Hoskins on his way....?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Huddersfield interested...? Has a lot on his mind and couldn't sleep last night apparently according to Twitter.

Wouldn't be surprised unfortunately but always seems to have been a bit of an attitude thing there possibly ? Used to being a big fish at previous clubs also possibly the problem.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Where'd you hear Hudds interested? Wouldn't be surprised-we've at least one striker too many.

Edit: IF Ulloa signs.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'd be shocked if Hoskins gets the boot.
He looks like he's developing into a great striker, possibly better than any of our other strikers this season so far.

If he does get the boot, it's got to do with something else rather than ability?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hoskins out, Ulloa and Seba in?

Not a wish, just a thought.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Time to cut our losses, biggest waste of money at the club.

Always looks dangerous when allowed to play but never gets the same game time as others. Perhaps it his attitude on the training ground that's the problem, but his confidence will not improve unless he's given a chance.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I'm not sure what planet you're on, but he certainly hasn't looked like he's developing into a great striker from where I've been sitting!

I think he can do a job at this level, but he's not going to improve any more. He's a useful back up player, but no great loss if he goes.

Got to agree with all of this, I would much rather keep CMS and sell hoskins/Dobbie.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I would be really disappointed if we did let him go. You can see he's capable of scoring regularly, he just needs the opportunity. The clinical finish against Newcastle showed exactly what we've been missing this season, somebody capable of pulling the trigger when in a good scoring position.

He could come back to haunt us like Murray and I can't see we'd be able to get much money for him considering his lack of games.

Give the guy a run in the team and then decide in the summer. He was a bit unlucky with injury but since coming back he just hasn't been given a chance. I don't think anyone can say he's had a fair crack of the whip here.

I'd sooner lose CMS than Hoskins

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I haven't been wholly impressed with him. On occasion there's a lovely touch but i see him too easily bustled off the ball if playing up front and out wide he's been a bit anonymous. Barnes seemed a competent line-leader yesterday and Hoskins didn't get a sniff-in, and maybe that was telling. He might well be thinking he needs his bloody chance somewhere and make a name for himself again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would be really disappointed if we did let him go. You can see he's capable of scoring regularly, he just needs the opportunity. The clinical finish against Newcastle showed exactly what we've been missing this season, somebody capable of pulling the trigger when in a good scoring position.

He could come back to haunt us like Murray and I can't see we'd be able to get much money for him considering his lack of games.

Give the guy a run in the team and then decide in the summer. He was a bit unlucky with injury but since coming back he just hasn't been given a chance. I don't think anyone can say he's had a fair crack of the whip here.

I'd sooner lose CMS than Hoskins

Agreed, but you need to earn your place and for whatever reason the playing staff don't think he is deserving of it. Family moving back from Brighton can't have helped.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Can't get my head around the Dobbie situation. If he's sold on then there's been a big failure somewhere within the club after that epic last day of the window. I guess they can't get the blend right every time

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Id love us to keep him but with Ulloa coming in it will be hard to keep potentially 6 strikers happy. One might have to be moved on to free up wages.

Hoskins
Barnes
Dobbie
CMS
Ulloa
Agdestien

Inevitably either Hoskins, Dobbie or Barnes will be shown the exit.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Not up to it at this level unfortunately. He needs a fresh start up north and to re-focus on his football again and spend less time thinking about his hairstyle and ugg boots.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It must be tough for Hoskins, with a young family based (I think) up north. Perhaps his keen-ness to show what he can do is so he gets a decent move a bit closer to home? However all this is pure conjecture.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think the club will accept any reasonable offers but not sure he'd be keen to uproot his young family up north, may as well play out he contract and see what offers you get in the Summer.

EDIT: Reading Lush's post above apparently his family is still up north so ignore me.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Always looks dangerous when allowed to play but never gets the same game time as others. Perhaps it his attitude on the training ground that's the problem, but his confidence will not improve unless he's given a chance.

Those times have been too few and far between though, as you say I think there is something else wrong behind the scenes which we are not party to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports