Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins on his way....?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Hoskins is a great player. His sharpness will return with game time, something Gus seems reluctant to give him. If he goes I can see a repeat of the Murray situation...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Perhaps he's been offered out on loan.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Don't understand some comments on this thread. I know CMS is our top scorer but Hoskins IMO is our best striker by far in terms of fitting into the way we play. He should be last on the list of people to get rid of

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I think the club will accept any reasonable offers but not sure he'd be keen to uproot his young family up north, may as well play out he contract and see what offers you get in the Summer.

EDIT: Reading Lush's post above apparently his family is still up north so ignore me.

The OP still hasn't said where he got Hudds from...

He probly saw same tweet as me

@es_management: [MENTION=17904]htfc[/MENTION]lukehindle #htfc will get Will Hoskins from #bhafc for £200k, should go thru Tuesday

Would be a shame as I rate him higher then CMS

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Bit of an attitude!? How?

He has a tough time off-the-pitch since he joined the Albion with a still-born baby; struggled to settle in as a result of this. Caused him to have a low self-esteem and unfortunately being burdened with injuries all the time.

The guy has only just managed to find his feet at the club and everyone around the club was over the moon when he scored against the Toon - Gus' celebration said it all for me - you cannot say he has "a bit of an attitude" because of this.

Strongly disagree.

I strongly agree, with this. 200k - what, are we going to gift wrap him as well? We obviously have a problem in this area of the pitch personnel wise with Dobbie not getting a sniff & Hoskins not consistently getting a run out but if we are going to sell I hope we are not doing so cheaply. Clubs are desperate for strikers & after his goal against Newcastle I'd hope we could recoup the money we laid out on him at least. Ok so he only has 6 months left but if he does go then we need Dobbie to stay otherwise unless we get in another besides Ulloa, we may pick up injuries such as with CMS yesterday & find ourselves in trouble.

I just hate seeing talent leave.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Don't understand some comments on this thread. I know CMS is our top scorer but Hoskins IMO is our best striker by far in terms of fitting into the way we play. He should be last on the list of people to get rid of

However CMS being injured yesterday was the perfect opportunity for Gus to play him and build on his goal against Newcastle. Gus didn't which sends a major message to the player. Probably wouldn't have left last week but the events of the last few days must have made him consider if he has a future here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoskins has never been fit at the right time, things just don't seem to have worked out for him. I'd liked to have seen him have a run but I fear time has run out if we sign Ulloa unless CMS leaves and we don't get anyone else in up front in which case his time may well come after a few more sub appearances to let him regain sharpness. Hope he stays personally, there is something about him I like.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

@es_management: [MENTION=17904]htfc[/MENTION]lukehindle #htfc will get Will Hoskins from #bhafc for £200k, should go thru Tuesday

Actually had heard this before that. Not a reliable or cast iron source, but who knows.

I am disappointed by the situation, but we don't see the players, so we need to trust the coaching staff. After last week, and CMS being injured, I'd have been sure he might have had a role to play yesterday, especially maybe for Buckley half way through the second half.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Not playing yesterday must have been a problem for Hoskins ! He wants first team football (They all do )....I rate the player,however 200k,is a joke. Why is it when we want a striker they cost and want zillions,and when we sell one ,its a give-away .....? At least 500k plus add ons,if all concerned feel that is best for the player.IMO although i rate him i feel he will only ever be one of the strikers at this level .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not playing yesterday must have been a problem for Hoskins ! He wants first team football (They all do )....I rate the player,however 200k,is a joke. Why is it when we want a striker they cost and want zillions,and when we sell one ,its a give-away .....? At least 500k plus add ons,if all concerned feel that is best for the player.IMO although i rate him i feel he will only ever be one of the strikers at this level .

You are aware he has 6 months left on his contract aren't you?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Thanks. Makes a lot more sense now. Any idea who es management are?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm not sure what planet you're on, but he certainly hasn't looked like he's developing into a great striker from where I've been sitting!

I think he can do a job at this level, but he's not going to improve any more. He's a useful back up player, but no great loss if he goes.

Very much this

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
I'd be shocked if Hoskins gets the boot.
He looks like he's developing into a great striker, possibly better than any of our other strikers this season so far.

If he does get the boot, it's got to do with something else rather than ability?

Agreed 100%.
Really wish he could get a run in the team as i think his positioning in the box is better than CMS and his first touch and distribution and hold up play is better.
Still like CMS .....CMS just needs his confidence back.....but Hosky deserves a run after his goal against the Toon.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Perhaps he's been offered out on loan.

Loaning him out probably isn't an option. With just 6 months left on his contract it would be better to get something for him to pay towards another wage?
After not being given a lead role yesterday I'm not surprised if he wants out. Something is obviously amiss between him and Gus.
He's never seemed to fit with us for whatever reason and he will no doubt come back to haunt us if and when he does go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
200k......?

If we get nothing in the next 17/18 days, he goes for free in June.

I'm know Tony Bloom, but I know what I'd do, if it is unlikely the club want to keep him / offer him a new competitive deal etc.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hoskins has never been fit at the right time, things just don't seem to have worked out for him. I'd liked to have seen him have a run but I fear time has run out if we sign Ulloa unless CMS leaves and we don't get anyone else in up front in which case his time may well come after a few more sub appearances to let him regain sharpness. Hope he stays personally, there is something about him I like.

Fair comment there Icy, although I think he'll be back up Naaaarth quicker than you can say "saft Southern shandy-drinkin' bastard". I might have a flutter on him bagging a hatrick against us in March...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'll be so disappointed if we sell him. I'd rather lose CMS and Dobbie than Hoskins.

For some reason I seem to have so much more patience with Hoskins than any of our other strikers.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Hoskins seems to get cut quite a lot of slack by people on here. His goalscoring record at this level is virtually nil and, aside from one good season for Bristol Rovers, he has hardly pulled up any trees over the last five years anywhere.

Would be surprised if he went on to embarrass the club after leaving à la Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here