Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins on his way....?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Huddersfield still have a Rhodes shaped hole in their front line, which Hoskins could fill quite nicely. But that said, I don't think he's had a fair run in the side, and 200k would be a joke price to sell him at. £750k minimum, or a loan if I were Gus. However I would like to see Hoskins have a run in the side with CMS just behind him as the link up man. I think that would work. Something like this......

--------------Kusczack
Bridge----Greer-----Dunk-----Bruno
--------------Bridcutt
Buckley-------------------Spanish Dave
----------------Orlandi
----------------CMS
---------------Hoskins

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Huddersfield still have a Rhodes shaped hole in their front line, which Hoskins could fill quite nicely. But that said, I don't think he's had a fair run in the side, and 200k would be a joke price to sell him at.

See previous posts... He will leave on a free in 6 months time otherwise.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
As he is out of contract in summer and has family in east midlands, would be no great surprise if his agent was looking for such opportunities in the summer, as he could sign such a pre contract now.
Just as club is entitled to try and sell him for a fee before the end of the transfer window, he could of course turn any move down and opt to stay and fight for a place etc, exactly what he chose not to do last season.
Having said that Nooney opted to stay this time last year, signed a new contract, and was then gone six months or so later.
Money talks, just as season ticket prices and all other albion related prices will no doubt be rising soon too

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Didn't score 20 goals in an albeit relegated Bristol Rovers side if he wasn't up to it in Gus's eyes. Had a shit run of luck with injuries and his personal life. Given a decent chance he will shine, if he goes he will bite us on the arse bigtime, mark my words!

scooter1

How soon is now?
As he is out of contract in summer and has family in east midlands, would be no great surprise if his agent was looking for such opportunities in the summer, as he could sign such a pre contract now.
Just as club is entitled to try and sell him for a fee before the end of the transfer window, he could of course turn any move down and opt to stay and fight for a place etc, exactly what he chose not to do last season.
Having said that Nooney opted to stay this time last year, signed a new contract, and was then gone six months or so later.
Money talks, just as season ticket prices and all other albion related prices will no doubt be rising soon too
He can only sign a per contract agreement with a club in a different country, so rule that out.
I hope he stays but with his family in Nottingham and previously unable to settle here, I think he'll go. If not in this window, then definitely in the summer

Dec 29, 2011
He can only sign a per contract agreement with a club in a different country, so rule that out.
I hope he stays but with his family in Nottingham and previously unable to settle here, I think he'll go. If not in this window, then definitely in the summer

I'm pretty sure pre-contracts can be signed by any club 6 months prior to the contract expiring (domestic or foreign). It's part of the Bosman ruling which effects all teams in the English leagues.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think it's time he moved on.... We will have too many strikers and our wage bill must be huge. If he goes, we must be confident of keeping CMS which in my opinion is good news. It's a shame when we lose players but this one is an indication of our growing ambition. Good luck to Will if he does go, he's not had much of it down here.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He is playing into form, he scored in his last appearance, a space is available in his position in a home match. He is back on the bench and does not even get on.

He must be mightily pissed off. And he has had enough clues that Gus does not really rate him.

In his shoes - I'd be off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He is playing into form, he scored in his last appearance, a space is available in his position in a home match. He is back on the bench and does not even get on.

He must be mightily pissed off. And he has had enough clues that Gus does not really rate him.

I'm afraid I agree with this. Shame it hasn't worked out but I reckon he's on his way. His face clearly doesn't fit. Such a shame as his HAIR looked magnificent against Newcastle.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm afraid I agree with this. Shame it hasn't worked out but I reckon he's on his way. His face clearly doesn't fit. Such a shame as his HAIR looked magnificent against Newcastle.

A decision to offload Hoskins will come back to haunt Poyet I fear.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
you simply cannot rely on this guy to be fit, even if he is a talented player.
We are not going to offer him a contract yet, if at all, as we do not know yet what division we will be playing in next year.
A 2 year deal is what he would be after and why would we offer him that when he has been practically injured for the 2 years he has been here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A decision to offload Hoskins will come back to haunt Poyet I fear.
Depends what you mean by "haunt". Score against us? Possibly? Score routinely elsewhere at this level? Perhaps? But in the end, if he has been replaced by someone who does go on to be even better then Poyet will still have been proved right.

I like Hoskins though, and I'm surprised he's not really been given much of a chance here. But a family based in the East Midlands doesn't show much in the way of committment either, so it's not really surprising. He's prob worth £300k, which would represent a £200k loss.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
People will say this about whoever we let go in our striking dept.

I was saying this to a friend this morning, whether we offload Hoskins Dobbie or CMS they are likely to improve whoever they join and score a hat full of goals. We've got as good a mix of strikers you could hope for in this Division without spending megabux on someone like Rhodes but seemingly not the right one for us, hopefully that's Ulloah.

We'll just have to cut our losses this season with one of them though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm pretty sure pre-contracts can be signed by any club 6 months prior to the contract expiring (domestic or foreign). It's part of the Bosman ruling which effects all teams in the English leagues.

I don't think so... I know its only a game but on Football Manager you can only sign foreign players on pre-contracts and you have to wait until contract expiry. For a game that prides itself on its realism, I'd be very surprised if they got something to big wrong.

That's not to say offers won't be made and hands shaken prior to June 30th, just that no contract will be signed.

Ultimately, if Hoskins is going to leave anyway at the end of the season, I'd rather we get some cash for him now. I'd be sad to see him go though, its seems an age ago that he signed and looked really decent alongside CMS in pre-season (2011/12).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

True. I was surprised he didn't get on in the last 20 minutes vs. Derby. For me though, I'd rather see Dobbie leave than Hoskins a) we'll get more money and b) we'll keep a player with a point to prove which is always cracking motivation. Although as you imply, how long Hoskins would be prepared to wait it a different question.

Looking at our front line, Ulloa will be first choice with CMS alongside in the pecking order (who plays will depend on the style of the opposition I reckon). Barnes is next up with Hoskins 4th and Dobbie 5th choice. Even if CMS leaves, Hoskins will likely only jump up to 3rd choice and that's if we don't move to directly replace CMS.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I guess who stays will depend on how Gus plans to play. It is unlikely that he will go 2 up top so I guess he will be looking to play people who can drop wide or into midfield and create join from there. This would seem to suit Dobbie most so I think he may move up in the pecking order if Ulloa is signed. As for CMS if it is 1 up front that he may have to settle for the bench to come on later since Gus wants phyicality up top. Which leaves hoskins. 6 months left on contract, never settled here, partly due to injuries, family up north. To me it looks unlikely that we will offer a new deal or that he would accept it. 200k now makes sense to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here