Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are you feeling about the new season?

What are your thoughts on the new season?

• I can't wait - it's always exciting.

Votes: 60 27.0%
  • So-so - I'm still in Summer/holiday mode.

Votes: 38 17.1%
  • Apprehensive - the Albion squad is not ready.

Votes: 97 43.7%
  • Dreading it - we're going to struggle.

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Where's the option for "? ? ? ? ? ? ?"

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excited, as always.

The fact that people are talking about not going or not renewing season tickets because of the lack of signings, pretty much sums up the state of football these days.

So fickle.

These days? Really? it's ALWAYS been like that at Brighton. We have more fair weather fans than just about any club in the country imo.

Check the crowds as we came through Division 3 and 2 and into 1, then check them as we went the other way.

I think the frustration on here stems from having everything in place except where it matters most ( to most fans).on the pitch. Yes I do know we have done rather well lately but we do seem to have be going backwards from the day Poyet threw his toys out of the pram. This close season feels like we are about to take a big step backwards, plenty of reason to be a bit fed up I think?

Last edited:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Apprehensive- the Albion squad is not ready

With the under-investment in the first team is not a good start.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am a tad trepidatious of our prospects with the squad we have and of the slightly dour belief that we've gone from a side tinged with glamour to a drove of battlehardy workhorses all fighting for the cause, earnestly and bravely, yet without the flair-dappled identity I want to become accustomed to. I love the Albion and the side'll get my full and roaring support, but I do want to be entertained and I hope that a few old dazzlers like Buckley and CMS will remain injury-free for a little while and please my soul enough to cheer thrilledly through victory and defeat.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It seems that Brighton fans are not the only ones.

[tweet]496965856845660160[/tweet]

Yes, but we are talking about Wednesday :lolol:. Are they our competition now? Or are we serious about challenging for the top 6 again?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Taunton to Westbury.

Westbury to Southampton

Southampton to Brighton.

An hour or so in the Lord Nelson. A couple of hours or so at the match.

B&B

Brighton to Southampton

Southampton to Westbury

Westbury to Taunton

PLEASE let the season be worth the money/hours spent !

Last edited:

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
I am confident that we will finish in the playoffs again and get a few decent signings by the end of the month.
Im sure the youngsters will be working thier butts off to try and keep a first team place. We definitely have enough quality to do well in August.

Confident that bloom and his band of merry men know what they're doing amd working hard on making sure they bring in top quality players.

Lookong forward to deadline day, want to see a helicopter arrive at the Amex at 10.30 will a gem of a signing. [emoji4]

UTA

As with the majority, apprehensive. But not feeling so bad about that because that's the realistic view most people share, if everyone was optimistic I'd be wondering what kind of deluded fan base I'm part of. As it is, if Sami manages to grind out some decent results in the easier run of fixtures in the first couple of months, they will have the potential to be treated as a mini triumph, so that's the optimistic thing to look forward to

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Looking forward to regular trips to the amex with friends, a little concerned about whether I'm going to enjoy the football under Sami given the reviews of the friendlies, but fully aware the friendlies aren't necessarily indicative of anything. Also hoping that the fans in the west upper are going to be at least slightly less negative than those around me in the west lower were.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
PB admitted we are 7% down on ST sales. Not surprising, given the club's under-investment in the 1st team squad. Do keep up.

What he actually said was that the churn rate was 7%

Churn rate (sometimes called attrition rate), in its broadest sense, is a measure of the number of individuals or items moving out of a collective group over a specific period of time. It is one of two primary factors that determine the steady-state level of customers a business will support. The term is used in many contexts, but is most widely applied in business with respect to a contractual customer base. For instance, it is an important factor for any business with a subscriber-based service model, including mobile telephone networks and pay TV operators. The term is also used to refer to participant turnover in peer-to-peer networks. Churn rate is an important input into customer lifetime value modeling, and can be part of a simulator used to measure Return on Marketing Investment using Marketing Mix Modeling.

