in charge.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
What are your thoughts on the new season?

A bit gutted if we don't bring anymore players in before Saturday. The first half dozen fixtures look favourable for us. It will be a real shame if we come away from any of those games saying if only we had a bit more quality, we would have won. Important to get off to a good start and not have to play catch up purely because the transfer window doesn't shut until the end of August and we've waited until the lady knockings to buy players.

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
This is my take exactly. Obviously the squad needs strengthening desperately but i also have doubts over the appointment of Sami. I'm just not comfortable with him in charge.

I go with this two. I am pleased by the signings that have been made over the summer. They are experienced good quality players but there have just not been enough of them.

We need a decent scoring striker to share the workload up front and a left back. Only when we get those in will we really be competitive.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am very much looking forward to September when I hope our squad will be complete but I'm a little apprehensive about August. I'll still have an amazing time on Saturday though. :)

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'm looking forward to it, but then I like to focus on positives.

Team wise, the options up front are a bit limited. But I think the rest of the team looks ok.

Decent keeper.
Same RB(s)
One change at CB (yeah ok, it's the player of the season who's gone)
LB - I think Chicksen looks an exciting young footballer.
Midfield - Stephens, Crofts, Toko, Ince, JFC. That looks good to me
Forwards - Buckley, Kaz, Solly
Strikers - CMS, COG, Shamir

A new manager with a different style of football.

.................................... and then there's KEMI :)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm very excited because I think with the 3+1 new players you've been telling us will sign, it's going to be a cracker! :rolleyes:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Excited, as always.

The fact that people are talking about not going or not renewing season tickets because of the lack of signings, pretty much sums up the state of football these days.

So fickle.

This. Also the 'fans' that are writing off the team and even the manager before a competitive ball has been kicked. ****ing idiots. Still, they're probably unsatisfied in most aspects of their life so whinging is nothing new to them.

I'm the same as i've been every season before - excited that we've got football back. We know the team needs new faces but it'll be interesting to see how Sami sets up and works with the players he's got. I trust Sami and the board to do all they can to help us do well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Always excited and always positive. Every match is an opportunity to drink, meet up with mates and hopefully see a great game of football which we hopefully win. It is as simple as that and its the same whatever division we are in, whatever team we have and whoever is in charge.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Excited, as always.

The fact that people are talking about not going or not renewing season tickets because of the lack of signings, pretty much sums up the state of football these days.

So fickle.

Always been that way. What you seem to forget is NSC is NOT representative of the wider (more fickle) fanbase. These fickle supporters WILL walk if we're not competitive. As predicted, they already are...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Always been that way. What you seem to forget is NSC is NOT representative of the wider (more fickle) fanbase. These fickle supporters WILL walk if we're not competitive. As predicted, they already are...

Based on what info?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This. Also the 'fans' that are writing off the team and even the manager before a competitive ball has been kicked. ****ing idiots. Still, they're probably unsatisfied in most aspects of their life so whinging is nothing new to them.

I'm the same as i've been every season before - excited that we've got football back. We know the team needs new faces but it'll be interesting to see how Sami sets up and works with the players he's got. I trust Sami and the board to do all they can to help us do well.

Your assumptions about other people's lives are pig ignorant (not for the first time). You really need to be less judgemental. Just because others see things differently, doesn't mean they are in some way inferior to you.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Excited, as always.

So fickle.
It's got nothing to do with being fickle or the state of football these days. Bha has raised the bar and peoples expectations.
We have a fabulous stadium, wonderful training facilities,huge crowds,massive potential but sadly people are deflated of the continuing sale of our best players and not replacing them. Forget the whingers who moan about Harveys going up, it's all about our squad for the new season. It's weak and threadbare for a club with the motto - one club one ambition. Premier league ready? Not yet i'm afraid.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Based on what info?

PB admitted we are 7% down on ST sales. Not surprising, given the club's under-investment in the 1st team squad. Do keep up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
PB admitted we are 7% down on ST sales. Not surprising, given the club's under-investment in the 1st team squad. Do keep up.

Paul Barber explained that season ticket sales drop in all clubs for a number of reasons. Death of sth, loss of jobs, moving away to another area, changing jobs, marriage breakups etc.
He said that the club's job was to build on the fan base from the occasional visitors, which prompted the lady who went to Gillingham to ask her question (much derided on here) about winning and keeping new fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It will all slowly fall into place , wait and see.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

If you think that the 7% drop is purely down to lack of squad investment, then you're clearly as "pig ignorant" as you claim I am. There's a myriad of reasons why people don't renew: change of financial circumstances, change in family circumstances, geographical reasons. Not everyone has the view of "well, we've not got a replacement for Ulloa, balls to it i'm not going anymore". Thankfully a fair number of fans (and i'll leave you out of this demographic) are a bit more level headed than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here