Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There does seem to be a bit of a Cult of Hoskins on here, pressumably due to him not being Ashley Barnes.

Granted he has been unlucky with injuries, but in his limited appearances for the club he has not looked all that. The game at Millwall last year, the only reason his performance was not called into questions was due to Harley's penalty attempt. OK he scored at Cardiff and looked OK against Newcastle, but then he promptly, for his own reasons decided to go to Sheffield Utd on loan, rather than fight for a place with us.

Now he did look half decent when he came on during the Huddersfield game and could have got a goal. But there is little to no evidence at present to suggest he is the magical player some on here seem to be hyping him up to be.

For the record I do hope he is decent, as he becomes another option, but I do not get the hype about him.

Agree 100%

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
There does seem to be a bit of a Cult of Hoskins on here, pressumably due to him not being Ashley Barnes.

Granted he has been unlucky with injuries, but in his limited appearances for the club he has not looked all that. The game at Millwall last year, the only reason his performance was not called into questions was due to Harley's penalty attempt. OK he scored at Cardiff and looked OK against Newcastle, but then he promptly, for his own reasons decided to go to Sheffield Utd on loan, rather than fight for a place with us.

Now he did look half decent when he came on during the Huddersfield game and could have got a goal. But there is little to no evidence at present to suggest he is the magical player some on here seem to be hyping him up to be.

For the record I do hope he is decent, as he becomes another option, but I do not get the hype about him.

I don't think it is because he isn't Ash (and I am quite happy with Ash playing and think he is a decent player) - I think it is because we know that another striker isn't coming for the forseeable future and Hoskins at least gives us another option up there which we didnt have previously.

From what I saw at Hudds he held the ball up very well, not something I had ever seen from him before (and I was at Derby last season but not Cardiff), and those who saw him play for Bristol Rovers believe him to be very good - time will tell, but at least there is another option up there now which we have desperately needed.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I saw him tear us apart at Bristol Rovers.............that was the only evidence I needed
to convince me that Hoskins when fit is a class act. I would be really pleased if he
got a good run.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
On the subject of Hoskins I found out via someone who speaks to him regularity that the swap with him and Murray was all but agreed before he broke his foot.

Nov 19, 2012
Time to give him a run out with Barnes dropping to the bench. By all accounts his hold up play was good on saturday. Seen very little of him and would like to see him start this saturday and tuesday.

Our biggest downfall is the Gus Barnes love affair,it is comparible to the Abromovich Torres affair, it`s costing the team points, Tony needs to wind Poyets neck in and tell him to admit to his mistakes and put them right

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's had 3 good performances - against us at Bristol Rovers, away at Cardiff and against Huddersfield. He needs a good performance at the AMEX really to win over more fans.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Mark my words here....

Hoskins will be pivotal against Palace a week Saturday, this will kick start his season and this guy will become an Albion legend

Strong statement I know, but there's something about Hoskins.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Mark my words here....

Hoskins will be pivotal against Palace a week Saturday, this will kick start his season and this guy will become an Albion legend

For some reason I agree. I think Hoskins is the chosen one

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Confirmed as unavailable for loan by Gus, loads of clubs wanting him apparently. Hopefully a sign he's settling in at last down south? Just pray he stays fit, because you can tell theres a very good player in there

Not surprising as his contract runs out at the end of the season and he has hardly played. He looks a good bet to score goals.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Our biggest downfall is the Gus Barnes love affair,it is comparible to the Abromovich Torres affair, it`s costing the team points, Tony needs to wind Poyets neck in and tell him to admit to his mistakes and put them right

geez ..wtf u on ...Bloom has more sense than u credit him for...plez list points lost and games..plus reasoning

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Whilst I believe Hoskins is going to come good and be important this season...your post is ridiculous. Ash is an incredibly important player for us. Though some may not see it, he provides a lot for this team in both going forward (top scorer last season, already scored a few this season from out wide) but importantly also in his defensive duties.

This is a Hoskins thread, so I'll stop talking about Barnesy, but I think both (alongside CMS) will be great this season

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I have seen him play several times and the lad is a class act. Better first touch than CMS and although he doesn't have his pace shows great positional awareness. Once he gets his fitness sorted he will be a key player for us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Mark my words here....

IF he gets a chance,which he probably won't if Painter plays.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
IF he gets a chance,which he probably won't if Painter plays.

Forgive me for being thick (it's early in the morning), but what does Marcos Painter playing or not have to do with whether Will Hoskins gets a chance?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Forgive me for being thick (it's early in the morning), but what does Marcos Painter playing or not have to do with whether Will Hoskins gets a chance?
If Bridge is there, we can be more adventurous up front. If Painter is there, we need Barnes to help out at the back. Something like that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If Bridge is there, we can be more adventurous up front. If Painter is there, we need Barnes to help out at the back. Something like that.

Saved me typing it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

If Tony Bloom started getting involved in team selection then I'd start to worry big time

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

What a load of nonsense, i think people are often blind when it comes to Barnes. The most natural goal scorer in our team, can both attack and defend and puts in a good shift when picked.

I am a fan of Hoskins from what i have seen of him before and hopefully he can build competition for places and get a run in the team, as i believe he has alot to offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here