Oh good!!! I am a customer again and not a fan! :laugh:

What he also failed to point out is that the numbers down are 7% (1610 fans cancelled on ave 23000 season ticket holders) he did not mention the numbers that have left that have been replaced by new fans so that actually figure could be 12% (2760 fans have not renewed but we have resigned 1150 new ones in total).

That is not good business as eventually you will run out of Customers. This is a local brand operating in a local community, you can't nip of to europe and sell to fans there, it doesn't work like that. The club need to establish why these fans have left and try to address it (many i suspect will return when the team performs well).

The one think that sticks out to me is the new prices in the Amex this season, yet the majority of away games last season it all appeared relatively cheap, i think a pie at Blackburn was about £2.50. Maybe the club need to realise that its fine having high quality food at a high quality price but they also need to cater for lesser well off families.

i.e. That famous baked bean brand verses the supermarket brand if you know what i mean.

I can buy a pukka pie in the supermarket for £2.50 to take to the game and there just as good as the piglet pantry pies.

Greed not need??? time will tell...................:fishing:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've voted the first option as I am always excited for the start of the season, however I fear we may struggle in the early stages at least.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What he actually said was that the churn rate was 7%

Churn rate (sometimes called attrition rate), in its broadest sense, is a measure of the number of individuals or items moving out of a collective group over a specific period of time. It is one of two primary factors that determine the steady-state level of customers a business will support. The term is used in many contexts, but is most widely applied in business with respect to a contractual customer base. For instance, it is an important factor for any business with a subscriber-based service model, including mobile telephone networks and pay TV operators. The term is also used to refer to participant turnover in peer-to-peer networks. Churn rate is an important input into customer lifetime value modeling, and can be part of a simulator used to measure Return on Marketing Investment using Marketing Mix Modeling.

Oh good!!! I am a customer again and not a fan! :laugh:

What he also failed to point out is that the numbers down are 7% (1610 fans cancelled on ave 23000 season ticket holders) he did not mention the numbers that have left that have been replaced by new fans so that actually figure could be 12% (2760 fans have not renewed but we have resigned 1150 new ones in total).

That is not good business as eventually you will run out of Customers. This is a local brand operating in a local community, you can't nip of to europe and sell to fans there, it doesn't work like that. The club need to establish why these fans have left and try to address it (many i suspect will return when the team performs well).

The one think that sticks out to me is the new prices in the Amex this season, yet the majority of away games last season it all appeared relatively cheap, i think a pie at Blackburn was about £2.50. Maybe the club need to realise that its fine having high quality food at a high quality price but they also need to cater for lesser well off families.

i.e. That famous baked bean brand verses the supermarket brand if you know what i mean.

I can buy a pukka pie in the supermarket for £2.50 to take to the game and there just as good as the piglet pantry pies.

Greed not need??? time will tell...................:fishing:

The bit I didn't like was PB saying the 7% was 'normal', and then going on to say the churners aren't real fans. Arrogance and complacency IMHO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The bit I didn't like was PB saying the 7% was 'normal', and then going on to say the churners aren't real fans. Arrogance and complacency IMHO.

He didn't actually say that though did he? I thought it was more to do with fans who didn't like the football or the number of goals scored, which are a small percentage of the churners, that then decided to bin their tickets. These were the ones that he said weren't real fans. I did smile as I read that and wonder why he didn't say customers rather than fans :smile:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Very excited, after all the analysis on NSC I still haven't a clue which way it will go, brilliant!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Apprehensive. The current squad can scrape through to the end of the month but is nowhere near good enough. An actual signing with shirt being held aloft and everything would probably cheer me up.

Whoever said Wednesday have made loads of good signings - no they haven't. They've been linked with plenty of players but need the takeover of the club to happen before they can complete. They also have a long injury list. I'm actually expecting Saturday to be a dreadful game of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here