Hoskins on his way....?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I strongly agree, with this. 200k - what, are we going to gift wrap him as well? We obviously have a problem in this area of the pitch personnel wise with Dobbie not getting a sniff & Hoskins not consistently getting a run out but if we are going to sell I hope we are not doing so cheaply. Clubs are desperate for strikers & after his goal against Newcastle I'd hope we could recoup the money we laid out on him at least. Ok so he only has 6 months left but if he does go then we need Dobbie to stay otherwise unless we get in another besides Ulloa, we may pick up injuries such as with CMS yesterday & find ourselves in trouble.

I just hate seeing talent leave.

the problem being, with six months left on his contract, we only have three weeks to off-load him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I strongly agree, with this. 200k - what, are we going to gift wrap him as well? We obviously have a problem in this area of the pitch personnel wise with Dobbie not getting a sniff & Hoskins not consistently getting a run out but if we are going to sell I hope we are not doing so cheaply. Clubs are desperate for strikers & after his goal against Newcastle I'd hope we could recoup the money we laid out on him at least. Ok so he only has 6 months left but if he does go then we need Dobbie to stay otherwise unless we get in another besides Ulloa, we may pick up injuries such as with CMS yesterday & find ourselves in trouble.

I just hate seeing talent leave.

In decades of supporting the albion we've always been a joke in selling of players Adam Virgo excepted, considering amounts other clubs have paid for similar level players, we do virtually give away our talent.

Just what we need with an 8 million loss

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Id love us to keep him but with Ulloa coming in it will be hard to keep potentially 6 strikers happy. One might have to be moved on to free up wages.

Hoskins
Barnes
Dobbie
CMS
Ulloa
Agdestien

Inevitably either Hoskins, Dobbie or Barnes will be shown the exit.

Hello ???? Knocking on some dead wood for brain ... BARNES ??? You, I and nearly everyone else on here knows that Barnes is integral to Gus's team. If he wasnt, he would have been gone before we got into the Championship . End of . How many more f***ing times does it have to be said .

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Hello ???? Knocking on some dead wood for brain ... BARNES ??? You, I and nearly everyone else on here knows that Barnes is integral to Gus's team. If he wasnt, he would have been gone before we got into the Championship . End of . How many more f***ing times does it have to be said .

loaaaadddssss more times yet:mad:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If we get nothing in the next 17/18 days, he goes for free in June.

I'm know Tony Bloom, but I know what I'd do, if it is unlikely the club want to keep him / offer him a new competitive deal etc.

Lets agree, he can go on a free in june. I would want more than 200k,maybe some suitors cannot wait (if they think,he is the one ) until then.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In decades of supporting the albion we've always been a joke in selling of players Adam Virgo excepted, considering amounts other clubs have paid for similar level players, we do virtually give away our talent.

Just what we need with an 8 million loss

Yes, but as has been pointed out, you're not going to get much for a player who only has six months left on his contract. He'll be off in the summer on a free if we don't cash in now, and will barely play in the meantime, if at all. So I'd bite their hands off for £200,000 and getting him off the wage bill.

I don't know why Hoskins is so highly rated by some on here. When he has played he has looked quite good, no more than that. Good luck to him and all that, but he won't come back to haunt us like Murray did.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
can't understand all these people wanting to sell 1st team squad members, unless you lot know something different, it takes a good squad to get promoted as well as a strong 11, we have not signed the Argie yet, and if we don't then we lack another striker on the bench if Hoskins goes with a bit of quality and he certainly has that.

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks. Makes a lot more sense now. Any idea who es management are?

A quick look on the FIFA approved agent list for England shows several agents whose company names could use a twitter handle of ES Management.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Huddersfield interested...? Has a lot on his mind and couldn't sleep last night apparently according to Twitter.

Wouldn't be surprised unfortunately but always seems to have been a bit of an attitude thing there possibly ? Used to being a big fish at previous clubs also possibly the problem.

