Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honestly who's shoes would you rather be in, ours or BMouths

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd rather be in Bournemouth's position right now when it comes to the footballing side. A full Dean Court (Goldsands my arse), 'customers' looking forward to decent football and possibly Premier League next season (unlikely but a darn sight more likely than our prospects for a few years).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He didn't get much out of the Burnley players, for what it's worth, despite signing a fair few of his ex-Bournemouth chums.
He seems to be doing alright with this lot. He's also got the Indian sign over us....have we ever beaten one of his teams?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He seems to be doing alright with this lot. He's also got the Indian sign over us....have we ever beaten one of his teams?

I think it's a bit Cinderella Syndrome with Howe. Bournemouth really is the perfect fit for him. He gets paid a very decent salary, he's near his family, his previous record and the (still) relatively low expectations of the fans mean that even when they go on a bad run, he doesn't cop much stick for it, and they're clearly willing to chuck the kitchen sink at a promotion shot. I can't imagine why he'd ever leave them again.

Jan 1, 2014
Bmuff are f*cking tinpot.
This is their badge:

e444845603bb4f01aa2512996dc91bf2_400x400.jpeg

:tosser:

A decade watching your team through bino's, in an athletics track, infront of 8k is ****ing tinpot may I add.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A decade watching your team through bino's, in an athletics track, infront of 8k is ****ing tinpot may I add.

Ah yes but before and after that? we are have been's and never will again be tinpot......i like AFCB but can they say the same?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Bournemouth are heading to The Premier and even one Season will set them up for Years.remember only a few Years ago they started on minus 17 points in the 4th tier ,good luck to them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even if we go down,we have something Bournemouth does not,30,000 plus seats in League 1.....

Again no guarantee,but do well and be at the top of that division and a full Amex could generate a lot of income for a promotion push.

Why on earth would it generate full houses or any kind of excitement at all for a promotion push to where we already are?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ah yes but before and after that? we are have been's and never will again be tinpot......i like AFCB but can they say the same?

Ah the old tinpot accusation ! I'm sure every club has at some stage done tinpot things , even you lot .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why on earth would it generate full houses or any kind of excitement at all for a promotion push to where we already are?

It would....ask the 30000 that went to Cardiff in 2004...

I take your point tho..

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Bournemouth are heading to The Premier and even one Season will set them up for Years.remember only a few Years ago they started on minus 17 points in the 4th tier ,good luck to them.

Yeah , good luck to the cherries .

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
That hurt!

I like Brighton, just pointing out a fact to some of your new Amex fans.

Just pointing out the Withdean only held 8k, its boring having to point out time and time again that a large percentage of the crowd at The Amex are in fact Albion fans and always have been, we are a much bigger club than Bournemouth, smaller than Southampton but on a par with Pompey and Palace in fan base.

Well done for yesterday, FFP will screw you in the long run (because you are being bank rolled) but well done all the same....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just pointing out the Withdean only held 8k, its boring having to point out time and time again that a large percentage of the crowd at The Amex are in fact Albion fans and always have been, we are a much bigger club than Bournemouth, smaller than Southampton but on a par with Pompey and Palace in fan base.

Well done for yesterday, FFP will screw you in the long run (because you are being bank rolled) but well done all the same....

Who?

Jan 1, 2014

I know we are small! you're a bag of snakes, get out the house and get some air into your brain you toad.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004

But you must see Brighton are up as being bankrolled ?!!

Of your 25m income 4.8m of it came from the Premier League central payouts. Your wages salaries, social security costs were 21m so that's 112% of non premier league income !!! You lost 14m which excludes interest payments of 8-10m pa that luckily you dont have to pay due to TB making the loans interest free. That's all fine but no one understands why you think you are better than Bournemouth !!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
no one understands why you think you are better than Bournemouth !!

"No one" is a pretty small population of people, being a handful of saddo Palace fans who obsess over every detail of Albion's affairs. I really don't think anyone else in the big, wide footballing world gives two hoots about how some Brighton fans contrast their own club with another small-time outfit 90 miles along the coast.

Beyond that your point is largely valid of course. Two clubs who have been fortunate to have their operations largely subsidised by a wealthy benefactor. There are two key differences however:

- Brighton have traditionally enjoyed a larger following than Bournemouth. That may be just due to fluke of geography, as Bournemouth have Southampton just up the road, whereas the Albion have no local competition for supporters' attentions.

- We have been financed by a life-long fan from a family with very close connections to the club through multiple generations. Bournemouth's Russian owner, Maxim Demin, has absolutely no connection with the area nor the football club and is largely described as an "invisible man". I'll keep Tony Bloom if that's OK with you.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
But you must see Brighton are up as being bankrolled ?!!

Of your 25m income 4.8m of it came from the Premier League central payouts. Your wages salaries, social security costs were 21m so that's 112% of non premier league income !!! You lost 14m which excludes interest payments of 8-10m pa that luckily you dont have to pay due to TB making the loans interest free. That's all fine but no one understands why you think you are better than Bournemouth !!

I cant seem to see anywhere burrish-gull saying Brighton are better than Bournemouth ,as for the rest of your post re income etc , what actually is your point with your appraisal of our finances,because as you say "thats fine " so why point it out ,just seems a bit weird to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here