Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins on his way....?

Dec 29, 2011
Id love us to keep him but with Ulloa coming in it will be hard to keep potentially 6 strikers happy. One might have to be moved on to free up wages.

Hoskins
Barnes
Dobbie
CMS
Ulloa
Agdestien

Inevitably either Hoskins, Dobbie or Barnes will be shown the exit.

Barnes will never leave, and I don't think Agdestein would be worth much or be taking up wages. Therefore in order of most likely to leave I'd say Dobbie on loan is top, he's on big wages and not playing a part, Hoskins is second as Gus doesn't seem to like him, he's on big wages and last 6 months of contract, CMS is third as he'd command a big fee and free up wages

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the club will accept any reasonable offers but not sure he'd be keen to uproot his young family up north, may as well play out he contract and see what offers you get in the Summer.

EDIT: Reading Lush's post above apparently his family is still up north so ignore me.

Nottingham to Huddersfield is about 60 miles, so they wouldn't need to move

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Id love us to keep him but with Ulloa coming in it will be hard to keep potentially 6 strikers happy. One might have to be moved on to free up wages.

Hoskins
Barnes
Dobbie
CMS
Ulloa
Agdestien

Inevitably either Hoskins, Dobbie or Barnes will be shown the exit.

Very generous to include Agdestein in that list. Barnes won't be shown the door any time soon, it's very telling that with CMS out, Gus chose Barnes to lead the line rather than Hoskins.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Ulloa comes in then we'll have 5 first team strikers. Even if Gus were to start playing 2 up, we're going to have to sell at least one of them.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Huddersfield interested...? Has a lot on his mind and couldn't sleep last night apparently according to Twitter.

Wouldn't be surprised unfortunately but always seems to have been a bit of an attitude thing there possibly ? Used to being a big fish at previous clubs also possibly the problem.

Bit of an attitude!? How?

He has a tough time off-the-pitch since he joined the Albion with a still-born baby; struggled to settle in as a result of this. Caused him to have a low self-esteem and unfortunately being burdened with injuries all the time.

The guy has only just managed to find his feet at the club and everyone around the club was over the moon when he scored against the Toon - Gus' celebration said it all for me - you cannot say he has "a bit of an attitude" because of this.

Strongly disagree.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit of an attitude!? How?

He has a tough time off-the-pitch since he joined the Albion with a still-born baby; struggled to settle in as a result of this. Caused him to have a low self-esteem and unfortunately being burdened with injuries all the time.

The guy has only just managed to find his feet at the club and everyone around the club was over the moon when he scored against the Toon - Gus' celebration said it all for me - you cannot say he has "a bit of an attitude" because of this.

Strongly disagree.

I'm just guessing, but how else do you explain it ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Two words: Panic buying.

Nonsense, he is a good player being completely wasted here. I get the impression his face doesn't really fit. He's a bit of a luxury player and that's not the type of player who is going to excel under Gus. Note Ryan Harley!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gus being naive probably. Hoskins definitely has the criteria to take this league by storm! He fits into the role CMS cannot fulfil perfectly.

Ah righto.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Nonsense, he is a good player being completely wasted here. I get the impression his face doesn't really fit. He's a bit of a luxury player and that's not the type of player who is going to excel under Gus. Note Ryan Harley!

OH I totally agree that he is a good player that I hoped he could do great things here! I get the impression from what I hear from what Gus says to media et al is that he just wanted to buy a striker during transfer deadline day for his "statement of intent" when he heard a premier league striker was available he jumped right on the opportunity without thinking and that for me ruins a footballer when the gaffer finds out he is not what he was looking for.

Definitely a great player just a shame Gus does not seem to fit him into the team!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my thoughts have been for some time about certain players
Forster
Murray
both what I would consider(and obviously GUS too) disloyal to the Albion thats not saying they were not good players.
now we all know what happened with Hoskins and Sheffield United and what was said at the time so unless Gus has a great change of attitude about these things ......you get the idea

simples

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
repeat post

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Not fishing at all, he has been with us over 2 years and has hardly kicked a ball for us as he is always injured

Over 2 years? Signed summer 2011, had a misdiagnosed double hernia so not really "injured all the time" but one lengthy injury, similar to what happened with Murray

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Much rather see Barnes, Dobbie and CMS leave before Hoskins, as far as I'm concerned he's our best option right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here