Will be another massive fcuk up by Gus if Hoskins goes

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bit of an attitude!? How?

He has a tough time off-the-pitch since he joined the Albion with a still-born baby; struggled to settle in as a result of this. Caused him to have a low self-esteem and unfortunately being burdened with injuries all the time.

The guy has only just managed to find his feet at the club and everyone around the club was over the moon when he scored against the Toon - Gus' celebration said it all for me - you cannot say he has "a bit of an attitude" because of this.

His wife has just had another baby which may have been the reason for him not getting much sleep. He mentioned in another tweet that he had a couple of days off so will have gone to Nottm to see his family.
I doubt that Gus 'has it in for him' for requesting to go on loan last season, when he wanted to be near his family following the death of his little girl. Gus seems to be a family man and would have sympathy for him in that circumstance. He's had a lot of problems with injuries and had surgery at the end of last season too. It's not worked out for him here but I did hope that it would.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Id love us to keep him but with Ulloa coming in it will be hard to keep potentially 6 strikers happy. One might have to be moved on to free up wages.

Hoskins
Barnes
Dobbie
CMS
Ulloa
Agdestien

Inevitably either Hoskins, Dobbie or Barnes will be shown the exit.

Looking at the list like that I am stuck on who i'd let go. Prob Dobbie and Hoskins but id be gutted to see Hoskins go. Dobbie...meh...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Hoskins seems to get cut quite a lot of slack by people on here. His goalscoring record at this level is virtually nil and, aside from one good season for Bristol Rovers, he has hardly pulled up any trees over the last five years anywhere.

Would be surprised if he went on to embarrass the club after leaving à la Murray.

I cannot understand the 'love in' on NSC with Hoskins?? Baffling!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
However CMS being injured yesterday was the perfect opportunity for Gus to play him and build on his goal against Newcastle. Gus didn't which sends a major message to the player. Probably wouldn't have left last week but the events of the last few days must have made him consider if he has a future here.

Apart from his goal against Newcastle i felt he was off the pace in the game and didn't offer that much.

With CMS out, Gus probably went for Barnes because, from what he has seen in training, etc.. that Barnes would be more effective playing up front on his own than Hoskins, but it isn't a sign that he doesn't think Hoskins is up to it but could have been purely tactical. He probably didn't get on again for tactical reasons, because after other results this season where Gus didn't go defensive towards the end when we were under pressure and paid the price, he decided to use Crofts and Dicker rather than add another forward. If Hoskins had come on and we had drawn, would some of the fans be calling for Gus to go or slating Hoskins for offering nothing, etc as with earlier criticism this season. :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will be another massive fcuk up by Gus if Hoskins goes

Even a simpleton like you can't blame Gus surely. Had he even made 10 appearances yet ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not playing yesterday must have been a problem for Hoskins ! He wants first team football (They all do )....I rate the player,however 200k,is a joke. Why is it when we want a striker they cost and want zillions,and when we sell one ,its a give-away .....? At least 500k plus add ons,if all concerned feel that is best for the player.IMO although i rate him i feel he will only ever be one of the strikers at this level .

His contract runs out on the 30th June. If he leaves in the January transfer window he will have some job security instead of fretting over whether he will be given another contract next season or scrambling to get another club to sign him after he is released.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Huddersfield interested...? Has a lot on his mind and couldn't sleep last night apparently according to Twitter.

Wouldn't be surprised unfortunately but always seems to have been a bit of an attitude thing there possibly ? Used to being a big fish at previous clubs also possibly the problem.

Hope so. Has trouble hitting barn doors.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is CMS still with us then? I'm sure someone said he was signing for Leeds yesterday...

I'd like to see Hoskins stick around, but not sure how all of the strikers would fit in, even looking from a squad point of view. Dobbie will come good, I'm sure. with all of the games in the next couple of weeks, I expect him to play a part.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
I don't see anything to suggest that Hoskins is worth keeping. At 26 he only has 52 goals in over 200 appearances, and most of his goals were in his early career at Rotherham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports